    Anyway, any help would be great

    Thanks to all

    Gordon

    Gordon, May 24, 2009

  2. Gordon

    thanatoid Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in
    news:rseSl.169782$2:

    http://www.akoff.com/index.html

    --
    Lots of theoretical butchers are alleged and other bloody eyes
    are suitable, but will Pam secure that?

    thanatoid, May 25, 2009

  3. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    "Steve" <> wrote in message
    > In article <rseSl.169782$2>,
    > says...
    >> Hi
    >> Does anyone know of a software which will allow me to plug my guitar in
    >> my line-in and the software will convert the notes I play in real time to
    >> midi file, or I can use my guitar to play my keyboards, before anyone
    >> say's
    >> I should buy a guitar midi pick up, I have an old one and its slow by
    >> that I
    >> mean its old and its latency is rubbish compared to what they have now,
    >> but
    >> then I thought there must be a software version out there somewhere,
    >> maybe
    >> there is and maybe someone knows where I can buy this software which will
    >> be
    >> a lot cheaper than a pick-up of which for a decent one is silly money.
    >>
    >> I have goggled and maybe I am not putting in the right keywords as not a
    >> great deal comes back.
    >>
    >> Anyway, any help would be great
    >>
    >> Thanks to all
    >>
    >> Gordon
    >>

    > http://www.google.com/search?q=guitar pc recorder&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
    > &aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a
    >
    > http://www.musiconmypc.co.uk/art_record_guitar_on_pc.php
    >
    > Nothing there that helps?

    Hi thanks for the replies, I did try the all 3 of the links, downloaded the
    software which was attached to the link that thanaoid provided, but sorry
    this doesn't work at all, I play a chord it give's me a midi file with 2
    notes from the chord, but nice try, it is what I am looking for but not that
    good and doesn't do what it says on the tin, I tried several times with
    different settings.

    the other links are fine but for recording the guitar, I have all the
    recording software I need, what I want it a good analogue to midi convertor,
    so that I can play my guitar into the computer and allows me to play my
    keyboard, like I said I have a midi pick up on my guitar that does just that
    but its old now and it's not up to today's challenges

    Thanks for the help though folks, if you come across anything in the future
    I would be most grateful, the anooying thing is about 10 years ago a
    guitarist I met in a studio had such a type of software and it worked well
    on a computer then, I wish I could remember the name of it.

    Gordon

    Gordon, May 25, 2009