    line 17

    does this mean i should find a different guestbook host, and can anyone
    recommend one please?

    jils, Jul 4, 2009

  2. jils

    Jan B Guest

    Go to http://www.guestbookworld.com/contact_us.htm for your questions and
    then to http://www.guestbookworld.com/tos.htm for signing up.

    Jan B, Jul 4, 2009

  3. jils

    chuckcar Guest

    jils <> wrote in

    > can anyone translate the error message that i get when trying to access
    > www.guestbookworld.com?
    >
    > Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING,
    > expecting ',' or ';' in
    > /hsphere/local/home/wright31/guestbookworld.com/guestbook/index.php on
    > line 17
    >
    > does this mean i should find a different guestbook host, and can anyone
    > recommend one please?

    Quite simply bad code done by them. The browser you use may not work
    properly on their site. Try IE if you're not using it.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Jul 4, 2009
  4. chuckcar wrote:

    > jils <> wrote:
    >> can anyone translate the error message that i get when trying to access
    >> www.guestbookworld.com?
    >>
    >> Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING,
    >> expecting ',' or ';' in
    >> /hsphere/local/home/wright31/guestbookworld.com/guestbook/index.php on
    >> line 17

    From the path name, it appears the real URL is:
    http://www.guestbookworld.com/guestbook/index.php

    The author forgot to close a command. Simple to fix. Notify them about
    it, as already suggested.

    >> does this mean i should find a different guestbook host, and can
    >> anyone recommend one please?

    > Quite simply bad code done by them. The browser you use may not work
    > properly on their site. Try IE if you're not using it.

    Changing browsers is *not* going to fix a server-side coding problem.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 4, 2009
  5. jils

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 4 Jul 2009 13:17:35 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    wrote:

    >Quite simply bad code done by them.

    You're correct....

    >The browser you use may not work properly on their site. Try IE if you're not using it.

    And.. Didn't last long. Missed the mark completely on that one.

    Evan Platt, Jul 4, 2009