    --
    Bear Bottoms-Freeware Researcher Extraordinaire
    Freeware website: http://bearware.info

    Bear Bottoms, Jun 3, 2009

  2. Bear Bottoms

    Todd H. Guest

    Bear Bottoms <> writes:

    > I have rivals who spout hate and are mean and discourteous with the
    > intention to ridicule and assasinate the character of anyone they deem
    > in opposition to their cause or those who don't join their team. They
    > are a cult as is their ilk.
    >
    > I am concerned that their hate will manifest. How can I keep this cult
    > from destroying my work and such?
    >
    > They have provided malware which shut down my wireless via my router.
    > They are capable of many things....this is fact.
    >
    > Am I vulnerable?

    A penetration test and/or web application security assessment are the
    commercial product offerings you seek. You'll want to choose a
    reputable, trustworthy and skilled outfit to perform it. They'll
    want signed written legal permission to perform the test.

    Not all such offerings are created equal. You have a range of
    services that'll run a silly scan against the target, often with lots
    of false positives, redress it and call it a report, to folks who
    really really know what they're doing giving you a very thorough
    test.

    They aren't cheap as the folks who do this well aren't exactly
    unskilled labor.

    Best Regards,
    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/

    Todd H., Jun 3, 2009

  3. Bear Bottoms

    VanguardLH Guest

    Bear Bottoms wrote:

    > I have rivals who spout hate and are mean and discourteous with the
    > intention to ridicule and assasinate the character of anyone they deem
    > in opposition to their cause or those who don't join their team. They
    > are a cult as is their ilk.
    >
    > I am concerned that their hate will manifest. How can I keep this cult
    > from destroying my work and such?
    >
    > They have provided malware which shut down my wireless via my router.
    > They are capable of many things....this is fact.
    >
    > Am I vulnerable?

    See what happens when you attack the folks that think alt.comp.freeware
    is a private chat room for discussing management tasks and announcing
    additions to the PWH site. Learn to killfile. Then you won't see all
    that PWH noise in the group. And stop starting flame threads about PWH
    which obviously focuses their attention on you.

    > --
    > Bear Bottoms-Freeware Researcher Extraordinaire
    > Freeware website: http://bearware.info

    The "Extraordinaire" is ego stroking and probably doesn't help with your
    image, either.

    bearware.info is registered through eNom as the registrar. You list
    e-mail addresses there for contact. Those contacts only need to be
    valid to your registrar and no one else. You should use a special-
    purpose e-mail account that is used for e-mails only from your registrar
    so they can contact you. Use the account only for registrar e-mails and
    add a filter that deletes all e-mails unless they come from your
    registrar.

    ICANN requires the registrant to provide true information regarding
    their identity. However, registrars get around this requirement by
    volunteering to be the responsible party for the registration. They
    provide a "private" registration. That means the domain's registration
    shows the registrant as the registrar. You hide behind the registrar.
    Some users will see this hiding and not trust such sites. Many users
    haven't a clue how to lookup domain registration data. Private
    registration usually costs extra money by the registrar if they provide
    that service.

    Attractsoft.com is listed in that domain registration. A traceroute to
    your host shows it is on a awardspace.com host (who are owned by
    AttractSoft). My guess is they are your webhosting provider. Since you
    aren't running your own web server, you don't have any control over the
    security of your site. You will have to rely on the security afforded,
    if any, by your webhost provider. If you're using their freebie
    "starter" plan then maybe their paid plans offer more security. For
    example, at https://www.awardspace.com/details-easystarter-plan.html,
    they show "Password protection" as NOT available for their starter plan.
    For example, you might want the root folder for your web store to only
    contain the index.html file. Any other web pages for your site must be
    accessed or navigation started from index.html and from nowhere else.
    That means you password protect the subfolders with your web pages so
    only index.html can access them and index.html has nothing more than a
    meta-refresh to load the home page from one of those protected
    subfolders. Screwing over index.html is possible but then it doesn't
    have much inside of it and would be easy to re-upload to replace it.

    You will have to discuss security concerns with your webhost provider.
    You're leasing their property under their management. I'm not into
    hacking web sites so I am not an expert on telling you how to prevent
    it. I figure the webhost provider should know about that stuff. Or
    start learning on your own by Googling for articles on how to hack or
    prevent it.

    http://www.google.com/search?q=+hacking +web site

    VanguardLH, Jun 3, 2009
  4. Bear Bottoms

    ©Ari® Guest

    On Wed, 3 Jun 2009 12:57:47 -0400, Bear Bottoms wrote:

    > I have rivals who spout hate and are mean and discourteous with the
    > intention to ridicule and assasinate the character of anyone they deem
    > in opposition to their cause or those who don't join their team. They
    > are a cult as is their ilk.
    >
    > I am concerned that their hate will manifest. How can I keep this cult
    > from destroying my work and such?
    >
    > They have provided malware which shut down my wireless via my router.
    > They are capable of many things....this is fact.
    >
    > Am I vulnerable?

    I hope the **** you are, Botthole. If there is a Yahweh, I pray that He
    gives the knowledge to blow your st00pid fucking site to Hell and back,
    you drug pushing, Cajun pimpsucker.
    --
    A fireside chat not with Ari!
    http://tr.im/holj

    ©Ari®, Jun 5, 2009
  5. Bear Bottoms

    ©Ari® Guest

    On Wed, 03 Jun 2009 14:38:13 -0500, Todd H. wrote:

    > Bear Bottoms <> writes:
    >
    >> I have rivals who spout hate and are mean and discourteous with the
    >> intention to ridicule and assasinate the character of anyone they deem
    >> in opposition to their cause or those who don't join their team. They
    >> are a cult as is their ilk.
    >>
    >> I am concerned that their hate will manifest. How can I keep this cult
    >> from destroying my work and such?
    >>
    >> They have provided malware which shut down my wireless via my router.
    >> They are capable of many things....this is fact.
    >>
    >> Am I vulnerable?

    > A penetration test and/or web application security assessment are the
    > commercial product offerings you seek. You'll want to choose a
    > reputable, trustworthy and skilled outfit to perform it. They'll
    > want signed written legal permission to perform the test.
    >
    > Not all such offerings are created equal. You have a range of
    > services that'll run a silly scan against the target, often with lots
    > of false positives, redress it and call it a report, to folks who
    > really really know what they're doing giving you a very thorough
    > test.
    >
    > They aren't cheap as the folks who do this well aren't exactly
    > unskilled labor.
    >
    > Best Regards,

    Todd, I know you mean well but do the world a favor and STFU. This guy
    is an AssClown's AssClown, a shameless drug runner with a background of
    shady shit as long as my Jewish nose. And that is long, let me tell ya'.

    Tell me, if Bear Bottoms had killed your baby, would you still be
    counseling this low lifed cretin?
    --
    A fireside chat not with Ari!
    http://tr.im/holj

    ©Ari®, Jun 5, 2009
  6. Bear Bottoms

    David W Guest

    On Fri, 5 Jun 2009 12:44:33 -0400, ©Ari® wrote:

    > On Wed, 3 Jun 2009 12:57:47 -0400, Bear Bottoms wrote:
    >
    >> I have rivals who spout hate and are mean and discourteous with the
    >> intention to ridicule and assasinate the character of anyone they deem
    >> in opposition to their cause or those who don't join their team. They
    >> are a cult as is their ilk.
    >>
    >> I am concerned that their hate will manifest. How can I keep this cult
    >> from destroying my work and such?
    >>
    >> They have provided malware which shut down my wireless via my router.
    >> They are capable of many things....this is fact.
    >>
    >> Am I vulnerable?

    > I hope the **** you are, Botthole. If there is a Yahweh, I pray that He
    > gives the knowledge to blow your st00pid fucking site to Hell and back,
    > you drug pushing, Cajun pimpsucker.

    Mr. Silverstein(n), may we borrow your Velocity?

    <crickets>
    --
    http://www.farkie.com/

    David W, Jun 5, 2009
  7. Bear Bottoms

    ©Ari® Guest

    On Fri, 5 Jun 2009 12:56:00 -0400, David W wrote:

    > On Fri, 5 Jun 2009 12:44:33 -0400, ©Ari® wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 3 Jun 2009 12:57:47 -0400, Bear Bottoms wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have rivals who spout hate and are mean and discourteous with the
    >>> intention to ridicule and assasinate the character of anyone they deem
    >>> in opposition to their cause or those who don't join their team. They
    >>> are a cult as is their ilk.
    >>>
    >>> I am concerned that their hate will manifest. How can I keep this cult
    >>> from destroying my work and such?
    >>>
    >>> They have provided malware which shut down my wireless via my router.
    >>> They are capable of many things....this is fact.
    >>>
    >>> Am I vulnerable?

    >> I hope the **** you are, Botthole. If there is a Yahweh, I pray that He
    >> gives the knowledge to blow your st00pid fucking site to Hell and back,
    >> you drug pushing, Cajun pimpsucker.

    > Mr. Silverstein(n), may we borrow your Velocity?
    >
    > <crickets>

    About the time you get through kissing my ass, Linton. How's the prime
    biz?
    --
    A fireside chat not with Ari!
    http://tr.im/holj

    ©Ari®, Jun 5, 2009
  8. Bear Bottoms

    Bp. L. Polk Guest

    On Jun 5, 9:47 am, ©Ari® <> wrote:
    > On Wed, 03 Jun 2009 14:38:13 -0500, Todd H. wrote:
    > > Bear Bottoms <> writes:

    > >> I have rivals who spout hate and are mean and discourteous with the
    > >> intention to ridicule and assasinate the character of anyone they deem
    > >> in opposition to their cause or those who don't join their team. They
    > >> are a cult as is their ilk.

    > >> I am concerned that their hate will manifest. How can I keep this cult
    > >> from destroying my work and such?

    > >> They have provided malware which shut down my wireless via my router.
    > >> They are capable of many things....this is fact.

    > >> Am I vulnerable?

    > > A penetration test and/or web application security assessment are the
    > > commercial product offerings you seek.  You'll want to choose a
    > > reputable, trustworthy and skilled outfit to perform it.    They'll
    > > want signed written legal permission to perform the test.

    > > Not all such offerings are created equal.  You have a range of
    > > services that'll run a silly scan against the target, often with lots
    > > of false positives, redress it and call it a report, to folks who
    > > really really know what they're doing giving you a very thorough
    > > test.

    > > They aren't cheap as the folks  who do this well aren't exactly
    > > unskilled labor.

    > > Best Regards,

    > Todd, I know you mean well but do the world a favor and STFU. This guy
    > is an AssClown's AssClown, a shameless drug runner with a background of
    > shady shit as long as my Jewish nose. And that is long, let me tell ya'.
    >
    > Tell me, if Bear Bottoms had killed your baby, would you still be
    > counseling this low lifed cretin?
    > --
    > A fireside chat not with Ari!http://tr.im/holj
    > Motto: Live To Spooge It!

    Ari, another deadhead zombie is David W. I honestly cannot decide
    whether they are the same, that is, BB and DW. Do you know? DW is
    Very Antisemitic, that is one of the characteristics of this dead
    soul. Advise. And good luck on your site.
    B.L.P.

    Bp. L. Polk, Jun 5, 2009
  9. Bear Bottoms

    David W Guest

    On Fri, 5 Jun 2009 12:58:23 -0400, ©Ari® wrote:

    > On Fri, 5 Jun 2009 12:56:00 -0400, David W wrote:

    >>> I hope the **** you are, Botthole. If there is a Yahweh, I pray that He
    >>> gives the knowledge to blow your st00pid fucking site to Hell and back,
    >>> you drug pushing, Cajun pimpsucker.

    >> Mr. Silverstein(n), may we borrow your Velocity?
    >>
    >> <crickets>

    > About the time you get through kissing my ass, Linton. How's the prime
    > biz?

    Slow but not yet slow enough to beg for a mercy job. :) I see that you
    have found our favorite pond scum?
    --
    http://www.farkie.com/

    David W, Jun 5, 2009
  10. Bear Bottoms

    ©Ari® Guest

    On Fri, 5 Jun 2009 09:58:41 -0700 (PDT), Bp. L. Polk wrote:

    > On Jun 5, 9:47 am, ©Ari® <> wrote:

    >>> A penetration test and/or web application security assessment are the
    >>> commercial product offerings you seek.  You'll want to choose a
    >>> reputable, trustworthy and skilled outfit to perform it.    They'll
    >>> want signed written legal permission to perform the test.

    >>> Not all such offerings are created equal.  You have a range of
    >>> services that'll run a silly scan against the target, often with lots
    >>> of false positives, redress it and call it a report, to folks who
    >>> really really know what they're doing giving you a very thorough
    >>> test.

    >>> They aren't cheap as the folks  who do this well aren't exactly
    >>> unskilled labor.

    >>> Best Regards,

    >> Todd, I know you mean well but do the world a favor and STFU. This guy
    >> is an AssClown's AssClown, a shameless drug runner with a background of
    >> shady shit as long as my Jewish nose. And that is long, let me tell ya'.
    >>
    >> Tell me, if Bear Bottoms had killed your baby, would you still be
    >> counseling this low lifed cretin?
    >> --
    >> A fireside chat not with Ari!http://tr.im/holj
    >> Motto: Live To Spooge It!

    > Ari, another deadhead zombie is David W. I honestly cannot decide
    > whether they are the same, that is, BB and DW. Do you know? DW is
    > Very Antisemitic, that is one of the characteristics of this dead
    > soul. Advise. And good luck on your site.
    > B.L.P.

    Linton anti-JewBall? lol

    Hardly considering he's married to a Wailing Wall Princess.
    --
    A fireside chat not with Ari!
    http://tr.im/holj

    ©Ari®, Jun 5, 2009
  11. Bear Bottoms

    ©Ari® Guest

    On Fri, 5 Jun 2009 13:04:30 -0400, David W wrote:

    > On Fri, 5 Jun 2009 12:58:23 -0400, ©Ari® wrote:

    >>> Mr. Silverstein(n), may we borrow your Velocity?
    >>>
    >>> <crickets>

    >> About the time you get through kissing my ass, Linton. How's the prime
    >> biz?

    > Slow but not yet slow enough to beg for a mercy job. :) I see that you
    > have found our favorite pond scum?

    Yeah he's worried about getting his shitsite hacked by the Collection of
    Cretins on ACF, which btw wtfen are you doing over there?

    Begging for asspennies?
    --
    A fireside chat not with Ari!
    http://tr.im/holj

    ©Ari®, Jun 5, 2009
  12. Bear Bottoms

    David W Guest

    On Fri, 5 Jun 2009 13:09:18 -0400, ©Ari® wrote:

    > On Fri, 5 Jun 2009 13:04:30 -0400, David W wrote:

    >>> About the time you get through kissing my ass, Linton. How's the prime
    >>> biz?

    >> Slow but not yet slow enough to beg for a mercy job. :) I see that you
    >> have found our favorite pond scum?

    > Yeah he's worried about getting his shitsite hacked by the Collection of
    > Cretins on ACF, which btw wtfen are you doing over there?
    >
    > Begging for asspennies?

    Simply hanging out, Luke has my Lancair, shall I hum that tune for you?
    --
    http://www.farkie.com/

    David W, Jun 5, 2009
  13. Bear Bottoms

    ©Ari® Guest

    On Fri, 5 Jun 2009 13:10:36 -0400, David W wrote:

    > On Fri, 5 Jun 2009 13:09:18 -0400, ©Ari® wrote:

    >>> Slow but not yet slow enough to beg for a mercy job. :) I see that you
    >>> have found our favorite pond scum?

    >> Yeah he's worried about getting his shitsite hacked by the Collection of
    >> Cretins on ACF, which btw wtfen are you doing over there?
    >>
    >> Begging for asspennies?

    > Simply hanging out, Luke has my Lancair, shall I hum that tune for you?

    lol

    How's that feel, Linton? No thanks, I know that one by rote.
    --
    A fireside chat not with Ari!
    http://tr.im/holj

    ©Ari®, Jun 5, 2009
  14. Bear Bottoms

    David W Guest

    On Fri, 5 Jun 2009 13:13:02 -0400, ©Ari® wrote:

    > On Fri, 5 Jun 2009 13:10:36 -0400, David W wrote:

    >>> Yeah he's worried about getting his shitsite hacked by the Collection of
    >>> Cretins on ACF, which btw wtfen are you doing over there?
    >>>
    >>> Begging for asspennies?

    >> Simply hanging out, Luke has my Lancair, shall I hum that tune for you?

    > lol
    >
    > How's that feel, Linton? No thanks, I know that one by rote.

    So good not to see you, Ari. They love you as much as butter beans on
    ACF.
    --
    http://www.farkie.com/

    David W, Jun 5, 2009
  15. Bear Bottoms

    ©Ari® Guest

    On Wed, 3 Jun 2009 15:03:30 -0500, VanguardLH wrote:

    > Bear Bottoms wrote:
    >
    >> I have rivals who spout hate and are mean and discourteous with the
    >> intention to ridicule and assasinate the character of anyone they deem
    >> in opposition to their cause or those who don't join their team. They
    >> are a cult as is their ilk.
    >>
    >> I am concerned that their hate will manifest. How can I keep this cult
    >> from destroying my work and such?
    >>
    >> They have provided malware which shut down my wireless via my router.
    >> They are capable of many things....this is fact.
    >>
    >> Am I vulnerable?

    > See what happens when you attack the folks that think alt.comp.freeware
    > is a private chat room for discussing management tasks and announcing
    > additions to the PWH site. Learn to killfile. Then you won't see all
    > that PWH noise in the group. And stop starting flame threads about PWH
    > which obviously focuses their attention on you.

    What is it with you, Left- Handed FuckHead? Do you get your rocks off
    seeing yourself in print? ****'s sakes, if Hitler posted that he was
    getting stuck gas valves, you'd fucking redesign the entire shower
    room.

    >> --
    >> Bear Bottoms-Freeware Researcher Extraordinaire
    >> Freeware website: http://bearware.info

    > The "Extraordinaire" is ego stroking and probably doesn't help with your
    > image, either.

    Ya' think? He's a full blown shithead and you've decided to counsel him
    on the fucking oh so obvious?

    > bearware.info is registered through eNom as the registrar. You list
    > e-mail addresses there for contact. Those contacts only need to be
    > valid to your registrar and no one else. You should use a special-
    > purpose e-mail account that is used for e-mails only from your registrar
    > so they can contact you. Use the account only for registrar e-mails and
    > add a filter that deletes all e-mails unless they come from your
    > registrar.
    >
    > ICANN requires the registrant to provide true information regarding
    > their identity. However, registrars get around this requirement by
    > volunteering to be the responsible party for the registration. They
    > provide a "private" registration. That means the domain's registration
    > shows the registrant as the registrar. You hide behind the registrar.
    > Some users will see this hiding and not trust such sites. Many users
    > haven't a clue how to lookup domain registration data. Private
    > registration usually costs extra money by the registrar if they provide
    > that service.
    >
    > Attractsoft.com is listed in that domain registration. A traceroute to
    > your host shows it is on a awardspace.com host (who are owned by
    > AttractSoft). My guess is they are your webhosting provider. Since you
    > aren't running your own web server, you don't have any control over the
    > security of your site. You will have to rely on the security afforded,
    > if any, by your webhost provider. If you're using their freebie
    > "starter" plan then maybe their paid plans offer more security. For
    > example, at https://www.awardspace.com/details-easystarter-plan.html,
    > they show "Password protection" as NOT available for their starter plan.
    > For example, you might want the root folder for your web store to only
    > contain the index.html file. Any other web pages for your site must be
    > accessed or navigation started from index.html and from nowhere else.
    > That means you password protect the subfolders with your web pages so
    > only index.html can access them and index.html has nothing more than a
    > meta-refresh to load the home page from one of those protected
    > subfolders. Screwing over index.html is possible but then it doesn't
    > have much inside of it and would be easy to re-upload to replace it.
    >
    > You will have to discuss security concerns with your webhost provider.
    > You're leasing their property under their management. I'm not into
    > hacking web sites so I am not an expert on telling you how to prevent
    > it. I figure the webhost provider should know about that stuff. Or
    > start learning on your own by Googling for articles on how to hack or
    > prevent it.
    >
    > http://www.google.com/search?q=+hacking +web site

    I left all the above so everyone all over Usenet can see what a fucking
    simpleton you are.

    Hey, I hear Stalin is resurrected. Any chance you could meet up with him
    and give a feww of your "good" words on genocide? lol
    --
    A fireside chat not with Ari!
    http://tr.im/holj

    ©Ari®, Jun 5, 2009
  16. Bear Bottoms

    Todd H. Guest

    ©Ari® <> writes:
    > On Wed, 03 Jun 2009 14:38:13 -0500, Todd H. wrote:
    >
    >> Bear Bottoms <> writes:
    >>
    >>> I have rivals who spout hate and are mean and discourteous with the
    >>> intention to ridicule and assasinate the character of anyone they deem
    >>> in opposition to their cause or those who don't join their team. They
    >>> are a cult as is their ilk.
    >>>
    >>> I am concerned that their hate will manifest. How can I keep this cult
    >>> from destroying my work and such?
    >>>
    >>> They have provided malware which shut down my wireless via my router.
    >>> They are capable of many things....this is fact.
    >>>
    >>> Am I vulnerable?

    >> A penetration test and/or web application security assessment are the
    >> commercial product offerings you seek. You'll want to choose a
    >> reputable, trustworthy and skilled outfit to perform it. They'll
    >> want signed written legal permission to perform the test.
    >>
    >> Not all such offerings are created equal. You have a range of
    >> services that'll run a silly scan against the target, often with lots
    >> of false positives, redress it and call it a report, to folks who
    >> really really know what they're doing giving you a very thorough
    >> test.
    >>
    >> They aren't cheap as the folks who do this well aren't exactly
    >> unskilled labor.
    >>
    >> Best Regards,

    > Todd, I know you mean well but do the world a favor and STFU. This guy
    > is an AssClown's AssClown, a shameless drug runner with a background of
    > shady shit as long as my Jewish nose. And that is long, let me tell ya'.
    >
    > Tell me, if Bear Bottoms had killed your baby, would you still be
    > counseling this low lifed cretin?

    Ari,

    Honestly, I don't know who the F either of you are. Based on a cursory
    browse of bearware.info I don't see anything but a distribution site
    for freeware. What am I missing? I get a feeling though that a
    cross-post to alt.comp.security has involved me with some
    alt.comp.freeware flame history in which I don't really care to
    participate.

    If someone wants to secure their website, and isn't known to me to be
    using that website for illegal or otherwise objectionable activity,
    then I'm happy to tell them the service they need.

    But don't fear, if BearBottoms is as you say he is, he won't pony up
    the $10-$30k needed for a proper test of his site. And no, he hasn't
    killed my baby. Did he kill yours? If so, I could see why you're so
    upset.

    --
    Todd H.

    Todd H., Jun 5, 2009
  17. Ari, another deadhead zombie is David W. I honestly cannot decide
    whether they are the same, that is, BB and DW. Do you know? DW is
    Very Antisemitic, that is one of the characteristics of this dead
    soul. Advise. And good luck on your site.
    B.L.P.

    If it's antisemitic to spew hatred toward Jews, what is it called when a Jew
    spews hatred toward others?

    dick blisters, Jun 5, 2009
  18. Re:Ari Silverstein

    Ari Silverstein.... get over yourself.

    dick blisters, Jun 5, 2009
  19. On Jun 5, 11:38 am, "dick blisters" <> wrote:
    > Ari, another deadhead zombie is David W.  I honestly cannot decide
    > whether they are the same, that is, BB and DW.  Do you know?  DW is
    > Very Antisemitic, that is one of the characteristics of this dead
    > soul.  Advise.  And good luck on your site.
    > B.L.P.
    >
    > If it's antisemitic to spew hatred toward Jews, what is it called when a Jew
    > spews hatred toward others?

    antigentilic

    Polk,L.,Bp.ECCSA, Jun 5, 2009
  20. Bear Bottoms

    ©Ari® Guest

    On Fri, 5 Jun 2009 13:38:01 -0500, dick blisters wrote:

    > Ari, another deadhead zombie is David W. I honestly cannot decide
    > whether they are the same, that is, BB and DW. Do you know? DW is
    > Very Antisemitic, that is one of the characteristics of this dead
    > soul. Advise. And good luck on your site.
    > B.L.P.
    >
    > If it's antisemitic to spew hatred toward Jews, what is it called when a Jew
    > spews hatred toward others?

    Traditional.
    --
    A fireside chat not with Ari!