    I'd be very grateful.

    Thanks

    gb

    gb, Apr 4, 2004

  2. gb

    DT Guest

    , Once upon a time in a land far away gb was alleged to have said:

    > Hello
    >
    > I am developing my first ever website (about time, I know!) I have got to
    > the stage of adding on a guestbook.
    >
    > My own ISP (BT) has instructions on how to do this, but, expectantly enough,
    > it doesn't appear to work. Even their supposedly working example doesn't
    > work either, generating the same error. This is the page I have been
    > attempting to copy:
    > http://www.btopenworld.com/create/webpage/guestbook/0,6668,,00.html
    >
    > In consideration of this, would any of you guys be able to provide the name
    > of a website that demonstrates a simple way of constructing a guestbook?
    > I'd be very grateful.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > gb

    It actually does work...at least the example does. I think you skipped
    over this part of the instructions:

    > What happens to information saved in the Guestbook?
    >
    > When a visitor to your site clicks the Submit button on the Guestbook form,

    a new entry is appended to the selected Guestbook. Information is
    stored in

    your home page directory (pub) in an HTML page called guestbookfilen.html

    (where n is a number between 1 and 5, corresponding to the Guestbook you
    have

    chosen). You can link to this file if you want others to see comments
    in your

    Guestbook, or edit this file in terms of its layout or to delete
    unwanted entries.

    --
    RUDE BABIES & LITTLE PUSSY SPORTSWEAR

    Funny shirts for babies & their moms
    http://www.cafeshops.com/rudebabies

    DT, Apr 4, 2004

  3. gb

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 16:33:49 +0000 (UTC), gb wrote:

    >Hello
    >
    >I am developing my first ever website (about time, I know!) I have got to
    >the stage of adding on a guestbook.
    >
    >My own ISP (BT) has instructions on how to do this, but, expectantly enough,
    >it doesn't appear to work. Even their supposedly working example doesn't

    It does work, added some entries and got this back -
    Thanks! We've added your comments. Thanks!

    >work either, generating the same error. This is the page I have been

    Error is?

    >attempting to copy:
    >http://www.btopenworld.com/create/webpage/guestbook/0,6668,,00.html
    >
    >In consideration of this, would any of you guys be able to provide the name
    >of a website that demonstrates a simple way of constructing a guestbook?
    >I'd be very grateful.

    There are many depending on what features your server has cgi, php, asp
    , perl or many other types of script.

    Me

    why?, Apr 4, 2004
  4. gb

    gb Guest

    Hi DT

    I'm grateful for your response, but I'm afraid I've wasted your time, sorry!

    As you say, it does in fact work. I viewed it from a networked PC and
    everything worked properly.

    Thanks and sorry again!

    gb

    gb, Apr 4, 2004