    RPMs or .debs are nice, too.

    Much thanks,
    Gary
    Gary, Feb 21, 2008

  2. Gary

    alexd Guest

    On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 03:07:01 +0000, Gary wrote:

    > The first one I'm considering is KVpnc: http://home.gna.org/kvpnc I'd
    > also like to try a Gnome tool

    You don't /have/ to run a GNOME app because you're using GNOME - this
    seems to be a common misconception.

    > at home on my openSUSE box but it looks
    > like gvpn-dialer is a bit out of date. Is it still viable? Are there any
    > others I should look at? I don't mind compiling from source but having
    > RPMs or .debs are nice, too.

    kvpnc works great. The only thing it won't do is TCP transport, but I
    believe that's a shortcoming of the underlying vpnc program. It also does
    OpenVPN and Free/SWAN. Perhaps someone could port it to Windows; it seems
    faster and more reliable than the official Windows client to me anyway.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    08:47:15 up 12 days, 11:50, 2 users, load average: 1.02, 1.05, 1.01
    alexd, Feb 21, 2008

  3. Gary

    Gary Guest

    alexd wrote:

    > You don't /have/ to run a GNOME app because you're using GNOME - this
    > seems to be a common misconception.

    I don't want to have to compile anything that requires libraries that I
    don't already have installed since I don't know yet which model of Eee PC
    I'll be building on. I might be pressed for space just building the kernel
    module if it's only the 2G model. As for my home desktop, I think I'm
    already running both Gnome and KDE apps under openSUSE while using neither
    of their respective window managers.

    > The only thing it won't do is TCP transport, but I believe that's a
    > shortcoming of the underlying vpnc program.

    NAT tranversal handles most issues well enough now without the need for
    TCP transport. And I'm pretty sure that TCP transport was available in pre
    7.x (Finesse) releases of PIX firmware since it showed up as early as the
    3.x builds of the client. It has to be enabled on the firewall, first,
    however, or the client will ignore that entry in the PCF file (e.g.
    TcpTunnelingPort=10000).

    -Gary
    Gary, Feb 21, 2008
  4. Gary

    . Guest

    On 21 Feb, 03:07, Gary <> wrote:
    > Per a request from one of our users that just bought an Eee PC, I
    > downloaded and installed the Cisco VPN client for Linux (4.8.01.0640 is
    > the current version). Before doing the work on the Eee PC, I downloaded a
    > trial of Xandros Desktop Pro 4.2, installed it on an older Pentium III
    > Dell w/ 256MB RAM, installed the kernel source and GCC, and ran the
    > installer. I already have a PCF file from the OS X and Win32 installers
    > I've built and that worked perfectly. What I'm wondering now is, since
    > this is a CLI only client, has anyone tried any of the various GUI
    > add-ons, esp. on Xandros, another Debian based distro, or the Eee PC's
    > custom Xandros build?
    >
    > The first one I'm considering is KVpnc:http://home.gna.org/kvpnc
    > I'd also like to try a Gnome tool at home on my openSUSE box but it looks
    > like gvpn-dialer is a bit out of date. Is it still viable? Are there any
    > others I should look at? I don't mind compiling from source but having
    > RPMs or .debs are nice, too.
    >
    > Much thanks,
    > Gary

    http://secure-vpn.com/

    I bought a yearly VPN it works great

    Mac WIN XP/Vista compatibility..
    3 Server USA-CANADA-Germany Best Speed and very low price!
    They sent me these links after i bought VPN you can see tutorials and
    buy from this page:
    http://secure-vpn.com/monthly.html
    Windows XP/Vista Setup Flash Tutorial :
    http://secure-vpn.com/PPTP-L2TP.rar