    from an OU to computer container not always get rid off the GOP that
    follos the WS around.

    Thanks gurus

    naguaramipana, Nov 1, 2010

  2. naguaramipana

    Mike Easter Guest

    naguaramipana wrote:

    Googlegrouper.

    > Is there a way to disbale an AD GOP on local computer and then enable
    > back again,

    -1- what operating system are we talking about?
    -2- what means AD? (what does AD mean?)
    -3- what does GOP mean? GPO? What does GPO mean when you spell it wrong?

    > I know it will defeat the security purpose, but moving WS

    -4- What means WS?

    > from an OU to computer container

    -5- What means OU?
    -6- computer container?

    > not always get rid off the GOP that
    > follos the WS around.

    http://searchenterprisedesktop.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid192_gci1136661,00.html
    AD security: Group Policy inheritance and application

    In that article...

    AD = active directory
    GPO = Group Policy Object
    OU = organizational unit

    .... but there aren't any WS (or GOP for that matter)

    Your header sez: X-HTTP-UserAgent: ... MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1

    IE 6? Are you crazy? So the answer to qx 1 above is XP is the OS. What
    are the rest of the answers and why would anyone driving IE6 around be
    worried about security from 'disbaling' an AD GOP when they have enough
    security problems just using their browser?

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Nov 1, 2010

  3. On Mon, 01 Nov 2010 16:18:27 -0700, Mike Easter wrote:

    >> Is there a way to disbale an AD GOP on local computer and then enable
    >> back again,

    > -1- what operating system are we talking about? -2- what means AD?
    > (what does AD mean?) -3- what does GOP mean? GPO? What does GPO mean
    > when you spell it wrong?

    I think it is obvious that the OP meant Active Directory.

    >> I know it will defeat the security purpose, but moving WS

    > -4- What means WS?
    >
    >> from an OU to computer container

    > -5- What means OU?
    > -6- computer container?

    Since the user mentioned AD, it is safe to assume and actually to be
    certain that he or she meant Organizational Unit.

    Sgt. Floyd Pepper, Nov 2, 2010
  4. naguaramipana

    Mike Easter Guest

    Sgt. Floyd Pepper wrote:
    > Mike Easter wrote:
    >

    >>> Is there a way to disbale an AD GOP on local computer and then enable
    >>> back again,

    >> -1- what operating system are we talking about? -2- what means AD?
    >> (what does AD mean?) -3- what does GOP mean? GPO? What does GPO mean
    >> when you spell it wrong?
    >>

    > I think it is obvious that the OP meant Active Directory.

    I was trying to make a point about how to not ask a question. Such as
    by not making all kinds of assumptions that the reader already knows
    what environment the OP is working. If we don't even know the operating
    system from the outset, AD doesn't mean much of anything.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Nov 2, 2010
  5. naguaramipana

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Tue, 02 Nov 2010 07:57:44 -0700, Mike Easter wrote:

    > Sgt. Floyd Pepper wrote:

    >>> -1- what operating system are we talking about? -2- what means AD?
    >>> (what does AD mean?) -3- what does GOP mean? GPO? What does GPO mean
    >>> when you spell it wrong?
    >>>

    >> I think it is obvious that the OP meant Active Directory.

    > I was trying to make a point about how to not ask a question. Such as by
    > not making all kinds of assumptions that the reader already knows what
    > environment the OP is working. If we don't even know the operating
    > system from the outset, AD doesn't mean much of anything.

    For once I tend to agree with you. However I understand that when
    frustrated and you've been working at something and not getting anywhere
    you tend to leave out/abbreviate some important information. Also there
    seems to be a tiny bit of a language/translation barrier.

    Meat Plow, Nov 2, 2010
  6. naguaramipana <> via teh googlegroups:

    > hi gurus
    >
    > Is there a way to disbale an AD GOP on local computer and then enable
    > back again, I know it will defeat the security purpose, but moving WS
    > from an OU to computer container not always get rid off the GOP that
    > follos the WS around.
    >
    > Thanks gurus

    You have to buy the dongle that does that, or get a generical
    one from the flea-market (sometimes the CraigsList) and then
    get someone like a gunsmith, plumber, or exterminator to fix it.
    It is also helpful (but not necessary) to get a priest's blessing.

    HTH.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and EVERYBODY knows
    that the "U" in "UFO" stands for "WTF"!

    Repent! The end is near... Or, good luck if there's an apocalypse.

    (And some condoms... because I wouldn't want to be the first guy who
    survives the apocolypse on Murray Povich staring at DNA child support.)

    For the athiests and other infidels :

    Bucky Breeder, Nov 2, 2010