Group Policy Configuration, and Home network.

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Dave Ashe, Jan 27, 2006.

  1. Dave Ashe

    Dave Ashe Guest

    Hi All -
    I am testing a WiFi connection at work, using WPA+802.1x authentication.
    Serveres are Win2k3, IAS, with Certificate services autoenrollment set up on
    the network. Group Policy configures my preferred networks and
    authentication. Access Point is an IronPoint 200.

    Works great.

    I am now trying to connect this laptop to my home Wifi network - old Linksys
    BERFWS4, using Simple WEP with 64 bit keys. Home laptop works fine,
    however, nothing I do will let the work laptop connect - even disabling
    security.

    Did I miss something in the documentation that indicates that once a laptop
    is ocnfigured via Group Policy, it cannot conenct to anything except those
    Corporate networks?

    Dave
    Dave Ashe, Jan 27, 2006