H.323: How to restart OLC,TCS,MSD?

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Martin, Nov 12, 2005.

  1. Martin

    Martin Guest

    Hello,

    I got a question for the H.323 protocol experts.

    A Gatekeeper (GK) within a Pstn gateway is sending H.245 "empty
    terminal capability set" (tcs0) towards two H.323 endpoints, in order
    to instruct them to close their logical channels. The GK is also
    closing its forward channels. So far so good.

    What is the latest recommended way in H.323 to go for the GK to
    instruct the two endpoints, that they should restart negotiating
    OpenLogicalChannels, TerminalCapabilities and the MasterSlave
    determination?

    The actual intent is to connect the two media streams of the involved
    endpoints together. Regular H.450.2 (Call Transfer) cannot be applied,
    because the situation occurs in an h.323--pstn interworking scenario
    and must be settled otherwise.

    Thanks,
    Martin
    Martin, Nov 12, 2005

  2. On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 02:21:19 -0800, Martin wrote:
    > A Gatekeeper (GK) within a Pstn gateway is sending H.245 "empty terminal
    > capability set" (tcs0) towards two H.323 endpoints, in order to instruct
    > them to close their logical channels. The GK is also closing its forward
    > channels. So far so good.
    >
    > What is the latest recommended way in H.323 to go for the GK to instruct
    > the two endpoints, that they should restart negotiating
    > OpenLogicalChannels, TerminalCapabilities and the MasterSlave
    > determination?

    Once upon a time when I was still working with H.323 we did this by
    sending the "sendTerminalCapapbilitySet" message to one (or both? I don't
    remember) sides of the conversation. The state machines in the stacks of
    the time (ca 2002) weren't very sophisticated so when they received a new
    TCS, they just continued as if this all was the start of a new
    conversation.

    I have _no_ idea what the recommended way is of today...

    --
    Andreas Sikkema
    Andreas Sikkema, Nov 13, 2005