    even out the pix?
    --
    PeteCresswell
    (Pete Cresswell), Dec 18, 2003

  2. (Pete Cresswell)

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 02:01:35 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "(Pete
    Cresswell)" <> wrote:

    >When I do pictures of 2-4 people together and some have very light skin and
    >others have very dark skin, the people with the dark skin seem to lose detail -
    >I guess, because the camera averages out the light and they lose...
    >
    >The obvious workaround would seem to be a spot-focus on the person whose skin
    >tone is somewhere in the middle or to the dark end - but I'm guessing that will
    >make others look washed-out.
    >
    >Barring some other camera technique, is there something I can do in Photoshop to
    >even out the pix?

    If your camera has an exposure bracketing function, this seems a good
    place to start. You could than blend the images in PS as needed.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://members.cox.net/egruf
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam
    Ed Ruf, Dec 18, 2003