Grrr.. Sipura SPA-2100 lacks "Sip-Proxy-Require"

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Mark, Aug 10, 2005.

  1. Mark

    Mark Guest

    Damn:

    I've just bought the SPA-2100 thinking it was pretty much firmware
    identical to the SPA-2000, only with a router added. Not so.

    It turns out that while the SPA-2000 reportedly does have
    "Sip-Proxy-Require", the SPA-2100 doesn't have it. My ITSP,
    JustDialVoIp, needs that option. The latest 2100 firmware (3.2.1)
    doesn't help.

    Any suggestions for a new ITSP? I can cancel JDV and move to another
    provider - but which one? It would probably be less hassle than
    returning the SPA..

    Basically I need an i/c geo number and inclusive voicemail/call
    forwarding for a few quid per month. Inclusive calls are less
    important.

    Sipgate won't fit the bill, BTW.

    TIA,
    --
    Mark

    Mark, Aug 10, 2005

  2. Mark

    Guest

    On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 21:52:34 +0100, Mark <>
    wrote:

    >Basically I need an i/c geo number and inclusive voicemail/call
    >forwarding for a few quid per month. Inclusive calls are less
    >important.

    Have a look at Voipfone don't know if it is what you are after but
    they do provide a very reliable service and respond to emails very
    quickly and also phone calls .

    , Aug 10, 2005

  3. Mark

    Mark Guest

    On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 22:08:17 +0100, wrote:

    >On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 21:52:34 +0100, Mark <>
    >wrote:
    >

    >>Basically I need an i/c geo number and inclusive voicemail/call
    >>forwarding for a few quid per month. Inclusive calls are less
    >>important.

    >Have a look at Voipfone don't know if it is what you are after but
    >they do provide a very reliable service and respond to emails very
    >quickly and also phone calls .

    Thinking it was a bit odd not to support the feature across all the
    products I probed a deeper in the settings and did find the
    "Sip-Proxy-Require" after all. Panic over.

    Thanks for the suggestion anyway - I might go for another service in
    addition as the 2100 can have 2 configs.

    --
    Mark

    Mark, Aug 10, 2005
  4. Mark

    Sean Guest

    Mark wrote:
    > On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 22:08:17 +0100, wrote:
    >

    >>On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 21:52:34 +0100, Mark <>
    >>wrote:
    >>

    >>>Basically I need an i/c geo number and inclusive voicemail/call
    >>>forwarding for a few quid per month. Inclusive calls are less
    >>>important.

    >>Have a look at Voipfone don't know if it is what you are after but
    >>they do provide a very reliable service and respond to emails very
    >>quickly and also phone calls .

    > Thinking it was a bit odd not to support the feature across all the
    > products I probed a deeper in the settings and did find the
    > "Sip-Proxy-Require" after all. Panic over.
    >
    > Thanks for the suggestion anyway - I might go for another service in
    > addition as the 2100 can have 2 configs.

    Can you tell me what setting you have entered? Do your incoming calls work?

    Sean, Aug 10, 2005
  5. Mark

    Dave Gill Guest

    Mark <> wrote:

    > Thinking it was a bit odd not to support the feature across all the
    > products I probed a deeper in the settings and did find the
    > "Sip-Proxy-Require" after all. Panic over.

    Yes, the 2100 does have "Sip-Proxy-Require" as you've found, but
    strangely the Linksys PAP2, which is also based on the Sipura 2000
    definitely doesn't...

    Dave Gill, Aug 11, 2005
  6. Mark

    Mark Guest

    On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 22:27:40 +0100, Sean
    <> wrote:

    [snip]

    >Can you tell me what setting you have entered? Do your incoming calls work?

    I flashed to firmware version 3.2.1 (from Sipura support site), the
    2100 box was shipped with version 2.0.5c.

    Very little needs changing, but at minimum ensure the following are
    right (*especially* the codec selection):

    Select "Voice" tab
    Under AdminLogin -> advanced -> Line1 tab:

    SIP Settings:
    ------------------
    SIP Port: 5060
    SIP Proxy-require: com.nortelnetworks.firewall

    Proxy and Registartion:
    ----------------------------------
    Proxy: Justdial.com
    Use outbound proxy: Yes
    Outbound Proxy: 82.110.16.193
    Use OB proxy in dialogue: Yes

    Subscriber Information:
    ----------------------------------
    Dispplayname: <JDVuser name as quoted in your sign-on e-mail>
    UserID: <JDVuser name as quoted in your sign-on e-mail>
    Password : <JDV password as quoted in your sign-on e-mail>
    AuthID: <JDVuser name as quoted in your sign-on e-mail>
    Use AuthID: Yes

    Under the "Regional" tab, I set:

    Miscellaneous
    ---------------------
    CallerID method: ETSI FSK with PR (UK)

    There are loads of settings that you probably don't need to change,
    but I think that the ATA or the JDV PC Client must be able to use the
    G.729 codec (and maybe G.723 as well) else it will not register
    correctly with JDV and you won't get i/c calls. So don't enforce any
    higher-rate codecs like G.711 else all incoming calls will go to
    voicemail (but outgoing calls seem to be possible).

    I'm still getting to grips with the ATA. One thing I do like the are
    the splash-ring options for VM and always-diverted calls. One thing
    I've not found yet is how to withhold CLI on outgoing calls.

    HTH,
    --
    Mark

    Mark, Aug 11, 2005
  7. Mark

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Thu, 11 Aug 2005, Mark writes
    >Under the "Regional" tab, I set:
    >
    >Miscellaneous
    >CallerID method: ETSI FSK with PR (UK)

    I find that with the SPA3000 (which is virtually identical as far as
    these settings are concerned) that the Caller Display on our DECT phones
    displays the incoming number in BOTH the number and the name space. It
    fails to pick up the name from the phone's address book :-(

    David

    David Floyd, Aug 11, 2005