Hail to T. Gwynn!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mark², Jan 10, 2007.

  1. Mark²

    Mark² Guest

    Mark², Jan 10, 2007

  2. Mark²

    Skip Guest

    news:3zXoh.18045$...
    > In honor of induction day...
    >
    > Here's my shot of Tony's FINAL career hit...a double to left center...
    > ...Qualcomm Stadium, October 6, 2001.
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/markuson/image/50566039/original
    >
    > Welcome to the Hall, Mr. Gwynn.
    >
    > -Mark²
    >
    > --
    > Images (Plus Snaps & Grabs) by Mark² at:
    > www.pbase.com/markuson

    Good job, Mark!
    And congrats to San Diego State's baseball coach, the first career Padre in
    the Hall.

    --
    Skip Middleton
    www.shadowcatcherimagery.com
    Skip, Jan 10, 2007

  3. Mark²

    Mark² Guest

    Skip wrote:
    >> In honor of induction day...
    >>
    >> Here's my shot of Tony's FINAL career hit...a double to left
    >> center... ...Qualcomm Stadium, October 6, 2001.
    >>
    >> http://www.pbase.com/markuson/image/50566039/original
    >>
    >> Welcome to the Hall, Mr. Gwynn.
    >>
    >> -Mark²
    >>
    >> --
    >> Images (Plus Snaps & Grabs) by Mark² at:
    >> www.pbase.com/markuson
    >>

    > Good job, Mark!
    > And congrats to San Diego State's baseball coach, the first career
    > Padre in the Hall.

    Thanks, Skip. ;) You're a San Diego guy...so I don't have to tell you...

    ....But with so many super-stars like T.O. of the Cowboys letting their
    talent turn them into complete jerks, I have a special appreciation for guys
    like San Diego stars Tony Gwynn and Lanadian Tomlinson, who BOTH demonstrate
    that you CAN be a world class talent...AND STILL...be a world class human
    being.

    These are the kind of players we should ALL cheer for.

    www.pbase.com/markuson
    Mark², Jan 10, 2007
  4. Mark²

    Kinon O'Cann Guest

    > In honor of induction day...
    >
    > Here's my shot of Tony's FINAL career hit...a double to left center...
    > ...Qualcomm Stadium, October 6, 2001.
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/markuson/image/50566039/original
    >
    > Welcome to the Hall, Mr. Gwynn.

    If Gwynn didn't get in, they should close the hall. Also, I was very
    satisfied to see that the first of the "big cheaters" was rejected.
    Hopefully, they'll carry this philosophy forward when the biggest cheater is
    eligible and shut him out, as well.

    Nice shot, too.

    Kinon O'Cann, Jan 10, 2007
  5. Kinon O'Cann wrote:
    >> In honor of induction day...
    >>
    >> Here's my shot of Tony's FINAL career hit...a double to left center...
    >> ...Qualcomm Stadium, October 6, 2001.
    >>
    >> http://www.pbase.com/markuson/image/50566039/original
    >>
    >> Welcome to the Hall, Mr. Gwynn.

    > If Gwynn didn't get in, they should close the hall. Also, I was very
    > satisfied to see that the first of the "big cheaters" was rejected.
    > Hopefully, they'll carry this philosophy forward when the biggest cheater is
    > eligible and shut him out, as well.
    >
    > Nice shot, too.

    Are you referring to our Mr. Bonds, or Petey Rose?

    --
    john mcwilliams
    John McWilliams, Jan 10, 2007
  6. Mark²

    ASAAR Guest

    On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 08:34:54 -0800, John McWilliams wrote:

    >> Hopefully, they'll carry this philosophy forward when the biggest cheater is
    >> eligible and shut him out, as well.
    >>
    >> Nice shot, too.
    >>

    > Are you referring to our Mr. Bonds, or Petey Rose?

    Most likely the biggest cheater would be Mr. Bonds, biggest also
    referring to the muscular-skeletal size increases that result from
    ingesting some prohibited substances. Petey's violations probably
    are worse (bigger) but calling them "cheating" probably understates
    the seriousness of his gambling, which undermined the integrity of
    not just Petey Rose but all of major league baseball as well.
    ASAAR, Jan 10, 2007
  7. Mark²

    Cynicor Guest

    ASAAR wrote:
    > On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 08:34:54 -0800, John McWilliams wrote:
    >
    >>> Hopefully, they'll carry this philosophy forward when the biggest cheater is
    >>> eligible and shut him out, as well.
    >>>
    >>> Nice shot, too.
    >>>

    >> Are you referring to our Mr. Bonds, or Petey Rose?

    > Most likely the biggest cheater would be Mr. Bonds, biggest also
    > referring to the muscular-skeletal size increases that result from
    > ingesting some prohibited substances.

    Wait. You're saying that this isn't a normal growth pattern?
    http://trupin.smugmug.com/photos/65417790-O.jpg
    Cynicor, Jan 10, 2007
  8. Mark²

    ASAAR Guest

    On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 12:06:03 -0500, Cynicor wrote:

    >> Most likely the biggest cheater would be Mr. Bonds, biggest also
    >> referring to the muscular-skeletal size increases that result from
    >> ingesting some prohibited substances.

    > Wait. You're saying that this isn't a normal growth pattern?
    > http://trupin.smugmug.com/photos/65417790-O.jpg

    Mama mia! Anyone have one of his old baseball caps? ("If it
    doesn't fit, you can't acquit!")
    ASAAR, Jan 10, 2007
  9. Mark²

    Frank ess Guest

    Cynicor wrote:
    > ASAAR wrote:

    >>> Are you referring to our Mr. Bonds, or Petey Rose?

    >> Most likely the biggest cheater would be Mr. Bonds, biggest also
    >> referring to the muscular-skeletal size increases that result from
    >> ingesting some prohibited substances.

    > Wait. You're saying that this isn't a normal growth pattern?
    > http://trupin.smugmug.com/photos/65417790-O.jpg

    Dramatic, but you could do the same with a T. Gwynn pair. That's a lot
    of years.
    Frank ess, Jan 10, 2007
  10. Mark²

    Cynicor Guest

    Frank ess wrote:
    > Cynicor wrote:
    >> ASAAR wrote:

    >>> Most likely the biggest cheater would be Mr. Bonds, biggest also
    >>> referring to the muscular-skeletal size increases that result from
    >>> ingesting some prohibited substances.

    >> Wait. You're saying that this isn't a normal growth pattern?
    >> http://trupin.smugmug.com/photos/65417790-O.jpg

    > Dramatic, but you could do the same with a T. Gwynn pair. That's a lot
    > of years.

    Good point...I just did it though, and the difference is pretty much
    just the hair and the butt-ugly cap.

    http://trupin.smugmug.com/photos/122332912-O.jpg
    Cynicor, Jan 10, 2007
  11. Mark²

    Kinon O'Cann Guest

    "John McWilliams" <> wrote in message
    Kinon O'Cann wrote:
    >> In honor of induction day...
    >>
    >> Here's my shot of Tony's FINAL career hit...a double to left center...
    >> ...Qualcomm Stadium, October 6, 2001.
    >>
    >> http://www.pbase.com/markuson/image/50566039/original
    >>
    >> Welcome to the Hall, Mr. Gwynn.

    > If Gwynn didn't get in, they should close the hall. Also, I was very
    > satisfied to see that the first of the "big cheaters" was rejected.
    > Hopefully, they'll carry this philosophy forward when the biggest cheater
    > is eligible and shut him out, as well.
    >
    > Nice shot, too.

    Are you referring to our Mr. Bonds, or Petey Rose?

    Barry Bonds. Rose broke the rules by gambling, and does not deserve to be in
    the hall, but he didn't cheat. Bonds is a disgrace.

    --
    john mcwilliams
    Kinon O'Cann, Jan 10, 2007
  12. Mark²

    Kinon O'Cann Guest

    "Frank ess" <> wrote in message
    > Cynicor wrote:
    >> ASAAR wrote:

    >>> Most likely the biggest cheater would be Mr. Bonds, biggest also
    >>> referring to the muscular-skeletal size increases that result from
    >>> ingesting some prohibited substances.

    >> Wait. You're saying that this isn't a normal growth pattern?
    >> http://trupin.smugmug.com/photos/65417790-O.jpg

    > Dramatic, but you could do the same with a T. Gwynn pair. That's a lot of
    > years.

    Gwynn gained weight, but he was big to begin with, and his weight gain was
    very gradual and more normal looking. Bonds turned into a circus act. Total
    freak of nature, with the "roid rage" was evident in pretty much every
    aspect of his life. Bonds is a loser.

    Kinon O'Cann, Jan 10, 2007