Guide to setting up your own VOIP service?

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by GeekBoy, Jul 18, 2007.

  1. GeekBoy

    GeekBoy Guest

    Last year I had found a great site that explained in detail how to setup
    your own IP service and included some links and company names to purchase
    certain services and hardware.

    I had the site bookmarked on a computer that has sinced crashed and I just
    cannot find the site or a similar one to help me along again.

    Now that I finlly have the time, having trouble getting the info again.

    So anyone here know of such a site?

    Yes yes, I tried google with the same key words I used before and variatons,
    but I keep coming with the the sites that offer turn-key solutions where you
    just merely buy their service and slap your own label on it.

    Thanks

    GB

    GeekBoy, Jul 18, 2007

  2. GeekBoy

    Hongtian Guest

    Hongtian, Jul 20, 2007

  3. GeekBoy

    GeekBoy Guest

    "Hongtian" <> wrote in message
    > Please refer to http://www.myvoipapp.com/docs/manual.htm

    Thank you for that link.
    While it does have valuable information that I can and will use, I still
    need to larger picture about the whole VOIP service, including call
    terminaton, obtaining numbers, getting on other systems inlcuding landlines,
    cell carriers, and foreign exhanges.

    Just eveything possible.

    Thanks again.

    GB

    GeekBoy, Jul 20, 2007
  4. GeekBoy

    GeekBoy Guest

    GeekBoy, Jul 20, 2007
  5. GeekBoy

    LVMarc Guest

    USER GUIDE FOR A VOIP -PSTN BACK-UP PLAN was Re: Guide to settingup your own VOIP service?

    GeekBoy wrote:
    > "Hongtian" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Please refer to http://www.myvoipapp.com/docs/manual.htm
    >>

    > Guess I should have been clearer.
    >
    > I meant steup to be a VOIP service provider.

    here an important consideration when implementing a voip and pstn
    servcie and back-up planning!

    Users of VOIP may want to consider back-up provisions to their service.
    A user guide suggest what can go wrong and how to have a back=up plan
    and lifeline in cases of VOIP in-operation.

    link to guide

    http://reviews.ebay.com/Considerati...-Service-with-VOIP_W0QQugidZ10000000003684514

    Marco

    LVMarc, Jul 20, 2007
  6. GeekBoy

    GeekBoy Guest

    Re: USER GUIDE FOR A VOIP -PSTN BACK-UP PLAN was Re: Guide to setting up your own VOIP service?

    "LVMarc" <> wrote in message
    > GeekBoy wrote:
    >> "Hongtian" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Please refer to http://www.myvoipapp.com/docs/manual.htm
    >>>

    >> Guess I should have been clearer.
    >>
    >> I meant steup to be a VOIP service provider.
    >>

    > here an important consideration when implementing a voip and pstn servcie
    > and back-up planning!
    >
    > Users of VOIP may want to consider back-up provisions to their service. A
    > user guide suggest what can go wrong and how to have a back=up plan and
    > lifeline in cases of VOIP in-operation.

    Actually I am trying to be a PROVIDER of VOIP, not user.
    Thanks anyway

    GeekBoy, Jul 20, 2007
  7. GeekBoy

    LVMarc Guest

    GeekBoy wrote:
    > "LVMarc" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>GeekBoy wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Hongtian" <> wrote in message

    >>>Guess I should have been clearer.
    >>>
    >>>I meant steup to be a VOIP service provider.
    >>>

    >>here an important consideration when implementing a voip and pstn servcie
    >>and back-up planning!
    >>
    >>Users of VOIP may want to consider back-up provisions to their service. A
    >>user guide suggest what can go wrong and how to have a back=up plan and
    >>lifeline in cases of VOIP in-operation.
    >>

    > Actually I am trying to be a PROVIDER of VOIP, not user.
    > Thanks anyway
    >

    >>link to guide
    >>
    >>http://reviews.ebay.com/Considerati...-Service-with-VOIP_W0QQugidZ10000000003684514
    >>
    >>Marco

    Its OK this is agreat guide for users, proviers and equipment makes!
    Marc

    LVMarc, Jul 22, 2007
  8. GeekBoy

    "LVMarc" <> wrote in message
    > GeekBoy wrote:
    >> "LVMarc" <> wrote in message

    >>>here an important consideration when implementing a voip and pstn servcie
    >>>and back-up planning!
    >>>
    >>>Users of VOIP may want to consider back-up provisions to their service. A
    >>>user guide suggest what can go wrong and how to have a back=up plan and
    >>>lifeline in cases of VOIP in-operation.
    >>>

    >> Actually I am trying to be a PROVIDER of VOIP, not user.
    >> Thanks anyway
    >>

    >>>link to guide
    >>>

    >>>Marco

    > Its OK this is agreat guide for users, proviers and equipment makes!

    Not if it has NOTHING to do with the subject matter.

    GeekBoy, Jul 23, 2007
  9. GeekBoy

    LVMarc Guest

    http://reviews.ebay.com/Billions-en...wered-VOIP-adapter_W0QQugidZ10000000003599864

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MESE:IT&viewitem=&item=300111295431&rd=1&rd=1

    > a video of the operation of the Combine-a-line- (non usb) adapter is

    here....

    www.fwt.niat.net
    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=LVMarc

    LVMarc, Aug 7, 2007