    Can you guess my location right now? It's somewhere in the USA. Kind of like finding a needle in the haystack. My feet are firmly on the ground, not in outer space. All the clues are there for you to figure out where I am. The first person to figure out the city I am in right now will be the winner, and the winner gets a small token gift once I am home and able to send it out. The answer must be posted before I leave this place, which is tomorrow (Wednesday, 08-17-05) at 0800. My method of travel will be a ferry ride.
    Good luck. Only one guess at the city per user is allowed, and no edited postings will be accepted. I will check in again before I leave (if I am able), but definately within the next few days.
    :wave: :beer: :wave:

    bigal, Aug 17, 2005

  2. bigal

    Technoholic

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    185
    umm.. San Francisco?

    Technoholic, Aug 17, 2005

  3. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    Missisipi River?
    I don't know, i hardly know any places in USA :p, i know, your going on a Biking trip :D, or not.... you taking a ride in Eriks Beefied invisible car i have not yet seen :D
    I don't think the Clue is very obivious... "Ferry ride"?

    unholy, Aug 17, 2005
  4. bigal

    Bio-Hazard

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    188
    Location:
    Back Woods of MO
    Lots and lots of places around here that you can go with a Ferry..........;)

    Bio-Hazard, Aug 17, 2005
  5. bigal

    PUTALE

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    220
    NYC, going to the coney island

    PUTALE, Aug 17, 2005
  6. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Good guesses, but nobody figured it out!

    Well gentlemen (and I use that term loosely), I was in Seattle, Washington (USA). The needle and space clues were for the "Space Needle", and the ferry ride is something we took this morning while enroute to Victoria, on Vancouver Island in Canada. Technoholic was probably the closest guesser, but his guess was incorrect.
    [​IMG]
    We are now in a Bed and Breakfast Inn called the Abbeymoore Manor (www.abbeymoore.com), a beautiful place to spend a few days while seeing the sights of Victoria. Has anybody heard of the Butchart Gardens in Victoria? Here's the web site: http://www.butchartgardens.com/history . This is the main reason to visit the island, if you can ignore the beautiful weather, clean air, flowers everywhere, etc. I think we'll also visit with my aunt before we leave too. Before I know it, vacation time will end and we'll be back in Virginia.
    Oh. Is anybody curious about the prize? It was a CoolerMaster Aerogate I. This is my favorite fan controller. I guess I'll have to come up with another contest to find a winner for this prize. Suggestions are welcome.... :bored:

    bigal, Aug 17, 2005
  7. bigal

    Technoholic

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    185
    LMAO. Nice one.

    Technoholic, Aug 18, 2005
  8. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    I see no FERRY's LIER :p
    Nah jks,
    U could action it off :D for chances to win the 200gb HDD :D, all my chances are gone so i WILL WIN MUAHAHAHA :D, maybe run a normal contest, first to post get a chance to win, and closes when theres a date to be conjoined....

    unholy, Aug 18, 2005
  9. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    New contest must be challenging....

    I don't want to simply auction off the Cooler Master Aerogate I fan controller. You guys are worth much more than a simple auction. We should award it to someone that does something useful for the site. Like another "How to Guide" or something. But wait, that might be too much work.
    Tell you what. Our flight out of Seattle won't be direct. The first person to post the name of the city where our flight will stop over enroute to our home will win the Cooler Master Aerogate I. This winning post must be posted after mine, but before I arrive home on Saturday night - when I will check this topic and post again. So let the games begin..... :fight:

    bigal, Aug 19, 2005
  10. bigal

    Bio-Hazard

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    188
    Location:
    Back Woods of MO
    Denver..........;)

    Bio-Hazard, Aug 19, 2005
  11. bigal

    Flukemanguy

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    169
    Damn you are a master of suspence! lol is he correct?

    Flukemanguy, Aug 19, 2005
  12. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I cannot say just yet....

    ...if I said yes, the contest would be over too quick. If I said no, it would take one of the possible cities out of contention. However, I can say that he isn't correct. Does that help??? :p

    bigal, Aug 19, 2005
  13. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    i am going to loose, main reason, I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE STATES IN US :p
    I say California :p, RANDOM

    unholy, Aug 20, 2005
  14. bigal

    Flukemanguy

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    169
    LA? lol I don't know shit about US either

    Flukemanguy, Aug 20, 2005
  15. bigal

    Bio-Hazard

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    188
    Location:
    Back Woods of MO
    St Louis.

    Bio-Hazard, Aug 20, 2005
  16. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    sounds like a better guess then mine :p

    unholy, Aug 20, 2005
  17. bigal

    Flukemanguy

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    169
    Unholy's house? Damn I already guessed :?

    Flukemanguy, Aug 21, 2005
  18. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I'm home now....

    ....and nobody got the correct answer! The connection was through San Francisco. This is a city in California, but it isn't the state of California. Denver and St. Louis were good guesses. Anybody could have checked flights that connect between Seattle, Washington and Washington DC to figure out the short list of cities you can stop over at. Too bad. I was really pulling for you guys. Now we're going to have to make this a bit more difficult - not easier.
    The first person to get three of his / her friends to register at this site, with each new member posting at least one message / reply stating they are a friend of this "person", will win the prize. So is that clear enough? The winner is the first person to make this happen. PM me when you are successful (three friends must have posted their messages before the PM). First one who does this wins. No second prizes. The contest is on now!

    bigal, Aug 21, 2005
  19. bigal

    Technoholic

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    185
    What? Answer was SF? Doh, I should have saved that til this. lol

    Technoholic, Aug 21, 2005
  20. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Yes, I was careful....

    And I quote,"This winning post must be posted after mine, but before I arrive home on Saturday night."; I was trying to cover your earlier guess without giving it away.
    Has anybody got three new members to join and post a message yet? What's taking so long??? :argh:

    bigal, Aug 21, 2005