H.323: How to register GW without prefix?

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Zeljko, Jul 7, 2004.

  1. Zeljko

    Zeljko Guest

    Hi,

    I have a problem with understanding how terminalType(endpointType)
    should be set when no supported prefix exist for corresponding endpoint.

    For example how should GW set terminalType to indicate its nature
    and that receiving GK will interpret as this is gateway for voice
    services but without prefix.

    The problem is that ASN.1 coder does not treat length 0 for supported
    prefix as valid since definition
    e164 IA5String(SIZE (1..128))(FROM ("0123456789No. *,")),
    says that length (SIZE) start from 1.

    RegistrationRequest ::= SEQUENCE --(RRQ)
    {
    terminalType EndpointType,
    }

    EndpointType ::= SEQUENCE {
    nonStandardData NonStandardParameter OPTIONAL,
    vendor VendorIdentifier OPTIONAL,
    gatekeeper GatekeeperInfo OPTIONAL,
    gateway GatewayInfo OPTIONAL,
    mcu McuInfo OPTIONAL,
    terminal TerminalInfo OPTIONAL,
    mc BOOLEAN,
    undefinedNode BOOLEAN,
    }

    GatewayInfo ::= SEQUENCE {
    protocol SEQUENCE OF SupportedProtocols OPTIONAL,
    nonStandardData NonStandardParameter OPTIONAL,
    }

    SupportedProtocols ::= CHOICE {
    nonStandardData NonStandardParameter,
    h310 H310Caps,
    h320 H320Caps,
    h321 H321Caps,
    h322 H322Caps,
    h323 H323Caps,
    h324 H324Caps,
    voice VoiceCaps,
    t120-only T120OnlyCaps,
    ...,
    nonStandardProtocol NonStandardProtocol
    }

    VoiceCaps ::= SEQUENCE {
    nonStandardData NonStandardParameter OPTIONAL,
    ...,
    dataRatesSupported SEQUENCE OF DataRate OPTIONAL,
    supportedPrefixes SEQUENCE OF SupportedPrefix
    }

    SupportedPrefix ::= SEQUENCE {
    nonStandardData NonStandardParameter OPTIONAL,
    prefix AliasAddress,
    }

    AliasAddress ::= CHOICE {
    e164 IA5String(SIZE (1..128))(FROM ("0123456789No. *,")),
    h323-ID BMPString(SIZE (1..256)), -- Basic ISO/IEC 10646-1 (Unicode)
    ...,
    url-ID IA5String(SIZE (1..512)), -- URL style address
    transportID TransportAddress,
    email-ID IA5String(SIZE (1..512)), -- rfc822-compliant email address
    partyNumber PartyNumber
    }

    Basically I would like to say that "this is gateway for voice" and not set
    any of optional fields. How to do that?

    Thanks in advance.

    Best regards,
    Zeljko
    Zeljko, Jul 7, 2004

  2. On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 08:01:52 -0700, Zeljko wrote:

    > For example how should GW set terminalType to indicate its nature
    > and that receiving GK will interpret as this is gateway for voice
    > services but without prefix.

    > GatewayInfo ::= SEQUENCE {
    > protocol SEQUENCE OF SupportedProtocols OPTIONAL,
    > nonStandardData NonStandardParameter OPTIONAL,
    > }

    > Basically I would like to say that "this is gateway for voice" and not set
    > any of optional fields. How to do that?

    Just register with an alias address and leave GatewayInfo empty

    --
    Andreas
    Andreas Sikkema, Jul 9, 2004

  3. Zeljko

    Zeljko Guest

    Andreas Sikkema <> wrote in message news:<>...
    any of optional fields. How to do that?

    > Just register with an alias address and leave GatewayInfo empty

    Hi Andreas,

    Thanks for your answer.

    Just one clarification. In this case (GatewayInfo empty) is undefinedNode
    set to TRUE, while when GatewayInfo is filled undefinedNode must be set to
    FALSE?
    Is this field (undefinedNode) irrelevant when you register with your alias
    address?

    Thanks in advance.

    Best regards,
    Zeljko