    I have recently tried to update my AVG virus scanner to the new version 7.3
    However i am using Windows 2003 Server at home and AVG won't install. Is
    there a way to bypass this and install it on my computer?

    *****General, Jan 4, 2005

  2. *****General

    Noel Paton Guest

    "*****General" <*****> wrote in message
    news:%AECd.1655$...
    >I have recently tried to update my AVG virus scanner to the new version 7.3
    > However i am using Windows 2003 Server at home and AVG won't install. Is
    > there a way to bypass this and install it on my computer?

    AVG Free cannot be installed on Severs - you need the Server version

    --
    Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

    Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    http://tinyurl.com/6oztj
    A Happy Xmas, and a Merry New Year to everyone!

    Noel Paton, Jan 4, 2005

  3. *****General

    doS2k5 Guest

    consider yourself lucky...

    doS2k5, Jan 5, 2005
  4. *****General

    *****General Guest

    "doS2k5" <> wrote in message
    > consider yourself lucky...

    Why?

    *****General, Jan 5, 2005
  5. *****General

    doS2k5 Guest

    you get what you pay for.

    doS2k5, Jan 5, 2005
  6. *****General

    *****General Guest

    "doS2k5" <> wrote in message
    > you get what you pay for.

    Fair enough. Any recommendations for a free alternative that works with
    Win2003 Server and is as reliable as AVG?

    *****General, Jan 5, 2005
  7. *****General

    doS2k5 Guest

    Not free.

    doS2k5, Jan 6, 2005
  8. *****General

    *****General Guest

    "*****General" <*****> wrote in message

    > "doS2k5" <> wrote in message
    > > you get what you pay for.
    > >

    > Fair enough. Any recommendations for a free alternative that works with
    > Win2003 Server and is as reliable as AVG?

    ..............Or preferably somewhere where I can download a Win2K3 friendly
    copy AVG Pro? Oh and yes I am a cheap bastard because this bloody PC malarky
    is turning out be more expensive than I thought.

    *****General, Jan 6, 2005
  9. Howdy!

    "*****General" <*****> wrote in message

    > "*****General" <*****> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "doS2k5" <> wrote in message
    > > > you get what you pay for.
    > > >

    > > Fair enough. Any recommendations for a free alternative that works with
    > > Win2003 Server and is as reliable as AVG?

    Google for EAV7PROMO and download the promo EXE. It was released
    with 2003 server to SUPPORT Server 2K3.

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Jan 7, 2005