Hackers target net call systems

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Ad C, Sep 20, 2005.

  1. Ad C

    Ad C Guest

    Ad C, Sep 20, 2005

  2. Ad C

    Stickems. Guest

    Stickems., Sep 20, 2005

  3. Ad C

    SalehJambo Guest

    "Stickems." <> wrote in message
    news:432fed09$0$72031$...
    > Stuff and nonsense.

    I agree wholeheartedly with stickems im afraid.

    SalehJambo, Sep 20, 2005
  4. Ad C

    Stickems. Guest

    No need to be afraid.

    Stickems., Sep 20, 2005
  5. Ad C

    Guest

    On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 11:59:50 +0100, "Stickems."
    <> wrote:

    >Stuff and nonsense.
    >

    >"Ad C" <> wrote in message
    >|
    >| It seems we may be safer staying with land lines after all
    >|

    >| http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4259554.stm

    More nonsence than stuff .

    , Sep 20, 2005
  6. Ad C

    Ian Guest

    "Stickems." <> wrote in message
    > Stuff and nonsense.
    >

    > "Ad C" <> wrote in message
    > |
    > | It seems we may be safer staying with land lines after all
    > |

    > | http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4259554.stm

    Not sure about the sticking with landlines. But yes bot herds are attacking
    voip servers. Mine where attacked last week on many occasions from servers
    from US, UK, korea and Italy, all of them had been compromised and where
    attacking ssh access. Im glad that mine hel up, but lets hope all those A@H
    users changed their passwords as that was the first one of the hundreds
    tried. ssh access is now blocked.

    Ian

    Ian, Sep 20, 2005
  7. Ian wrote:
    > "Stickems." <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Stuff and nonsense.
    >>
    >>"Ad C" <> wrote in message
    >>|
    >>| It seems we may be safer staying with land lines after all
    >>|
    >>| http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4259554.stm
    >>

    > Not sure about the sticking with landlines. But yes bot herds are attacking
    > voip servers. Mine where attacked last week on many occasions from servers
    > from US, UK, korea and Italy, all of them had been compromised and where
    > attacking ssh access. Im glad that mine hel up, but lets hope all those A@H
    > users changed their passwords as that was the first one of the hundreds
    > tried. ssh access is now blocked.
    >
    > Ian

    Just about every machine on the internet with port 22 open seems to be
    subject to ssh attacks lately.

    Thomas Rankin, Sep 20, 2005
  8. In message <4BXXe.10144$>, Thomas Rankin
    <> writes
    >Ian wrote:
    >> "Stickems." <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Stuff and nonsense.
    >>>
    >>>"Ad C" <> wrote in message

    >> Not sure about the sticking with landlines. But yes bot herds are
    >>attacking
    >> voip servers. Mine where attacked last week on many occasions from servers
    >> from US, UK, korea and Italy, all of them had been compromised and where
    >> attacking ssh access. Im glad that mine hel up, but lets hope all those A@H
    >> users changed their passwords as that was the first one of the hundreds
    >> tried. ssh access is now blocked.
    >> Ian
    >>

    >Just about every machine on the internet with port 22 open seems to be
    >subject to ssh attacks lately.

    The answer is to change the default port 22 to something else in the
    config file /etc/ssh/sshd_config also change protocol to 2
    then restart the service :-
    service sshd restart

    --
    Dave