    But they're all dialing out my fricking phone modem to refresh. WTF!

    Any ideas to stop this? This behavior is with either an IE clone,
    SlimBrowser or Firefox v1.

    Sano, Sep 18, 2004

  2. Sano

    °Mike° Guest

    Turn off javascript when you visit those sites, and/or turn
    off Meta Refresh in Internet Options / Security.

    On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 19:11:28 -0400, in
    <>
    Sano scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Sep 18, 2004

  3. Sano

    Sano Guest

    Thanks.

    I'll have to change my browsing habits.

    Sano, Sep 18, 2004
  4. Sano

    Jerry G. Guest

    In Internet Explorer, go to: Tools, Internet Options, and Connections. Check
    on the radio button, "Never dial a connection". Now click on Apply, and
    then Okay.

    When you want to log on to the internet, you will have to double click on
    the dialup icon to get things going. With this option checked off, the modem
    should normally not be able to dialup and connect, unless directly commanded
    to.

    If you want it is possible to make on your desktop, a path from the dialup
    option.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ==========================

    Jerry G., Sep 18, 2004
  5. Sano

    PK Guest

    "Jerry G." <> wrote:

    > In Internet Explorer, go to: Tools, Internet Options, and Connections. Check
    > on the radio button, "Never dial a connection". Now click on Apply, and
    > then Okay.
    >
    > When you want to log on to the internet, you will have to double click on
    > the dialup icon to get things going. With this option checked off, the modem
    > should normally not be able to dialup and connect, unless directly commanded
    > to.
    >
    > If you want it is possible to make on your desktop, a path from the dialup
    > option.

    Another way is to bring up the DUN box and uncheck dial automatically.

    You can go a step further and remove your dialup password.

    --

    PK

    In the real usenet

    PK, Sep 18, 2004
  6. Sano

    °Mike° Guest

    YW.

    On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 21:21:19 -0400, in
    <>
    Sano scrawled:

    >Thanks.
    >
    >I'll have to change my browsing habits.
    >
    >On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 01:03:57 +0100, °Mike° wrote:
    >
    >> Turn off javascript when you visit those sites, and/or turn
    >> off Meta Refresh in Internet Options / Security.

    <snip>

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD

    °Mike°, Sep 18, 2004