    my laptop. Any suggestions????

    Thanks,
    Alan

    Alan Mason, Nov 17, 2003

  2. Alan Mason

    Brownie Guest

    "Alan Mason" <> wrote in message
    news:FsTtb.1930$...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I bought the Sony DVP-NS305 and as it was explained to me by the sales

    rep,
    > I thought this unit to be multi-region. Unfortunately it is not.
    >
    > Does anyone know a handset hack for this model? I have seen hacks using a
    > palm pilot but I do not have that type of unit and I don't have infrared

    on
    > my laptop. Any suggestions????

    AFAIK - it has to be done from a 'master' handset that presumably the PDA is
    emulating. When I bought my 405 at a Sony centre, I asked for multi-region
    and they offered to do it for 20 quid. In the end, as I was buying lots of
    gear, it was a tenner. If you can get it done anywhere near that price it
    will be easier than messing around for ages - got to be worth ringing a Sony
    centre for a quote, or any Sony repair shop.

    Brownie, Nov 17, 2003

  3. Alan Mason

    C.u.b.i.k Guest

    Argos - Buy a cheap palm

    Use it

    Take it back within the 16 days! Money back.....

    Hey presto - Free mod

    C.u.b.i.k, Nov 18, 2003