    but what about hardwired GSM devices?

    Thank you.

    --kyler

    Kyler Laird, Aug 20, 2004

  2. Kyler Laird

    Kyler Laird Guest

    Oh! It looks like there's something new (to me) for this.
    http://www.phonelabs.com/prd05.asp
    It supports both wired and Bluetooth connections. This at least
    means it can be done.

    I might try one but I'd rather avoid the analog conversion step
    (using another FXO).

    --kyler

    Kyler Laird, Aug 21, 2004

  3. There some information on connecting Asterisk to GSM and Bluetooth here:

    http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk Connecting to the Cellular Network

    --
    Jim

    James H. Thompson

    James H. Thompson, Aug 22, 2004
  4. Kyler Laird

    Kyler Laird Guest

    voice streams, I received this.
    > Do any of your GSM cards support *digital* voice calls
    > (not through the analog port)?

    No, our cards are data only.

    That's an odd response. Their cards certainly do handle voice.
    I've made voice calls on mine. There's an analog headset port
    for this.

    I assume that this just means that they don't have the firmware
    to make voice data available. Too bad.

    --kyler

    Kyler Laird, Aug 23, 2004
  5. Hi I'm Vincent from QuesCom

    QuesCom is The IP/GSM manufacturer. We have an all-in-1 box that can
    handle up to 12 VoIP to GSM calls in 1U. You can stack or dispatch the
    gateways to go up to 60 GSM channels as a single H.323 device. We are
    also SIP compatible.

    It works with numerous iPBX as well as VoIP gateways and gatekeepers.

    Already deployed with :

    - Avaya, Cisco, Nortel…
    - Quintum, UAI…
    - Aqua, Asterisk, GNU GK, OPEN GK…

    Remote tests available.

    Please go to http://www.quescom.com/ipgsm/ for more information.

    I would be glad to answer further questions. You can call me at +33 4
    97 23 48 56, or send me emails at

    Hope it is usefull
    Vincent

    Vincent Brault, Sep 15, 2004
  6. Kyler Laird

    Kyler Laird Guest

    (Vincent Brault) writes:

    >QuesCom is The IP/GSM manufacturer.

    I see that QuesCom claims to be "THE ONLY GSM GATEWAY FOR IP TELEPHONY
    ENVIRONMENTS". Does this mean it makes the GSM/VoIP gateways sold by
    other companies? Does it sell the smaller (one and two line) units?

    --kyler

    Kyler Laird, Sep 15, 2004
  7. Kyler Laird <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > (Vincent Brault) writes:
    >
    > >QuesCom is The IP/GSM manufacturer.

    > I see that QuesCom claims to be "THE ONLY GSM GATEWAY FOR IP TELEPHONY
    > ENVIRONMENTS". Does this mean it makes the GSM/VoIP gateways sold by
    > other companies? Does it sell the smaller (one and two line) units?
    >
    > --kyler

    Kyler,

    It means currently, we do have the only product that does not need to
    add a VoIP gateway. The DSPs and the software attached is native. I am
    sure our competitor are working to get those kind of solutions...

    Our range of product have 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 or 12 SIM channels in 1U.

    Vincent

    Vincent Brault, Sep 16, 2004
  8. Kyler Laird

    Kyler Laird Guest

    (Vincent Brault) writes:

    >> I see that QuesCom claims to be "THE ONLY GSM GATEWAY FOR IP TELEPHONY
    >> ENVIRONMENTS". Does this mean it makes the GSM/VoIP gateways sold by
    >> other companies? Does it sell the smaller (one and two line) units?

    >It means currently, we do have the only product that does not need to
    >add a VoIP gateway. The DSPs and the software attached is native.

    So what is it about the product I posted earlier in this thread
    http://www.2n.cz/uploads/2/letak04/1966_ateus_voiceblue.pdf
    that doesn't fit that description?

    --kyler

    Kyler Laird, Sep 16, 2004