    the same routine. And I go through quarenting it and deleting it. What might
    I be able to do to free myself of this. I don't think I have any virus
    because of the channnels I go through to get rid of it

    charlie and grace, Sep 21, 2003

  2. charlie and grace

    °Mike° Guest

    Make a rule, like this one that Ron Martell suggests:

    And get your friend to scan their system:

    Online Antivirus scanners:
    --------------------------
    http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/ [See **]

    ** Caveat:
    http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/bugtraq/2003-07/0240.html

    Anti-virus programs:
    --------------------
    eZ Antivirus (Computer Associates)

    Vet (Computer Associates)
    http://www.vet.com.au/html/products/index.html

    Sophos
    http://www.sophos.com/products/software/antivirus/

    NOD32
    http://www.nod32.com/home/home.htm

    KAV
    http://www.kaspersky.com/

    Norman Virus Control
    http://www.norman.com/products_nvc.shtml

    F-Prot
    http://www.f-prot.com/download/

    AVG
    http://www.grisoft.com/

    On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 16:54:14 GMT, in
    <WIkbb.2351$>
    charlie and grace scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Sep 21, 2003

  3. what is stop processing more rules?

    charlie and grace, Sep 21, 2003
  4. charlie and grace

    °Mike° Guest

    Exactly what it says it is. When the rule is valid, OE does not
    continue processing other rules, which may override the one
    that has just been processed.

    On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 19:24:10 GMT, in
    <uVmbb.2373$>
    charlie and grace scrawled:

    °Mike°, Sep 21, 2003
  5. So what exactly do I need to do inside of outlook express to not recieve
    these emails?

    charlie and grace, Sep 21, 2003
  6. charlie and grace

    °Mike° Guest

    Did you read Ron Martell's post? Use that information to
    set up a rule. You do that in OE by choosing:

    Tools / Message Rules / Mail / New.

    Then follow Ron's example. In other words, press:
    'Where the message body contains specific words', then press
    on the blue "Contains specific words" and type the phrases
    that Ron used, pressing 'Add' after each one. When you
    have added them all, press OK, then press (in 2) 'Delete it'
    and 'Stop processing more rules'.

    Enter the name of your rule, and press OK.

    On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 19:43:54 GMT, in
    <_bnbb.2382$>
    charlie and grace scrawled:

    °Mike°, Sep 21, 2003
  7. thanks

    charlie and grace, Sep 21, 2003
  8. charlie and grace

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome.

    On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 20:50:30 GMT, in
    <qaobb.2390$>
    charlie and grace scrawled:

    >thanks
    >
    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> Did you read Ron Martell's post? Use that information to
    >> set up a rule. You do that in OE by choosing:
    >>
    >> Tools / Message Rules / Mail / New.
    >>
    >> Then follow Ron's example. In other words, press:
    >> 'Where the message body contains specific words', then press
    >> on the blue "Contains specific words" and type the phrases
    >> that Ron used, pressing 'Add' after each one. When you
    >> have added them all, press OK, then press (in 2) 'Delete it'
    >> and 'Stop processing more rules'.
    >>
    >> Enter the name of your rule, and press OK.

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Sep 21, 2003