    other, and be clustered.

    Thanks
    John

    John Mason Jr, Jan 5, 2010

  2. "John Mason Jr" <> wrote in message
    news:hhvgg5$eg1$-september.org...
    >I would like to set up my pair of 2960's to connect my servers to a SAN and
    >avoid an outage if a switch fails.
    >
    > Each server will have a teamed connection, going to each switch
    >
    > And the switches will have multiple etherchannel connections to each
    > other, and be clustered.
    >

    > Thanks
    > John

    Fine...wish you luck...and you would like to ask...?:)
    btw. clustering on cat2960 isn't related with switch redundancy. it's more
    of the switch management feature...

    Igor Mamuzic aka Pseto, Jan 5, 2010

  3. On 1/5/2010 9:04 AM, Igor Mamuzic aka Pseto wrote:
    > "John Mason Jr"<> wrote in message
    >> I would like to set up my pair of 2960's to connect my servers to a SAN and
    >> avoid an outage if a switch fails.
    >>
    >> Each server will have a teamed connection, going to each switch
    >>
    >> And the switches will have multiple etherchannel connections to each
    >> other, and be clustered.
    >>

    >> Thanks
    >> John
    >>

    > Fine...wish you luck...and you would like to ask...?:)
    > btw. clustering on cat2960 isn't related with switch redundancy. it's more
    > of the switch management feature...

    My question would be am I going in the right direction, does the setup
    make sense, or am I really missing something?

    Is there a guide or best practices for setting up this type of
    configuration?

    Thanks
    John

    John Mason Jr, Jan 5, 2010
  4. John Mason Jr

    bryanpalacios

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2010
    Messages:
    9
    Location:
    Guatemala
    How would you cluster you pair of 2960´s? 8)

    bryanpalacios, Jan 6, 2010
  5. John Mason Jr

    donjohnston

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2008
    Messages:
    38
    If you're saying that you will have one NIC in the server going to one switch and the other NIC going to the other switch AND you're going to team them, then you've got a problem. 2960's don't support cross chassis etherchannel. You've got to have 3750's or 6500's to do that.

    donjohnston, Jan 15, 2010