    Hi , i am trying to use Group Policy in Windows XP Pro, i want it so the
    settings are appllied to users/and guests rather than admins as well. How
    would i stop it doing this?

    BA, Jun 15, 2004

  2. BA

    Brian Guest

    "BA" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:0aBzc.26$8a3.16@newsfe5-win...
    > Hi , i am trying to use Group Policy in Windows XP Pro, i want it so the
    > settings are appllied to users/and guests rather than admins as well. How
    > would i stop it doing this?

    start>>control panel>>adminstrativ>>computer>>local users and groups>>right
    click(right hand pane) "create new group" fill in the name description..
    click "add" and select the users who should be in that group....

    Brian, Jun 15, 2004

  3. BA

    Brian Guest

    "Brian" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    > "BA" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > > Hi , i am trying to use Group Policy in Windows XP Pro, i want it so the
    > > settings are appllied to users/and guests rather than admins as well.

    How
    > > would i stop it doing this?
    > >

    > start>>control panel>>adminstrativ>>computer>>local users and

    groups>>right
    > click(right hand pane) "create new group" fill in the name description..
    > click "add" and select the users who should be in that group....

    if the group already exists.. click on the group(as above) and remove the
    admins out of there...

    Brian, Jun 15, 2004
  4. BA

    BA Guest

    I already have Users setup into groups, but when i use group policy it
    applys to everyone including admins.

    BA, Jun 15, 2004
  5. BA

    Brian Guest

    "BA" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > I already have Users setup into groups, but when i use group policy it
    > applys to everyone including admins.
    >
    > "Brian" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Brian" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > > >
    > > > "BA" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    > the

    well.
    > > How
    > > > >

    > > > start>>control panel>>adminstrativ>>computer>>local users and

    > > groups>>right
    > > > click(right hand pane) "create new group" fill in the name

    description..
    > > > click "add" and select the users who should be in that group....
    > > >

    > > if the group already exists.. click on the group(as above) and remove

    the
    > > admins out of there...

    and you ahve set up a policy for that group?(local policies>>user rights)
    the admins are still in there? and added the gruop to each item which they
    are/not allowed to do? its a long process but once done.. works fine... tip
    from me.. partition the drive and make an image from the system on it and
    also export the policies.. saves loads of work.. after a crash..

    Brian, Jun 15, 2004