    without a print server...

    -there are 20 clients devided into 4 departments...

    thanks in advance...

    duanne, Sep 3, 2008

  2. duanne

    CBIC Guest

    "duanne" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > guys can you please help me to list things that might happen in a network
    > without a print server...
    >
    > -there are 20 clients devided into 4 departments...
    >
    > thanks in advance...

    do your own homework

    CBIC, Sep 3, 2008

  3. duanne

    John R Guest

    "duanne" <> wrote in message
    > guys can you please help me to list things that might happen in a network
    > without a print server...
    >
    > -there are 20 clients devided into 4 departments...
    >
    > thanks in advance...

    1. People might print directly to their printers.
    2. People might choose to not print and save a tree.
    3. People might print to other networks.
    4. People might print to files on their local desktops.
    5. There might be less network traffic.
    6. The govt. might actually explain what happens in Area 51
    7. The winning lottery numbers might come to you in a dream
    8. Your high school girl friend might find you and give you bad news
    9. Bob Saget might win an emmy
    10. The Surgeon General might determine that smoking is good for you
    11. The Earth might shift on it's axis
    12. Hilary might run as a third party candidate
    13. Ford might actually make a dependable long-lasting car
    14. Your glasses might loose their rose color
    15. The middle east might drop the price of oil
    16. Microsoft might buy Apple
    17. Flav-o-Flav might play at your birthday party

    Ummm... How many items did you need?

    John R

    John R, Sep 3, 2008
  4. duanne

    LRM Guest

    "duanne" <> wrote in message
    > guys can you please help me to list things that might happen in a network
    > without a print server...
    >
    > -there are 20 clients devided into 4 departments...
    >
    > thanks in advance...

    Sure I can answer this:
    1. Users complain incessantly about not being able to print.
    2. Management explains to user community that they are going to be green and
    go paperless.
    3. The users mutiny and buy personal HP printers and install locally with
    stupid HP software that is the most invasive and annoying spyware known to
    Windows.
    4. The users descend on the help desk complaining about how slow the network
    is.
    5. The IT department begins wearing protective gear to work and barricading
    themselves in the data center because the users refuse to uninstall the HP
    software causing al the slowness.....
    6. The company spends $50k a year in inkjet cartridges.
    7. Management begins to see IT as a black hole that money slips into and
    begins to outsource it.

    HTH

    LRM, Sep 3, 2008
  5. ys can you please help me to list things that might happen in a network

    20 people will ask you about the print server.
    you dont have to buy paper.

    dino kwang yang, Sep 3, 2008
  6. duanne

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >guys can you please help me to list things that might happen in a network
    >without a print server

    yes, everyone starts fcuking each other.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Sep 3, 2008
  7. duanne

    Dude Guest

    Your company must be too cheap to buy a server. I used to work for a company
    like that, then I got laid off. You can still share printers in XP. A
    shared local printer in a workgroup is sort of like having a print server.
    But seriously, why can't you just start the Print Spooler service on one of
    your existing servers and change startup to Automatic. Then you could add
    network printers to it and share them.

    Dude, Sep 4, 2008
  8. I am thinking that Number 13 is far fetched!!

    Hollywood0728, Sep 8, 2008
  9. I am thinking that Number 13 is far fetched!!

    Hollywood0728, Sep 8, 2008
  10. duanne

    Bill Hileman Guest

    Hollywood0728 wrote:
    > I am thinking that Number 13 is far fetched!!

    If you throw me far enough...

    Bill "Frisbee" Hileman, MCNGP #13

    Bill Hileman, Sep 8, 2008
  11. duanne

    Bill Hileman Guest

    Bill Hileman, Sep 8, 2008
  12. duanne

    kpg Guest

    "LRM" <> wrote in

    > "duanne" <> wrote in message
    >> guys can you please help me to list things that might happen in a
    >> network without a print server...
    >>
    >> -there are 20 clients devided into 4 departments...
    >>
    >> thanks in advance...

    > Sure I can answer this:
    > 1. Users complain incessantly about not being able to print.
    > 2. Management explains to user community that they are going to be
    > green and go paperless.
    > 3. The users mutiny and buy personal HP printers and install locally
    > with stupid HP software that is the most invasive and annoying spyware
    > known to Windows.
    > 4. The users descend on the help desk complaining about how slow the
    > network is.
    > 5. The IT department begins wearing protective gear to work and
    > barricading themselves in the data center because the users refuse to
    > uninstall the HP software causing al the slowness.....
    > 6. The company spends $50k a year in inkjet cartridges.
    > 7. Management begins to see IT as a black hole that money slips into
    > and begins to outsource it.
    >
    > HTH

    I think you nailed it. Voice of experience?

    kpg, Sep 8, 2008
  13. duanne

    kpg Guest

    Kline Sphere <.> wrote in

    >>guys can you please help me to list things that might happen in a
    >>network without a print server

    > yes, everyone starts fcuking each other.
    >
    > Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    ummm... voice of experience?

    kpg, Sep 8, 2008
  14. duanne

    kpg Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?RHVkZQ==?= <> wrote in

    > Your company must be too cheap to buy a server. I used to work for a
    > company like that, then I got laid off. You can still share printers
    > in XP. A shared local printer in a workgroup is sort of like having a
    > print server. But seriously, why can't you just start the Print
    > Spooler service on one of your existing servers and change startup to
    > Automatic. Then you could add network printers to it and share them.
    >
    > "duanne" wrote:
    >
    >> guys can you please help me to list things that might happen in a
    >> network without a print server...
    >>
    >> -there are 20 clients devided into 4 departments...
    >>
    >> thanks in advance...

    Dude!

    kpg, Sep 8, 2008
  15. duanne

    LRM Guest

    "kpg" <> wrote in message
    > "LRM" <> wrote in
    >
    >> "duanne" <> wrote in message
    >>> guys can you please help me to list things that might happen in a
    >>> network without a print server...
    >>>
    >>> -there are 20 clients devided into 4 departments...
    >>>
    >>> thanks in advance...

    >> Sure I can answer this:
    >> 1. Users complain incessantly about not being able to print.
    >> 2. Management explains to user community that they are going to be
    >> green and go paperless.
    >> 3. The users mutiny and buy personal HP printers and install locally
    >> with stupid HP software that is the most invasive and annoying spyware
    >> known to Windows.
    >> 4. The users descend on the help desk complaining about how slow the
    >> network is.
    >> 5. The IT department begins wearing protective gear to work and
    >> barricading themselves in the data center because the users refuse to
    >> uninstall the HP software causing al the slowness.....
    >> 6. The company spends $50k a year in inkjet cartridges.
    >> 7. Management begins to see IT as a black hole that money slips into
    >> and begins to outsource it.
    >>
    >> HTH

    > I think you nailed it. Voice of experience?

    Why yes, does it show?

    LRM, Sep 9, 2008
  16. duanne

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "LRM" <> say in news:O$posDhEJHA.3488
    @TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl:

    > Why yes, does it show?

    not from here, send pics

    --