    I am getting closer and closer to getting this to work on my x64 box..
    but still need this part :)

    Thanks!

    Chris's Group, Mar 22, 2006

  2. So, you copied a version to SysWOW64. Where did you copy it from? And is it
    actually 32-bit? or is it the 64bit version?

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 22, 2006

  3. I copied it from C:\windows\system32 to c:\windows\syswow64 (the .msc
    did not exist in syswow64)
    Its actually 32 bit I would guess as its from gpmc.msi - which works on
    my 32 bit OS's...

    Chris's Group, Mar 22, 2006
  4. If it was in system32, it was 64-bit.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 22, 2006
  5. Hello Chris and Charlie,
    This is from an earlier posting I made, the thread has some explanations as
    well as to why this happens, but this is the relevant portion I think.

    > Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 20:35:50 GMT
    > Subject: RE: gpmc and gpedit
    > I found it in this article:
    > 304718 How to use the Administration Tools Pack to remotely administer
    > computers that are running Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, or Windows

    2000
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;304718

    > Windows Server 2003 Administration Tools issues on x64-based versions of
    > Windows Server 2003
    > When you try to modify a Group Policy on an x64-based version of Windows
    > Server 2003 from the Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in, the
    > Active Directory Sites and Services snap-in, or the Group Policy

    Management
    > Console snap-in, you receive the following error message:
    > Windows cannot find 'gpedit.msc'. Make sure you typed the name correctly
    > and then try again.
    > To search for a file click the Start button and then click Search
    > When you try to modify a GPO from any one of the snap-ins that is listed
    > earlier, a call is made to start the Gpedit.msc file. Currently, the
    > snap-ins that call the Gpedit.msc file are 32-bit tools. However, on
    > x64-based versions of Windows Server 2003, Gpedit.msc is a 64-bit

    snap-in.
    > This problem will be corrected in a future release of a 64-bit

    Adminpak.msi
    > package. To work around this problem, use either of the following

    methods.

    There are some workarounds in the article
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------
    <From: "Charlie Russel - MVP" <>
    <Subject: Re: Group Policy Object Editing
    <Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 13:05:05 -0800
    <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <
    <If it was in system32, it was 64-bit.
    <
    <--
    <Charlie.
    <http://msmvps.com/xperts64
    <

    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], Mar 23, 2006
  6. I've seen this post before.. but cant seem to get it to work either
    way... guess I'm out of luck to do Group Policy Management on my
    machine..

    Chris's Group, Mar 23, 2006