Guide-how to choose the most satisfactory software to convert DVD to your mobile devices

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by bobo, Aug 7, 2006.

  1. bobo

    bobo Guest

    In the last few days, in order to choose some nice software to convert
    DVD movies to my palm, I find so much information about it in the
    Internet that I can not decide which software I should choose at last.
    Maybe there are many persons who have the same problem like me, I
    think. In order to give some useful references, I especially chose
    seven programs which have the functions I need and made some contrasts
    about them. Now I decide to write some words about them, hoping that it
    will help you a lot.

    First, let us know the points we should take into consideration in
    choosing the satisfactory software which can rip DVD video to our
    mobile devices, such as Pocket PC, smart Phones and Palms, etc.
    1. Cost/Performance: We all want to gain more with less money.
    2. Conversion Quality: We all want to convert DVD to our Pocket PC,
    smart Phones and Palms, then we can have fun when we are moving, so the
    output quality should be considered seriously. Only if the output has
    high quality, can we get more pleasure.

    3. Conversion Speed: Converting DVD often takes time, so if we have
    multiple DVDs to be converted, a high speed converter would be more
    important.
    4. Easy to Use: Maybe we all like to use an application with simple
    interface and steps. 5. Personal Demands: For example,
    someone just wants to convert part of the DVD video, someone wants to
    add some captions, etc

    Second, let me introduce the seven programs to you. And the specific
    comparison in the performance of those programs is in the following
    table
    1 Wondershare Pocket DVD Studio
    The software can easily and quickly create DVD videos for playback on
    Pocket PC, Palms and Smart Phones with great image and sound quality.
    Integrated support for batch converting will minimize the routine. You
    can convert entire movie, or just one or several chapters, Pocket DVD
    Studio will help you convert them one by one automatically. With a
    variety of custom settings, Pocket DVD Studio lets you choose the
    highest video quality suited to your pocket device type. You can
    adjustable bitrate, video size, Resolution, etc. You can preview the
    movies before you rip them. You can also watch the movies at the same
    time when you are converting. It has the simple and user-friendly
    interface, and you can start converting in just three steps. And you
    can get more details from the following table. Generally speaking, this
    software is the best in these seven programs and I chose it at last. If
    the conversion can speed up a little more, it would be perfect.
    However, it's quite worthy of my 29.95 dollars. By the way, Wondershare
    Pocket DVD Studio is nominated as Annual Best Software 2006 by
    Smartphone & Pocket PC magazine. Smartphone & Pocket PC magazine’s
    Annual Best Software Awards helps users select software that best suit
    their Windows Mobile Pocket PC and Smartphone needs by honoring
    companies that produce outstanding software.
    Price: $29.95

    2 CarryDVD
    The software supports DVD to MP4, MOV, MJPEG, AMR 3GP, PPC OR
    Smartphone file format. It can extract audio from music or comedy
    videos, change aspect ratio, apply pre-set clipping, capture From TV or
    Camera (requires hardware), cut out with one easy click parts from the
    beginning and the end you do not want. Also, you can quickly preview to
    see how the video turns out, copy directly to the device for PocketPC,
    Windows Mobile, Smartphone. And it supports for sub-titles in any
    language available on DVD. Also, you can Limit play time to fit the
    size you want. As to some details, you can get them from the following
    table. The software sounds good, but after I used it, I found it was
    not worth of the name. The interface is very ugly and very
    rough-and-tumble.
    Price: $29.99

    3 Pocket DVD Studio
    The software supports video files (wmv, avi, mpg, mpeg, rm, rmvb,
    Tivo2go, dvr-ms, mov, etc) and DVDs into portable format (wmv, avi).
    Better quality with blazing fast speed. It incorporates the world's
    fastest recording technique and provides better video quality. And it
    works for all DVD titles including those titles on which other products
    will fail or have audio problems (e.g. audio cut-out every a few
    seconds is quite common when using other DVD ripper).And it supports
    smooth aspect ratio control and cropping in both preview and recording
    mode. Also, it can remove movie black bars completely (works for all
    DVD and existing media files). And the software allows you to change
    codec, various audio, video, DVD setting, increase brightness and audio
    volume, split video file to fit on several memory cards, etc. All these
    are easy to use and easy to test. A beginner can get started easily and
    become an expert soon with the help of an intuitive, friendly user
    interface. Generally speaking, the software is better than most of the
    seven programs. But the switch between batch dealing and alone dealing
    is discommodious.
    Price: $34.95

    4 Xilisoft DVD to Pocket PC Ripper
    The software supports DVD to WMVã€WMA, can check the CPU type and
    choose the best conversion way automatically. And you can see the all
    process in preview window; choose the start and last conversion time.
    Also, you can choose the result file’ size, add the caption and
    background music. Output parameters are all adjustable. It's suitable
    for veterans as well. All encoders and decoders are built-in. It also
    supports ripping DVD by custom file size. Also, you can choose the
    interface you like and its interfaces are all beautiful. But there is
    not a good guide for the new users, so it is not easy to use for them,
    especially for someone who has poor computer knowledge.
    Price: $29

    5 ImTOO DVD to Pocket PC Ripper
    The software is very similar to the forth one. It supports DVD to
    WMVã€WMA, can check the CPU type and choose the best conversion way
    automatically. And you can see the all process in preview window;
    choose the start and last conversion time. Also, you can choose the
    result file’ size, add the caption and background music. Output
    parameters are all adjustable. It's suitable for veterans as well. All
    encoders and decoders are built-in. It also supports ripping DVD by
    custom file size. Also, you can choose the interface you like and its
    interfaces are all beautiful. But there is not a good guide for the new
    users, so it is not easy to use for them, especially for someone who
    has poor computer knowledge.
    Price: $29

    6 DVD to Pocket PC
    The software supports home movies, DVDs and TV to your Pocket PC
    format. You can choose the output files’ size. Also, you can set some
    video and audio parameters. And the software has a very fast conversion
    speed. The interface of the software is very simple, anyone can use it
    easily. But it only has a few functions and only can set a few
    parameters of video and audio. And it is a little expensive.
    Price: $ 32.95

    7 PocketDVDWizard
    The Pocket DVD Wizard supports DVDs, Mpeg, Avi and DivX video to Pocket
    PC, Palm,PSP,iPod Video and more! It is very easy to use. It can works
    on any PC that can play DVDs using Windows Media Player. You can fit
    over 90 minutes of DVD video on a single 128mb memory card. Store 4+
    movies on a 512mb memory card, 8+ movies on a 1 GB memory card. 'Black
    bars' on the top and bottom of the picture can be removed from
    widescreen recordings. You can record multiple episodes to separate
    files without additional user interaction and enhance the video
    brightness for small device screens and extend valuable battery life.
    You can select high quality, balanced output or high speed - you make
    the choice. You can select alternate languages and subtitles. But when
    I used it, I knew it was not as good as it was said.
    Price: $28.95

    Third, let me make some summaries about the words above and give some
    suggestions for your reference. Though I am not an expert, I really
    hope you can get some useful ideas from my words.
    Summary and suggestion
    1) If you care about the Cost/Performance, Wondershare Pocket DVD
    Studio would be your most satisfactory choice. It supports most mobile
    devices with an acceptable output quality.
    2) If you care about Conversion Quality. Pocket DVD Studio would be
    your most satisfactory choices. Its professional parameter settings may
    ensure you an excellence result.
    3) If you care about Conversion Speed. DVD to Pocket PC would be your
    most satisfactory choices. Its New Cyberspeed technology ensured 350%
    faster DVD conversions.
    4) If you have multiple DVDs to be converted, or you just want to
    convert partial of the DVD. You can choose Wondershare Pocket DVD
    Studio, Xilisoft DVD to Pocket PC Ripper or ImTOO DVD to Pocket PC
    Ripper.
    5) If you are Chinese or Japanese, Wondershare Pocket DVD Studio or
    ImTOO DVD to Pocket PC Ripper would be your best choice.
    6) If you have poor knowledge in computer. You can choose Wondershare
    Pocket DVD Studio, DVD to Pocket PC or PocketDVDWizard, because they
    are very easy for you to use with their particular user guide.
    bobo, Aug 7, 2006