    just etiquette.

    Thanks,

    Tim W
    Tim W, Apr 19, 2012

  2. Tim W

    Timo Salmi Guest

    On 19.04.2012 13:31 Tim W wrote:
    > I want to send out an email newsltter type thing to a group of business
    > contacts. Only polite that a recipient should not see all the other
    > email addresses. So I open the Address Book in Thunderbird, make a New
    > List, give it a name and drag all the contacts I want into that list.
    > then I can go 'Write' for a new message, and put the name of the new
    > list in the 'To:' box, so far so good, only the list name shows as a
    > recipient. Can anyone confirm that when the mail is sent the recipients
    > won't see all the other emails? It isn't a question of high security,
    > just etiquette.

    Put your own address or a nul address (which can be a pretense of the
    mailing list name) into the To:-field. Drag all the intended recipients
    into a Bcc:-field. (Bcc = Blind Carbon Copy)

    All the best, Timo

    --
    Prof. (emer.) Timo Salmi, Vaasa, Finland
    http://www.netikka.net/tsneti/homepage.php
    Timo Salmi, Apr 19, 2012

  3. Tim W

    Tim W Guest

    On 19/04/2012 20:39, Timo Salmi wrote:
    > On 19.04.2012 13:31 Tim W wrote:
    >> I want to send out an email newsltter type thing to a group of
    >> business contacts. Only polite that a recipient should not see all
    >> the other email addresses. So I open the Address Book in Thunderbird,
    >> make a New List, give it a name and drag all the contacts I want into
    >> that list. then I can go 'Write' for a new message, and put the name
    >> of the new list in the 'To:' box, so far so good, only the list name
    >> shows as a recipient. Can anyone confirm that when the mail is sent
    >> the recipients won't see all the other emails? It isn't a question of
    >> high security, just etiquette.

    > Put your own address or a nul address (which can be a pretense of the
    > mailing list name) into the To:-field. Drag all the intended recipients
    > into a Bcc:-field. (Bcc = Blind Carbon Copy)
    >
    > All the best, Timo

    Simple as that, Huh?

    Silly me.

    Tim W