Guest network asks for proxy login & password -- Why?

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Mike Webb, Sep 10, 2007.

  1. Mike Webb

    Mike Webb Guest

    Network is MS Small Business Server 2003 Premium, with ISA 2004 SP2 as the
    firewall. internal NIC runs through a D-Link DES-3828 L2/L3 managed switch,
    where I've setup 3 VLAN's - default, LAN and Guest. AP's are D-Link
    DWL-2200AP's. I have a single AP working now while I troubleshoot the
    others. This one is wired to the switch on Port 5; internal NIC is on Port
    2. The AP has MSSID's and VLAN's enabled. Primary SSID has WPA2-Personal
    authentication set, and is tied to VLAN 2 (which allows LAN access by tagged
    ports on 2 and 5 and all otgher ports enabled). The other SSID is for Guests
    and does NOT have authentication set., and is tied to VLAN 3 (which has
    ports 2 and 5 tagged and all others set to Forbidden).

    Problem: Guests using IE7 or Mozilla's Firefox are prompted by a login
    window on access a webpage; this is for the proxy. They shouldn't be
    prompted, so why would this be happening?

    --
    Mike Webb
    Platte River Whooping Crane Maintenance Trust, Inc.

    Mike Webb, Sep 10, 2007