    TIA < : F L I G H T Y : >
    --
    www.flighty.co.uk

    Guest, Jun 13, 2005

  2. Guest

    old jon Guest

    "< : F L I G H T Y : >" <> wrote in message
    > is it possible to record from elecric guitar directly to PC?
    >
    > TIA < : F L I G H T Y : >
    > --
    > www.flighty.co.uk

    Yes of course it is. You might not need a pre-amp. bw..J

    old jon, Jun 13, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    old jon wrote:
    > "< : F L I G H T Y : >" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>is it possible to record from elecric guitar directly to PC?
    >>
    >>TIA < : F L I G H T Y : >
    >>--
    >>www.flighty.co.uk
    >>

    > Yes of course it is. You might not need a pre-amp. bw..J

    any suggestions how - 3.5mm jack plug to USB connection? Software via
    Sound Recorder - I'd like to have a direct input if possible rather than
    using a mic.

    Cheers

    Flighty

    Guest, Jun 13, 2005
  4. Guest

    Shep© Guest

    On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 21:33:08 +0100 He understood Liz1 so well "< : F
    L I G H T Y : >" <> wrote :

    >is it possible to record from elecric guitar directly to PC?
    >
    >TIA < : F L I G H T Y : >

    Yes but usually with a crap sound.
    However if you have an,"Effects" box then use it's,"Compressor" and
    fiddle with the input and out put ranges but be careful.There are many
    good Studio Devices on the market to help create a good,"Direct sound"
    to mixing concoles/PCs.I've tried a couple of software ones that you
    can get off the net and they are crap.
    Look for a cheap,"DI"(Direct Injection) box as these pre-amp and
    equalize impedances to match the guitar to the PC sound card/mixer
    input.

    Some direct input sounds can be good but they almost always need to
    have compression and graphic equalization applied to sound
    acoustically good as a bare minimum.
    UK
    http://www.millennium-music.co.uk/home/products.pl?subcategory_id=GUITAR EFF&mode=list

    USA