    when logged in as Guest.
    What's wrong? How can I apply the restrictions for the Guest, but not
    Administrator?
    Diagoras, Nov 29, 2007

  2. Diagoras

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 13:20:18 -0800, Diagoras wrote:

    >I'm running XP Pro / SP2
    >I have only the Administrator and Guest accounts, and I'm trying to prevent
    >the Guest from changing IE settings. Logged in as Admin, I access the Group

    Your first mistake is not automatically disabling the Guest account.
    Simply don't use guest.

    Create another user account.

    Most likely you aren't on a domain.

    <snip>

    Try the MS XP security admin newsgroup,
    http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?&sel=33607002&expand=1

    Me
    why?, Dec 1, 2007

  3. Diagoras

    Diagoras Guest

    > On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 13:20:18 -0800, Diagoras wrote:
    >
    >>I'm running XP Pro / SP2
    >>I have only the Administrator and Guest accounts, and I'm trying to
    >>prevent
    >>the Guest from changing IE settings. Logged in as Admin, I access the
    >>Group

    > Your first mistake is not automatically disabling the Guest account.
    > Simply don't use guest.
    >
    > Create another user account.
    >
    > Most likely you aren't on a domain.
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > Try the MS XP security admin newsgroup,
    > http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?&sel=33607002&expand=1
    >
    > Me

    The Guest account was disabled, I enabled it for this purpose. This computer
    is not on our network, it has a dedicated dsl connection and it is provided
    as a courtesy in a semi-public place. We don't want guests to mess with the
    settings, so enabling the Guest account was appropriate (we thought). It's
    just another ****-up by Microsoft, the built-in Guest account is totally
    useless, you can not customize restrictions, unless you want the Admin to
    have less power than the Guest. Go figure!
    I created another user account and set the restrictions, but they also
    applied to the Admin account.
    Diagoras, Dec 2, 2007