    in the back ground , I gather it is to get my attention to some kind of
    advert.can any one tell me what it is or how to get rid of it. cheers any
    help would be great mark
    mark, Feb 21, 2004

  2. mark

    ICee Guest

    mark wrote:
    > hi all
    > sometimes when I am browsing the internet I here what sounds like a
    > gun shot in the back ground , I gather it is to get my attention to
    > some kind of advert.can any one tell me what it is or how to get rid
    > of it. cheers any help would be great mark

    Shoot the speakers.
    ICee, Feb 21, 2004

  3. mark

    trout Guest

    mark wrote:

    > hi all
    > sometimes when I am browsing the internet I here what sounds like a
    > gun shot in the back ground , I gather it is to get my attention to
    > some kind of advert.can any one tell me what it is or how to get rid
    > of it. cheers any help would be great mark

    Sounds like a pop-up blocker. So you use the Google Toolbar? If it's
    *that*, click on Options; More; and uncheck "play sound when blocking
    pop-ups". If it's a different blocker, you'll have to look through the
    program options.
    --
    "But probably that type of program."
    trout, Feb 21, 2004
  4. mark

    Harrison Guest

    On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 14:05:19 -0800, "mark" <> wrote:

    >hi all
    >sometimes when I am browsing the internet I here what sounds like a gun shot
    >in the back ground , I gather it is to get my attention to some kind of
    >advert.can any one tell me what it is or how to get rid of it. cheers any
    >help would be great mark

    Duck!
    Harrison, Feb 21, 2004
  5. mark

    joevan Guest

    On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 18:17:04 -0500, Harrison <Harrison> wrote:

    >On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 14:05:19 -0800, "mark" <> wrote:
    >
    >>hi all
    >>sometimes when I am browsing the internet I here what sounds like a gun shot
    >>in the back ground , I gather it is to get my attention to some kind of
    >>advert.can any one tell me what it is or how to get rid of it. cheers any
    >>help would be great mark

    > Duck!

    Good Shot!!!!!!!!!!
    joevan
    joevan, Feb 21, 2004
  6. mark wrote:

    > sometimes when I am browsing the internet I here what sounds like a gun shot
    > in the back ground , I gather it is to get my attention to some kind of
    > advert.can any one tell me what it is or how to get rid of it. cheers any
    > help would be great mark

    What others have said, plus: might also be a cookie blocker, munching
    cookies.

    --
    Blinky Linux RU 4892F
    http://linuxnotjustforgeeks.org
    Blinky the Shark, Feb 22, 2004
  7. mark

    DC Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > mark wrote:

    >> sometimes when I am browsing the internet I here what sounds like a gun shot
    >> in the back ground , I gather it is to get my attention to some kind of
    >> advert.can any one tell me what it is or how to get rid of it. cheers any
    >> help would be great mark

    > What others have said, plus: might also be a cookie blocker, munching
    > cookies.

    Or he lives in LA. };O)

    --
    DC Registered Linux User #1000111011000111001

    DC, Feb 22, 2004
  8. DC wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >> mark wrote:

    >>> sometimes when I am browsing the internet I here what sounds like a gun shot
    >>> in the back ground , I gather it is to get my attention to some kind of
    >>> advert.can any one tell me what it is or how to get rid of it. cheers any
    >>> help would be great mark

    >> What others have said, plus: might also be a cookie blocker, munching
    >> cookies.

    > Or he lives in LA. };O)

    <ducking a stray> Why, whatever do you mean?

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 22, 2004