HAIL TO THE TOTALLY DIGITAL D60 !

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by annika1980@aol.com, Feb 24, 2007.

  1. Guest

    , Feb 24, 2007

  2. Neil Ellwood Guest

    On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 00:16:42 -0500, annika1980 wrote:

    > It may be a "lame duck" camera, but at least it still works.
    > http://www.pbase.com/image/74758594
    >
    > Who Rules?
    > Why, the Totally Digital D60, of course!

    What a funny looking camera.

    --
    Neil
    Reverse 'r' and 'a', delete 'l' for email.
    Neil Ellwood, Feb 24, 2007

  3. smb Guest

    On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 00:16:42 -0500, wrote:

    >It may be a "lame duck" camera, but at least it still works.
    >http://www.pbase.com/image/74758594
    >
    >Who Rules?
    >Why, the Totally Digital D60, of course!

    My D30 still works and produces excellent output, too. I loved that
    camera. But once I got my Nikons, I sold it. I like the way the
    Nikons work even better, but I don't slobber over them or try to tell
    people that they rule...

    Photographers rule, cameras are dumb tools.

    Just a thought.

    Steve

    PS Are you a Canon rep, or do you do this because you have some other
    attachment to the company?
    smb, Feb 24, 2007
  4. Annika1980 Guest

    On Feb 24, 5:42 am, smb <> wrote:

    > PS Are you a Canon rep, or do you do this because you have some other
    > attachment to the company?

    No, just a happy customer.
    But you know, for all the great publicity they get from me you would
    think they'd share the love and outfit me with a new 1DMKIII or maybe
    a 600 f/4 or a 85 f/1.2L II.

    I've probably sold more Canons than B&H.
    Annika1980, Feb 24, 2007
  5. mortn Guest

    wrote:
    > It may be a "lame duck" camera, but at least it still works.
    > http://www.pbase.com/image/74758594
    >
    > Who Rules?
    > Why, the Totally Digital D60, of course!

    Hi Annika
    I'm a long time fan. I was wondering ... Many of the pictures you
    display indicate Aperture Priority (3). I use a 20D and frequently
    select aperture priority, but what does the 3 represent? Are there
    various choices under aperture priority?
    mortn, Feb 24, 2007
  6. THO Guest

    In article <>,
    mortn <> wrote:
    > Hi Annika
    > I'm a long time fan. I was wondering ... Many of the pictures you

    Toady alert!
    THO, Feb 24, 2007
  7. ? "Annika1980" <> ?????? ??? ??????
    > On Feb 24, 5:42 am, smb <> wrote:
    > >
    > > PS Are you a Canon rep, or do you do this because you have some other
    > > attachment to the company?

    > No, just a happy customer.
    > But you know, for all the great publicity they get from me you would
    > think they'd share the love and outfit me with a new 1DMKIII or maybe
    > a 600 f/4 or a 85 f/1.2L II.
    >
    > I've probably sold more Canons than B&H.

    Yes, I agree with you.My sister has the canon powershot A2 (I think) and at
    only 2.2 MP it takes excellent photos.I have the Canon Pixma iP 4300 which
    is an excellent photo printer, an excellent document printer, and very
    economic with inks.

    --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    major in electrical engineering
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios, Feb 24, 2007
  8. ASAAR Guest

    On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 12:54:16 -0500, THO wrote:

    >> Hi Annika
    >> I'm a long time fan. I was wondering ... Many of the pictures you

    > Toady alert!

    ??? Which? The Annika toady or the Canon toady? :)
    ASAAR, Feb 24, 2007
  9. THO Guest

    In article <>,
    ASAAR <> wrote:

    > On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 12:54:16 -0500, THO wrote:
    >
    > >> Hi Annika
    > >> I'm a long time fan. I was wondering ... Many of the pictures you

    > > Toady alert!

    > ??? Which? The Annika toady or the Canon toady? :)

    Good point. :) I was referring to the toady trying to make points with
    Annika.
    THO, Feb 24, 2007
  10. Annika1980 Guest

    On Feb 24, 12:31 pm, mortn <> wrote:
    > Hi Annika
    > I'm a long time fan. I was wondering ... Many of the pictures you
    > display indicate Aperture Priority (3). I use a 20D and frequently
    > select aperture priority, but what does the 3 represent? Are there
    > various choices under aperture priority?

    No, there is only one Aperture Priority (Av) mode on the 20D.
    I shoot most of my pics using that since I usually want the fastest
    shutter speed at the aperture I select (usually wide open).

    Which program are you using to view the EXIF data?
    I believe that different programs label the values in different ways.
    Photoshop CS3 shows Av mode as "Exposure Program: 3" and Manual mode
    as "Exposure Program: 1" so maybe that's where the 3 comes from.

    I believe at least one camera made by the enemy has an "ISO Priority
    Mode." I'd like to see that feature incorporated into future Canon
    models.
    That way, I could set the lens wide open, choose my shutter speed and
    let the camera crank up the ISO if needed.
    Annika1980, Feb 24, 2007
  11. smb Guest

    On 24 Feb 2007 14:16:37 -0800, "Annika1980" <>
    wrote:

    >On Feb 24, 12:31 pm, mortn <> wrote:
    >> Hi Annika
    >> I'm a long time fan. I was wondering ... Many of the pictures you
    >> display indicate Aperture Priority (3). I use a 20D and frequently
    >> select aperture priority, but what does the 3 represent? Are there
    >> various choices under aperture priority?

    >No, there is only one Aperture Priority (Av) mode on the 20D.
    >I shoot most of my pics using that since I usually want the fastest
    >shutter speed at the aperture I select (usually wide open).
    >
    >Which program are you using to view the EXIF data?
    >I believe that different programs label the values in different ways.
    >Photoshop CS3 shows Av mode as "Exposure Program: 3" and Manual mode
    >as "Exposure Program: 1" so maybe that's where the 3 comes from.
    >
    >I believe at least one camera made by the enemy has an "ISO Priority
    >Mode." I'd like to see that feature incorporated into future Canon
    >models.

    See, referring to other cameras as "the enemy" makes people wonder
    where you're really coming from. Why is it that Nikon threatens you
    so?

    Don't worry, therapy is available. Sell your 20D and get some Nikon
    gear. Once you see it won't explode in your hands you'll have a
    better perception of reality. :)

    smb, Feb 25, 2007
  12. Bill Funk Guest

    wrote:

    >Which program are you using to view the EXIF data?

    It right there in Pbase's Full Exif info:
    "Exposure Program | aperture priority (3)"

    --
    The National Institutes of
    Health reported Monday that
    Bill Funk, Feb 25, 2007
  13. John Turco Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:

    > On Feb 24, 5:42 am, smb <> wrote:
    > >
    > > PS Are you a Canon rep, or do you do this because you have some other
    > > attachment to the company?

    > No, just a happy customer.
    > But you know, for all the great publicity they get from me you would
    > think they'd share the love and outfit me with a new 1DMKIII or maybe
    > a 600 f/4 or a 85 f/1.2L II.
    >
    > I've probably sold more Canons than B&H.

    Hello, Bret:

    Why don't you simply >ask< Canon to "donate" a camera and/or lens, to
    you? Offer to do a thorough, online review of the equipment in question,
    and promise to post sample photos, also.

    If you're persuasive enough, you may even be able to con the company
    into allowing you to keep the hardware! :p

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>
    John Turco, Feb 28, 2007
  14. John Turco Guest

    smb wrote:

    > On 24 Feb 2007 14:16:37 -0800, "Annika1980" <>
    > wrote:

    <edited, for brevity>

    > >I believe at least one camera made by the enemy has an "ISO Priority
    > >Mode." I'd like to see that feature incorporated into future Canon
    > >models.

    > See, referring to other cameras as "the enemy" makes people wonder
    > where you're really coming from. Why is it that Nikon threatens you
    > so?
    >
    > Don't worry, therapy is available. Sell your 20D and get some Nikon
    > gear. Once you see it won't explode in your hands you'll have a
    > better perception of reality. :)
    >
    > >That way, I could set the lens wide open, choose my shutter speed and
    > >let the camera crank up the ISO if needed.

    Hello, Steve:

    Oh, Bret is probably just jealous that King Kodak based its
    now-defunct line of DSLR cameras, on Nikon bodies. ;-)

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>
    John Turco, Mar 4, 2007
  15. Annika1980 Guest

    On Mar 3, 11:02 pm, John Turco <> wrote:

    > Oh, Bret is probably just jealous that King Kodak based its
    > now-defunct line of DSLR cameras, on Nikon bodies. ;-)

    Probably why there are so many FOR SALE signs posted in the lawns in
    Rochester, NY.
    Annika1980, Mar 4, 2007
  16. Neil Ellwood Guest

    On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 23:02:11 -0500, John Turco wrote:

    > Hello, Steve:
    >
    > Oh, Bret is probably just jealous that King Kodak based its
    > now-defunct line of DSLR cameras, on Nikon bodies. ;-)
    >

    > Cordially,
    > John Turco <>

    Didn't they also do Canons?

    Neil Ellwood, Mar 4, 2007
  17. ASAAR Guest

    On Sun, 04 Mar 2007 02:44:57 -0600, Neil Ellwood wrote:

    >> Oh, Bret is probably just jealous that King Kodak based its
    >> now-defunct line of DSLR cameras, on Nikon bodies. ;-)
    >>

    >> Cordially,
    >> John Turco <>

    > Didn't they also do Canons?

    For a while. From what I recall, Canon opted out towards the end,
    and for the last Kodak DSLR body that used the Canon lens mount,
    Sigma actually provided the body, not Canon.
    ASAAR, Mar 4, 2007
  18. John Turco Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:

    > On Mar 3, 11:02 pm, John Turco <> wrote:
    > >
    > > Oh, Bret is probably just jealous that King Kodak based its
    > > now-defunct line of DSLR cameras, on Nikon bodies. ;-)

    > Probably why there are so many FOR SALE signs posted in the lawns in
    > Rochester, NY.

    Hello, Bret:

    That's because Kodak got stuck with using Canon and Sigma bodies,
    too. <g>

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>
    John Turco, Mar 7, 2007