    No clues here ... you'll have to follow the link (the full URL would
    give it away! :)

    Adam.
    Adam, Mar 9, 2006

  2. Adam

    Daniel Guest

    Adam wrote:
    > Apart from planning/developing orbital mind control, guess who wants
    > to *BUY* NZ (and why??) ... as part of their cunning world-domination
    > plan.
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/pw5ll
    >
    > No clues here ... you'll have to follow the link (the full URL would
    > give it away! :)
    >
    > Adam.

    You realise people can still preview the real URL anyway without
    actually going to the site.
    Daniel, Mar 9, 2006

  3. Adam

    Alan Guest

    "Daniel" <> wrote in message
    > Adam wrote:
    >> Apart from planning/developing orbital mind control, guess who
    >> wants
    >> to *BUY* NZ (and why??) ... as part of their cunning
    >> world-domination
    >> plan.
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/pw5ll
    >>
    >> No clues here ... you'll have to follow the link (the full URL
    >> would
    >> give it away! :)
    >>
    >> Adam.

    > You realise people can still preview the real URL anyway without
    > actually going to the site.

    How?

    I never click on tinyurls (etc) since I cannot tell where they might
    take me.

    If I post a link, I usually post the full link and a tinyurl too (for
    those that prefer it and also in case TinyURL goes out of business).

    Alan.

    else associated with me.

    My current valid email address is:

    email address.

    ewygchvboocno43vb674b6nq46tvb
    Alan, Mar 9, 2006
  4. Adam

    Adam Guest

    On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 14:49:27 +1300, Daniel wrote:

    >Adam wrote:
    >> Apart from planning/developing orbital mind control, guess who wants
    >> to *BUY* NZ (and why??) ... as part of their cunning world-domination
    >> plan.
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/pw5ll
    >>
    >> No clues here ... you'll have to follow the link (the full URL would
    >> give it away! :)
    >>
    >> Adam.

    >You realise people can still preview the real URL anyway without
    >actually going to the site.

    Oooerr, missus ... I can't seem to do it in Agent. What happens in
    other readers? I tend to use Tinyurl not so much to hide things but to
    prevent long URLs being wrapped. In this case, I thought it'd spoil
    the fun!

    Adam.
    Adam, Mar 9, 2006
  5. Adam

    Daniel Guest

    Adam wrote:

    >>You realise people can still preview the real URL anyway without
    >>actually going to the site.

    > Oooerr, missus ... I can't seem to do it in Agent. What happens in
    > other readers? I tend to use Tinyurl not so much to hide things but to
    > prevent long URLs being wrapped. In this case, I thought it'd spoil
    > the fun!

    Fair enough.

    It's something worth knowing about for previewing possibly dodgy URLs
    (not saying yours was one - but, you get the idea).

    It's just a cookie set in the web browser to enable previewing before
    being redirected to the site:-
    http://tinyurl.com/preview.php
    Daniel, Mar 9, 2006
  6. Adam

    Daniel Guest

    Daniel, Mar 9, 2006
  7. Adam

    Peter Guest

    Adam wrote:

    > Apart from planning/developing orbital mind control, guess who wants
    > to *BUY* NZ (and why??) ... as part of their cunning world-domination
    > plan.
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/pw5ll
    >
    > No clues here ... you'll have to follow the link (the full URL would
    > give it away! :)

    I thought it would be Billy boy - his company has a spare 50 billion
    sloshing around.
    Peter, Mar 9, 2006
  8. Adam

    Adam Guest

    On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 18:16:07 +1300, Daniel wrote:

    >Alan wrote:
    >>>
    >>>You realise people can still preview the real URL anyway without
    >>>actually going to the site.
    >>>

    >> How?

    >http://tinyurl.com/preview.php

    I thought it could be previewed somehow in the newsreader - this
    function just intercepts the URL in your browser.

    Thanks for that! :)

    Adam.
    Adam, Mar 9, 2006
  9. Adam

    BrianM Guest

    On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 11:19:41 +1000, Adam wrote:

    > Apart from planning/developing orbital mind control, guess who wants to
    > *BUY* NZ (and why??) ... as part of their cunning world-domination plan.
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/pw5ll
    >
    > No clues here ... you'll have to follow the link (the full URL would
    > give it away! :)
    >
    > Adam.

    Whew, that's a relief - for a moment there I thought it might have
    been Cuba.

    cheers
    BrianM
    BrianM, Mar 9, 2006
  10. Adam

    Adam Guest

    On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 08:59:09 GMT, BrianM wrote:

    >On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 11:19:41 +1000, Adam wrote:
    >
    >> Apart from planning/developing orbital mind control, guess who wants to
    >> *BUY* NZ (and why??) ... as part of their cunning world-domination plan.
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/pw5ll
    >>
    >> No clues here ... you'll have to follow the link (the full URL would
    >> give it away! :)
    >>
    >> Adam.

    >Whew, that's a relief - for a moment there I thought it might have
    >been Cuba.

    Close ... but no cigar!

    Aaaarrrgh ... sorry about that!

    Adam.
    Adam, Mar 9, 2006
  11. Adam

    Mutlley Guest

    "Alan" <> wrote:

    >"Daniel" <> wrote in message
    >> Adam wrote:
    >>> Apart from planning/developing orbital mind control, guess who
    >>> wants
    >>> to *BUY* NZ (and why??) ... as part of their cunning
    >>> world-domination
    >>> plan.
    >>>
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/pw5ll
    >>>
    >>> No clues here ... you'll have to follow the link (the full URL
    >>> would
    >>> give it away! :)
    >>>
    >>> Adam.

    >> You realise people can still preview the real URL anyway without
    >> actually going to the site.
    >>

    >How?
    >
    >I never click on tinyurls (etc) since I cannot tell where they might
    >take me.
    >
    >If I post a link, I usually post the full link and a tinyurl too (for
    >those that prefer it and also in case TinyURL goes out of business).
    >
    >Alan.

    And of course you realize that un news groups full link don't always
    work hence tiny URL..
    Mutlley, Mar 9, 2006
  12. Adam

    Alan Guest

    "Mutlley" <> wrote in message
    > "Alan" <> wrote:
    >

    >>"Daniel" <> wrote in message

    >>> You realise people can still preview the real URL anyway without
    >>> actually going to the site.
    >>>

    >>How?
    >>
    >>I never click on tinyurls (etc) since I cannot tell where they might
    >>take me.
    >>
    >>If I post a link, I usually post the full link and a tinyurl too
    >>(for
    >>those that prefer it and also in case TinyURL goes out of business).
    >>
    >>Alan.

    > And of course you realize that un news groups full link don't always
    > work hence tiny URL..

    Hi Mutlley,

    If you are having trouble it is probably due to your links wrapping
    when you post to a text based newsgroup.

    There isn't really a simple way around that (that I know of), which is
    why I mentioned above that I always post both the full and TinyURL
    versions to give people the choice and a visual reference to where it
    goes.

    Someone else may have a better solution of course!

    Alan, Mar 9, 2006