Grouping the replys in Mozilla?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Benjamin P., Apr 15, 2004.

  1. Benjamin P.

    Benjamin P. Guest

    I also I one more question. is there anyway where I could set Mozilla to
    group the replys and the firs post together? like it is done at google
    groups?
    Benjamin P., Apr 15, 2004
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Benjamin P.

    .BRIAN. Guest

    On 4/14/2004 10:55 PM Benjamin P. wrote:
    > I also I one more question. is there anyway where I could set Mozilla to
    > group the replys and the firs post together? like it is done at google
    > groups?


    Threaded? In Thunderbird: View>>Messages>>Threaded -- you can set them
    up to be always expanded, or not -- just play around with it. If you're
    talking about the Suite... well, someone will reply soon I'm sure :)

    --
    Brian

    Email Info -
    http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm
    .BRIAN., Apr 15, 2004
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Benjamin P.

    Benjamin P. Guest

    ..BRIAN. wrote:

    > On 4/14/2004 10:55 PM Benjamin P. wrote:
    >
    >> I also I one more question. is there anyway where I could set Mozilla
    >> to group the replys and the firs post together? like it is done at
    >> google groups?

    >
    >
    > Threaded? In Thunderbird: View>>Messages>>Threaded -- you can set them
    > up to be always expanded, or not -- just play around with it. If you're
    > talking about the Suite... well, someone will reply soon I'm sure :)
    >

    I do not know what you mean by suite, I am new with Mozilla. But I
    downloaded Mozilla 1.6 the one that comes with The bowser and new/email
    client.
    Benjamin P., Apr 15, 2004
    #3
  4. Benjamin P.

    .BRIAN. Guest

    On 4/14/2004 11:15 PM .BRIAN. wrote:

    > On 4/14/2004 10:55 PM Benjamin P. wrote:
    >
    >> I also I one more question. is there anyway where I could set Mozilla
    >> to group the replys and the firs post together? like it is done at
    >> google groups?

    >
    > Threaded? In Thunderbird: View>>Messages>>Threaded -- you can set them
    > up to be always expanded, or not -- just play around with it. If you're
    > talking about the Suite... well, someone will reply soon I'm sure :)
    >


    I guess I could have looked before wondering which product you were
    talking about. I'm sure the Suite is similar.

    Damn! I'm going to have to install that just so I know what people are
    talking about. :-D

    --
    Brian
    .BRIAN., Apr 15, 2004
    #4
  5. Benjamin P.

    Benjamin P. Guest

    ..BRIAN. wrote:

    > On 4/14/2004 11:15 PM .BRIAN. wrote:
    >
    >> On 4/14/2004 10:55 PM Benjamin P. wrote:
    >>
    >>> I also I one more question. is there anyway where I could set Mozilla
    >>> to group the replys and the firs post together? like it is done at
    >>> google groups?

    >>
    >>
    >> Threaded? In Thunderbird: View>>Messages>>Threaded -- you can set
    >> them up to be always expanded, or not -- just play around with it. If
    >> you're talking about the Suite... well, someone will reply soon I'm
    >> sure :)
    >>

    >
    > I guess I could have looked before wondering which product you were
    > talking about. I'm sure the Suite is similar.
    >
    > Damn! I'm going to have to install that just so I know what people are
    > talking about. :-D
    >

    So far I love it. Because I like the bowser and the news/email reader.
    It is free and safe. No Virus or Spyware so it why not try it out lol.
    Benjamin P., Apr 15, 2004
    #5
  6. Benjamin P.

    Benjamin P. Guest

    ..BRIAN. wrote:

    > I guess I could have looked before wondering which product you were
    > talking about. I'm sure the Suite is similar.
    >
    > Damn! I'm going to have to install that just so I know what people are
    > talking about. :-D


    I like it. It is free. and spyware and virus free. So give it a try.
    Benjamin P., Apr 15, 2004
    #6
  7. Benjamin P.

    .BRIAN. Guest

    On 4/14/2004 11:17 PM Benjamin P. wrote:

    > .BRIAN. wrote:
    >
    >> On 4/14/2004 10:55 PM Benjamin P. wrote:
    >>
    >>> I also I one more question. is there anyway where I could set Mozilla
    >>> to group the replys and the firs post together? like it is done at
    >>> google groups?

    >>
    >> Threaded? In Thunderbird: View>>Messages>>Threaded -- you can set
    >> them up to be always expanded, or not -- just play around with it. If
    >> you're talking about the Suite... well, someone will reply soon I'm
    >> sure :)
    >>

    > I do not know what you mean by suite, I am new with Mozilla. But I
    > downloaded Mozilla 1.6 the one that comes with The bowser and new/email
    > client.


    You are using the Mozilla Suite (all-in-one). There is also Firefox
    (browser) and Thunderbird (email/news client) available.

    The answer to your question: View>>Sort by>>Threaded

    --
    Brian

    Email Info -
    http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm
    .BRIAN., Apr 15, 2004
    #7
  8. Benjamin P.

    .BRIAN. Guest

    On 4/14/2004 11:24 PM Benjamin P. wrote:

    > .BRIAN. wrote:
    >
    >> On 4/14/2004 11:15 PM .BRIAN. wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 4/14/2004 10:55 PM Benjamin P. wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> I also I one more question. is there anyway where I could set
    >>>> Mozilla to group the replys and the firs post together? like it is
    >>>> done at google groups?
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Threaded? In Thunderbird: View>>Messages>>Threaded -- you can set
    >>> them up to be always expanded, or not -- just play around with it.
    >>> If you're talking about the Suite... well, someone will reply soon
    >>> I'm sure :)
    >>>

    >>
    >> I guess I could have looked before wondering which product you were
    >> talking about. I'm sure the Suite is similar.
    >>
    >> Damn! I'm going to have to install that just so I know what people
    >> are talking about. :-D
    >>

    > So far I love it. Because I like the bowser and the news/email reader.
    > It is free and safe. No Virus or Spyware so it why not try it out lol.


    I use Firefox and Thunderbird :) Still Mozilla, just not all-in-one.
    .BRIAN., Apr 15, 2004
    #8
  9. Benjamin P.

    Benjamin P. Guest

    ok thanks. that helped allot. I also have one more question. In my
    newsgroup account seatings. under Off line & Disk space and under keep
    Messages which have arrived within the last 2 day is that how long they
    will stay on my hard drive before the get deleted?
    Benjamin P., Apr 15, 2004
    #9
  10. Benjamin P.

    .BRIAN. Guest

    On 4/14/2004 11:39 PM Benjamin P. wrote:
    > ok thanks. that helped allot. I also have one more question. In my
    > newsgroup account seatings. under Off line & Disk space and under keep
    > Messages which have arrived within the last 2 day is that how long they
    > will stay on my hard drive before the get deleted?


    From the Mozilla Help File:

    Mozilla can automatically delete newsgroup messages for you. You can
    configure this process with the options listed below Keep:

    * All messages: Keep all messages. Never delete messages automatically.
    * The newest ___ messages: Enter the number of messages to keep.
    With this setting only messages older than these messages are deleted.
    * Messages which have arrived within the last ___ days: Keep all
    messages that arrived within the given number of days.

    With last two settings you can further constrain the three options to
    delete messages automatically. This is especially useful in combination
    with the option to keep all messages.

    * Only unread messages: Select this option to deny Mozilla the
    deletion of unread messages.
    * Only message bodies less than ___ days old: Select this option to
    deny Mozilla the deletion of messages that are newer than the number of
    days you specify here.


    --
    Brian
    .BRIAN., Apr 15, 2004
    #10
  11. Benjamin P.

    Benjamin P. Guest

    ..BRIAN. wrote:

    > On 4/14/2004 11:39 PM Benjamin P. wrote:
    >
    >> ok thanks. that helped allot. I also have one more question. In my
    >> newsgroup account seatings. under Off line & Disk space and under keep
    >> Messages which have arrived within the last 2 day is that how long
    >> they will stay on my hard drive before the get deleted?

    >
    >
    > From the Mozilla Help File:
    >
    > Mozilla can automatically delete newsgroup messages for you. You can
    > configure this process with the options listed below Keep:
    >
    > * All messages: Keep all messages. Never delete messages automatically.
    > * The newest ___ messages: Enter the number of messages to keep.
    > With this setting only messages older than these messages are deleted.
    > * Messages which have arrived within the last ___ days: Keep all
    > messages that arrived within the given number of days.
    >
    > With last two settings you can further constrain the three options to
    > delete messages automatically. This is especially useful in combination
    > with the option to keep all messages.
    >
    > * Only unread messages: Select this option to deny Mozilla the
    > deletion of unread messages.
    > * Only message bodies less than ___ days old: Select this option to
    > deny Mozilla the deletion of messages that are newer than the number of
    > days you specify here.
    >
    >

    Thanks allot for all the help you have geven me. I wish there was away I
    could repay you.
    Benjamin P., Apr 15, 2004
    #11
  12. Benjamin P.

    .BRIAN. Guest

    On 4/15/2004 12:13 AM Benjamin P. wrote:

    > Thanks allot for all the help you have geven me. I wish there was away I
    > could repay you.


    You could turn on the spell-checker ;-)

    Edit>>Preferences>>Mail&Newsgroups>>Composition>>Check spelling before
    sending

    J/K -- Help is always here. Just ask.

    --
    Brian
    .BRIAN., Apr 15, 2004
    #12
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. John Thompson

    Message grouping

    John Thompson, Mar 26, 2005, in forum: Firefox
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    521
    ..brian..
    Mar 27, 2005
  2. hari
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    1,374
  3. ike lozada
    Replies:
    10
    Views:
    3,544
    Walter Roberson
    Feb 3, 2004
  4. michael

    no arp replys

    michael, May 10, 2004, in forum: Cisco
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    5,674
    Patrick
    May 10, 2004
  5. Western Alarm

    inline Gmail replys with different color text

    Western Alarm, Feb 10, 2007, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    9
    Views:
    5,253
    fuzuku
    Nov 30, 2012
Loading...

Share This Page