Guardian filters on Doug Mentohl

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Daeron, Nov 6, 2005.

  1. Daeron

    Daeron Guest

    You won't believe it, but the Guardian blog has a filter on 'Doug
    Mentohl`. As a test, I posted as 'Bobby Garrick` on thread 'Sony's
    decloaking patch and the CD phoning home` and the msg appeared
    immediatly. Following on from this I posted to 'Microsoft death
    warrants` as 'doug.mentohl` and got the following msg.

    'Your comment has been received. To protect against malicious comments,
    I have enabled a feature that allows your comments to be held for
    approval the first time you post a comment. I'll approve your comment
    when convenient; there is no need to re-post your comment'

    I was curious as to why Schofield started to post in COLA. After all we
    could engage on the Guardian blog. At least for the amount of time he
    would let my post stay up.

    I was also curious as to the extremist and vitriolic language coming
    out of Schofield lately. Now we know the answer. Knowing he's safe he
    can now safely troll Usenet without any fear of retaliation. Very brave
    there Jack. Not really - just pathetic.

    Would the admin of the Guardian technology blog now please publish this
    filter so as we can all know just who exactly is not allowed to post.

    http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/technol...decloaking_patch_and_the_cd_phoning_home.html

    http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/technology/archives/2005/11/04/microsoft_death_warrants.html

    Daeron, Nov 6, 2005

  2. Daeron wrote:
    > You won't believe it, but the Guardian blog has a filter on 'Doug
    > Mentohl`. As a test, I posted as 'Bobby Garrick` on thread 'Sony's
    > decloaking patch and the CD phoning home` and the msg appeared
    > immediatly. Following on from this I posted to 'Microsoft death
    > warrants` as 'doug.mentohl` and got the following msg.

    <way off topic snip>

    Mate, this has absolutely nothing to do with nz.comp or from what I can see any
    of the other groups you have posted it to.

    Aside from trhat you are assuming they are filtering on your name (which I am
    sure some people could understand), while the filtering could easily be because
    you posted two comments from the same computer using different names, or simply
    that you posted two comments in a short space of time.

    Remaining on the topic of The Guardian have you seen
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,3604,1598960,00.html

    Mark Robinson, Nov 6, 2005

  3. Daeron

    Guest

    Daeron/Doug Mentohl wrote:
    > You won't believe it, but the Guardian blog has a filter on 'Doug
    > Mentohl`.

    I'm sure you are deranged enough to believe that, Daeron, but to the
    best of my knowledge, it's not true.

    Now why don't you stop cross-posting your delusions to innocent
    newsgroups read by people who have lives?

    You could even get a life yourself, unlikely as that sounds....

    Jack

    Daeron wrote:
    > You won't believe it, but the Guardian blog has a filter on 'Doug
    > Mentohl`. As a test, I posted as 'Bobby Garrick` on thread 'Sony's
    > decloaking patch and the CD phoning home` and the msg appeared
    > immediatly. Following on from this I posted to 'Microsoft death
    > warrants` as 'doug.mentohl` and got the following msg.
    >
    > 'Your comment has been received. To protect against malicious comments,
    > I have enabled a feature that allows your comments to be held for
    > approval the first time you post a comment. I'll approve your comment
    > when convenient; there is no need to re-post your comment'
    >
    > I was curious as to why Schofield started to post in COLA. After all we
    > could engage on the Guardian blog. At least for the amount of time he
    > would let my post stay up.
    >
    > I was also curious as to the extremist and vitriolic language coming
    > out of Schofield lately. Now we know the answer. Knowing he's safe he
    > can now safely troll Usenet without any fear of retaliation. Very brave
    > there Jack. Not really - just pathetic.
    >
    > Would the admin of the Guardian technology blog now please publish this
    > filter so as we can all know just who exactly is not allowed to post.
    >
    > http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/technol...decloaking_patch_and_the_cd_phoning_home.html
    >
    > http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/technology/archives/2005/11/04/microsoft_death_warrants.html

    , Nov 6, 2005