    get better acquainted. Does anybody have any recommendations about local
    suppliers and/or feedback (geddit ?) on the device itself ?

    TIA

    Jammy Handrux, Oct 5, 2003

  2. Jammy Handrux

    JB Guest

    IMHO the ongoing cost is too expensive. While the backing tracks are good,
    they also take far too long to d/load with dialup.

    I think it is far better to get some decent music books (Berklee Modern
    Method for Guitar for example), and work your butt off with those. Excellent
    books for learning to read and gaining right and left hand technique.

    I'd also suggest getting hold of a hard disk recorder (I have the Zoom
    MRS1266) and hook it up to your computer so you can mix tracks with your
    fave software.

    Far better to spend your time actually playing the guitar than sitting in
    front of the computer. Although I must admit, I use Transcribe (software to
    slow music down to pick off those tricky chords and licks) which does
    require sitting at the 'puter.
    --
    JB
    www.guitarlessons.co.nz