    I look forward to your feedback.
    Regards,
    Michael Wingert

    =?Utf-8?B?bWlja3lqdHdpbg==?=, Dec 8, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?bWlja3lqdHdpbg==?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    "mickyjtwin" <> wrote in message
    news:D...
    >I have my Bsc. in Computing (Computer Science/Software Development)
    >graduated
    > in 2002, and at present, am involved in an upstart business. I have
    > created
    > and maintained the website(including client portal application in ASP). I
    > maintain the small(3) computer network within our facility. I know that we
    > are going to grow, and I want my education to grow with it. My short term
    > immediate goal is to upgrade our website to ASP.NET 2.0. I am in the
    > process
    > of learning, and implementing this. I also want to start the learning
    > process
    > for setting up a server(i.e. creating a 'proper' network that can grow
    > with
    > us). I have never used windows server. I am looking for advice on which
    > certification to obtain, whether it be to start with
    > MCSE(70-290,70-291,70-293,70-294), or to look into MCPD.
    > I look forward to your feedback.
    > Regards,
    > Michael Wingert

    You have a BSC in software development, and you're considering pursuing an
    MCSE? Why?

    Just because Consultant makes the big bucks doesn't mean that everyone who
    pursues MCSE will. If you actually can write code, you need to look into
    MCSD, or more specifically start with MCAD. I have no idea where you got
    "MCPD" from. Isn't that the Microsoft College Police Department?

    Frisbee®, Dec 8, 2005

  3. "Frisbee®" wrote:

    > "mickyjtwin" <> wrote in message
    > >I have my Bsc. in Computing (Computer Science/Software Development)
    > >graduated
    > > in 2002, and at present, am involved in an upstart business. I have
    > > created
    > > and maintained the website(including client portal application in ASP). I
    > > maintain the small(3) computer network within our facility. I know that we
    > > are going to grow, and I want my education to grow with it. My short term
    > > immediate goal is to upgrade our website to ASP.NET 2.0. I am in the
    > > process
    > > of learning, and implementing this. I also want to start the learning
    > > process
    > > for setting up a server(i.e. creating a 'proper' network that can grow
    > > with
    > > us). I have never used windows server. I am looking for advice on which
    > > certification to obtain, whether it be to start with
    > > MCSE(70-290,70-291,70-293,70-294), or to look into MCPD.
    > > I look forward to your feedback.
    > > Regards,
    > > Michael Wingert

    > You have a BSC in software development, and you're considering pursuing an
    > MCSE? Why?
    >
    > Just because Consultant makes the big bucks doesn't mean that everyone who
    > pursues MCSE will. If you actually can write code, you need to look into
    > MCSD, or more specifically start with MCAD. I have no idea where you got
    > "MCPD" from. Isn't that the Microsoft College Police Department?

    The only reason I am curious about the MCSE, is that I know when our
    business grows, we will need to have a server etc, and I will be the one to
    implement that.

    However, my focus at this present time, is definately on web
    design/development.
    I don't think I would be advanced enough to partake in MCSD, and yes, MCAD
    does sound more to what I'm attuned to. It says that the MCAD is for Visual
    Studio.NET, however I am currently learning ASP.NET 2.0. Should I invest in a
    Visual Studio.NET book, or get the self-paced training kits 70-310, 70-320.
    As you can tell, I'm very new to the whole Certification process, and still
    researching, I thought it would be a better idea to get other opinions
    instead of my own.

    Thanks,
    Michael Wingert

    =?Utf-8?B?bWlja3lqdHdpbg==?=, Dec 8, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?bWlja3lqdHdpbg==?=

    > "Frisbee®" wrote:
    >
    >> "mickyjtwin" <> wrote in message
    >> >I have my Bsc. in Computing (Computer Science/Software Development)
    >> >graduated
    >> > in 2002, and at present, am involved in an upstart business. I have
    >> > created
    >> > and maintained the website(including client portal application in ASP).
    >> > maintain the small(3) computer network within our facility. I know that
    >> > we
    >> > are going to grow, and I want my education to grow with it. My short
    >> > term
    >> > immediate goal is to upgrade our website to ASP.NET 2.0. I am in the
    >> > process
    >> > of learning, and implementing this. I also want to start the learning
    >> > process
    >> > for setting up a server(i.e. creating a 'proper' network that can grow
    >> > with
    >> > us). I have never used windows server. I am looking for advice on which
    >> > certification to obtain, whether it be to start with
    >> > MCSE(70-290,70-291,70-293,70-294), or to look into MCPD.
    >> > I look forward to your feedback.
    >> > Regards,
    >> > Michael Wingert

    >> You have a BSC in software development, and you're considering pursuing
    >> an
    >> MCSE? Why?
    >>
    >> Just because Consultant makes the big bucks doesn't mean that everyone
    >> who
    >> pursues MCSE will. If you actually can write code, you need to look into
    >> MCSD, or more specifically start with MCAD. I have no idea where you got
    >> "MCPD" from. Isn't that the Microsoft College Police Department?
    >>

    > The only reason I am curious about the MCSE, is that I know when our
    > business grows, we will need to have a server etc, and I will be the one
    > implement that.
    >
    > However, my focus at this present time, is definately on web
    > design/development.
    > I don't think I would be advanced enough to partake in MCSD, and yes, MCAD
    > does sound more to what I'm attuned to. It says that the MCAD is for
    > Visual
    > Studio.NET, however I am currently learning ASP.NET 2.0. Should I invest
    > in a
    > Visual Studio.NET book, or get the self-paced training kits 70-310,
    > 70-320.
    > As you can tell, I'm very new to the whole Certification process, and
    > still
    > researching, I thought it would be a better idea to get other opinions
    > instead of my own.

    Start by posting an inquiry in the MCAD newsgroup. While I am a software
    developer, I'm not currently or actively seeking certification in that
    field. You might find the best suggestions for what books to read, and how
    to study for those exams in that group. Why would a software developer
    (like me) post mostly in this group? Programmers are boring, I come here
    for the show.

    --
    Fris "Let us entertain you" bee®, MCNGP #13

    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!

    http://www.mcngp.com

    Frisbee®, Dec 8, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?bWlja3lqdHdpbg==?=

    Neil Guest

    Neil, Dec 8, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?bWlja3lqdHdpbg==?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "=?Utf-8?B?bWlja3lqdHdpbg==?="
    <> say in news:AD168821-BF5B-4D14-
    :

    > It says that the MCAD is for Visual
    > Studio.NET, however I am currently learning ASP.NET 2.0.

    MCPD or MCTS: .Net Framework might be the way to go but it does spend
    time with the full blown apps. Try one of the Skills assessments at:

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcts/webapps/

    it says on teh page:
    "Microsoft Skills Assessments for Visual Studio 2005 and Microsoft
    ASP.NET 2.0 help developers to focus their exam preparation training and
    to find learning resources so that they can upgrade from Visual Studio
    ..NET and ASP.NET 1.0 or ASP.NET 1.1."

    so that might be worth a shot (since its usually free).

    that being said, this bunch is more of the admin side and since these
    certs are new you might want some advice from teh MCSD cert group.

    good luck...

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - Life is hard. It's even harder if you are stupid.

    Neil, Dec 8, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?bWlja3lqdHdpbg==?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >Programmers are boring

    thanks buddy.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Dec 8, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?bWlja3lqdHdpbg==?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    "Kline Sphere" <.@> wrote in message
    > >Programmers are boring

    > thanks buddy.

    Dewd... you and I and a handful of NON-BORING programmers donut hang out
    there, we hang out here. See my point?

    Frisbee®, Dec 8, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?bWlja3lqdHdpbg==?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >The only reason I am curious about the MCSE, is that I know when our
    >business grows, we will need to have a server etc, and I will be the one to
    >implement that.
    >
    >However, my focus at this present time, is definately on web
    >design/development.
    >I don't think I would be advanced enough to partake in MCSD, and yes, MCAD
    >does sound more to what I'm attuned to. It says that the MCAD is for Visual
    >Studio.NET, however I am currently learning ASP.NET 2.0. Should I invest in a
    >Visual Studio.NET book, or get the self-paced training kits 70-310, 70-320.
    >As you can tell, I'm very new to the whole Certification process, and still
    >researching, I thought it would be a better idea to get other opinions
    >instead of my own.

    It's surprising just how much information is freely available on the
    msdn and tech net sites, especially when used in conjunction with the
    exam prep guides.

    For books, my own advice would be to avoid self-paced training kits.
    In the past I've found them to be quite poor when compared to other
    books which cover the actual product/tool/technolgie. Wrox tend to be
    very good as do ms press (most of the time). Check amazon and/or barns
    nobel for the reviews.

    btw, you'll find that both the 70-310 & 70-320 exams are very much the
    same (stupid I know), so don't waste your money on training kits for
    both.

    Finally, please don't use braindumps and do plenty of research
    instead.

    Good luck

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Dec 8, 2005
  10. =?Utf-8?B?bWlja3lqdHdpbg==?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear Kline Sphere <.@> say in

    > Good luck

    WTF!?!?! Kline being helpful _AND_ polite?

    ....it's the end of the world as we know it...

    ....and I feel fine....

    ps. if you're interested in free:

    https://www.microsoftelearning.com/catalog/ITProDev.aspx#visualStudio

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - I would kill everyone in this room for a drop of sweet beer. --Homer
    Simpson

    Neil, Dec 8, 2005
  11. =?Utf-8?B?bWlja3lqdHdpbg==?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >WTF!?!?! Kline being helpful _AND_ polite?

    I'm checking now, my bet it's an imposter or Rowdy.....

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Dec 8, 2005
  12. =?Utf-8?B?bWlja3lqdHdpbg==?=

    > my bet it's an imposter or Rowdy.....

    then he spoffed your headers really well....

    it's ok, everybody slips up from time to time...

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - "I can't believe you cut off all my hair!" she said, distressed.

    Neil, Dec 8, 2005
  13. =?Utf-8?B?bWlja3lqdHdpbg==?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >> my bet it's an imposter or Rowdy.....
    >
    >then he spoffed your headers really well....

    Rowdy's a real clever dude you know!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Dec 8, 2005
  14. =?Utf-8?B?bWlja3lqdHdpbg==?=

    >>> my bet it's an imposter or Rowdy.....

    >>then he spoffed your headers really well....

    > Rowdy's a real clever dude you know!

    what's the name of that river in Egypt?

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - At least egotists don't talk about other people, too.

    Neil, Dec 8, 2005
  15. =?Utf-8?B?bWlja3lqdHdpbg==?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >what's the name of that river in Egypt?

    they have rivers in egypt. get away....

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Dec 8, 2005
  16. =?Utf-8?B?bWlja3lqdHdpbg==?=

    Briscobar Guest

    Neil <guess!!!@gmail.com> rambled:

    > did you hear Kline Sphere <.@> say in

    >>> then he spoffed your headers really well....

    >> Rowdy's a real clever dude you know!
    >>

    > what's the name of that river in Egypt?

    Suez Canal?

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    To the window! To the wall! Till the sweat drop down my
    www.mcngp.com....

    Briscobar, Dec 8, 2005
  17. =?Utf-8?B?bWlja3lqdHdpbg==?=

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Briscobar spewed across the ether:

    >> what's the name of that river in Egypt?

    > Suez Canal?

    Sorry to be a bit of a pedant here, but the Suez is not technically a
    river.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 10110

    JaR, Dec 8, 2005
  18. =?Utf-8?B?bWlja3lqdHdpbg==?=

    kpg Guest

    Frisbee® <> said something like

    > # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\180949.htm (12/8/2005
    > 1:16:20 PM) # "Kline Sphere" <.@> wrote in message
    >> >Programmers are boring

    >> thanks buddy.

    > Dewd... you and I and a handful of NON-BORING programmers donut hang
    > out there, we hang out here. See my point?

    I'm bored.

    kpg, Dec 8, 2005
  19. =?Utf-8?B?bWlja3lqdHdpbg==?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear JaR <> say in

    > In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Briscobar spewed across the ether:
    >

    >>> what's the name of that river in Egypt?

    >> Suez Canal?

    > Sorry to be a bit of a pedant here, but the Suez is not technically a
    > river.

    Birkat Qarun? no wait, that's a lake...

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - Warning! COLDBEER.CAN found, programmer probably loaded.

    Neil, Dec 8, 2005
  20. =?Utf-8?B?bWlja3lqdHdpbg==?=

    Briscobar Guest

    JaR <> rambled:

    > In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Briscobar spewed across the ether:
    >

    >>> what's the name of that river in Egypt?

    >> Suez Canal?

    > Sorry to be a bit of a pedant here, but the Suez is not technically a
    > river.

    It's a man-made river! Are you telling me the water in the Suez canal does
    not flow at all? Is that what you're saying?

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    www.mcngp.com spits rhymes like a mofo.