    established cannot be taken over by Gateway B.
    all comments will be appreciated.

    Joei.

    Joei valley, Jun 1, 2004

  2. Joei valley

    Appan KH Guest

    Hi,
    The best way is to go through Gatekeeper. The Gatekeeper(GK) can
    monitor the Gws and reroute . But the question is if GK fails what is
    the solution?. Telecom require 99.9999 up time you can configure your
    network with two GKs. All these leads to high cost and complexity.
    If the network is small and only for your internal communications you
    can just go with Gws and it is highly reliable.

    appan kh

    Appan KH, Jun 2, 2004

  3. Joei valley

    Joei valley Guest

    Thanks for your comment,
    The problem is that the GK can only redirect new unestablished calls
    failed) to the other GW - and my concern is about calls that have been
    already established to one of the GW, can they be somehow redirected
    to another H.323 endpoint without disconnecting the call?
    Please note that in my scenario the 'GW' is actually two separate
    machines (and IP) - one handles H.225/H.245 signalling and the other
    handles the RTP and provides the TDM interface.

    Joei.

    Joei valley, Jun 2, 2004
  4. Joei valley

    Scott Lowrey Guest

    Joei valley wrote:

    > is it possible configure two H.323 gateways (each with a different IP
    > address) in a redundant solution - so when one gateway fails - the
    > established calles will be handled by the other gateway without
    > disconnecting?

    As I understand it, this is difficult for H.323 because of its use of
    TCP signaling channels. The concept of migrating connected TCP sockets
    to another system is pretty challenging - the packet sequence numbers
    are nearly impossible to synchronize. If you can't maintain the control
    channels, I think you lose the call.

    I don't know of all the possible solutions - there are probably
    different ways of approaching the problem that could lead to a high
    availability system.

    On the other hand, SIP signaling and RTP media streams can be (and have
    been) made workable in a redundant configuration.

    -Scott

    Scott Lowrey, Jun 3, 2004