    websites will post Danger Mouse's Grey Album on their site for 24 hours in
    protest of EMI's attempts to censor this work."

    Peter

    Peter, Feb 24, 2004

  2. Peter

    Robert Cooze Guest

    Peter wrote:
    > more copyright stupidity ...
    > http://www.greytuesday.org/
    > "It's time for music fans to stand up and demand change from the music
    > industry's copyright cartel.
    > Tuesday, February 24 will be a day of coordinated civil disobedience:
    > websites will post Danger Mouse's Grey Album on their site for 24 hours in
    > protest of EMI's attempts to censor this work."
    >

    > Peter

    It is Stupid the protest is about a album that most of the source came
    from two different sources the DJ mouse guy just mixed them togeather.
    DJ Mouse did not rite the lirrics or music or even do a performance just
    a person mixing two or more tracks.

    Robert Cooze, Feb 25, 2004

  3. Robert Cooze wrote:
    >> more copyright stupidity ...
    >> http://www.greytuesday.org/

    > It is Stupid the protest is about a album that most of the source came
    > from two different sources the DJ mouse guy just mixed them togeather.
    > DJ Mouse did not rite the lirrics or music or even do a performance just
    > a person mixing two or more tracks.

    You must have a different perspective to me, I think that a properly
    mixed album can be better than the originals... granted, some suck very
    badly, but this one seems very well done(rating on the one song I have
    listened to so far).

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://Dave.net.nz

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Feb 25, 2004
  4. Peter

    Robert Cooze Guest

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > Robert Cooze wrote:
    >
    >>> more copyright stupidity ...
    >>> http://www.greytuesday.org/

    >> It is Stupid the protest is about a album that most of the source came
    >> from two different sources the DJ mouse guy just mixed them togeather.
    >> DJ Mouse did not rite the lirrics or music or even do a performance
    >> just a person mixing two or more tracks.

    > You must have a different perspective to me, I think that a properly
    > mixed album can be better than the originals... granted, some suck very
    > badly, but this one seems very well done(rating on the one song I have
    > listened to so far).

    fare enough as most of the top 40 stuff is just junk now conserdering
    that the Beatles sgt pepper album was a 4 track I think or was it 8 what
    was done back then seems much better. A wile back I came across an
    original hay Jude single and I have heard stuff in that pressing I have
    never heard from anything on cd remasters. I think that sole is missing
    from music these days. The funny thing there is some emnimm that I like
    but I have never heard those songs on the radio.

    Robert Cooze, Feb 26, 2004
  5. Robert Cooze wrote:
    > The funny thing there is some emnimm that I like
    > but I have never heard those songs on the radio.

    Im not a great fan of eminem, but I think that Elton John summed him up
    pretty well in a speach I read. It went on along the the lines of "I
    dont like what he says, I don't like the words he uses, I dont like his
    videos...but I respect him for having talent, and I respect that
    talent." it waffled on a bit further, but basically he liked his ability
    to rap and make many words that normally wouldn't fit together, fit.

    --
    Http://www.Dave.net.nz
    Play Hangman

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Feb 26, 2004
  6. Peter

    Robert Cooze Guest

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > Robert Cooze wrote:
    >
    >> The funny thing there is some emnimm that I like but I have never
    >> heard those songs on the radio.

    > Im not a great fan of eminem, but I think that Elton John summed him up
    > pretty well in a speach I read. It went on along the the lines of "I
    > dont like what he says, I don't like the words he uses, I dont like his
    > videos...but I respect him for having talent, and I respect that
    > talent." it waffled on a bit further, but basically he liked his ability
    > to rap and make many words that normally wouldn't fit together, fit.

    This is one of those conversations that would work best in a social seen
    with alacohole (choose wour posin) A stack of old vianal and cd's and
    about 48 hours of free time. last time I was in that situation I bound a
    deep love for the blues (wife hates the blues unless under the
    influence) some rap (dj stuff) can be called blues (rare and talented)
    most just seems to be a slagging macth. latly I have been listning to a
    band that used to be called Southen Death Cult I taped this album some
    ware in the 80's listened to it once and forgot I had it put it in the
    tape player and cool,wow proberly won't listen to this in about another
    10 years or so I guess. the biggest problem in NZ now is the music and
    preformers that are still preforming the cd's are not brought into the
    country as they are deemed not commercial so every so often I compile a
    list from the net and go hunting I still have a lot to get:(

    Robert Cooze, Feb 26, 2004
  7. Peter

    Lebowski Guest

    "Robert Cooze" <> wrote in message
    > T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >
    > > Robert Cooze wrote:
    > >
    > >> The funny thing there is some emnimm that I like but I have never
    > >> heard those songs on the radio.

    > > Im not a great fan of eminem, but I think that Elton John summed him up
    > > pretty well in a speach I read. It went on along the the lines of "I
    > > dont like what he says, I don't like the words he uses, I dont like his
    > > videos...but I respect him for having talent, and I respect that
    > > talent." it waffled on a bit further, but basically he liked his ability
    > > to rap and make many words that normally wouldn't fit together, fit.
    > >

    > This is one of those conversations that would work best in a social seen
    > with alacohole (choose wour posin) A stack of old vianal and cd's and
    > about 48 hours of free time. last time I was in that situation I bound a
    > deep love for the blues (wife hates the blues unless under the
    > influence) some rap (dj stuff) can be called blues (rare and talented)
    > most just seems to be a slagging macth. latly I have been listning to a
    > band that used to be called Southen Death Cult I taped this album some
    > ware in the 80's listened to it once and forgot I had it put it in the
    > tape player and cool,wow proberly won't listen to this in about another
    > 10 years or so I guess. the biggest problem in NZ now is the music and
    > preformers that are still preforming the cd's are not brought into the
    > country as they are deemed not commercial so every so often I compile a
    > list from the net and go hunting I still have a lot to get:(

    Any of you guys actually heard this album? I got it about 3-4 weeks ago with
    bated breath, and it's absolutely amazing. "Mother Nature's Son" is cut up
    with big fat beats and Jay-Z rappin over the top! I'm no huge fan of hip-hop
    but love hearing new twists on olden day antiquity.

    One of the coolest things on it is the "oh yeah" middle section of Glass
    Onion cut up to dramatic effect on "Encore", which halfway through, changes
    to the chorus of Savoy Truffle with vocals removed!

    On "99 Problems", Helter Skelter actually sounds louder and heavier than
    when it was first recorded, and Jay-Z's lyric suits it right down to the
    ground.

    There's some real creative ingenuity going on here. "Piggies" is now a poppy
    hip-hop anthem. The opening acoustic guitar bars of "Rocky Raccoon" now has
    a cool and tough sheen to it as a basis for a whole new song! "Revolution 9"
    is now "Interlude", and wow it's been given a whole new lease of life with
    the addition of creepy beats - you can now actually dance to it and it still
    freaks your mind.

    The other thing I was going to mention is that all the big beats, each snare
    sound etc all came from the White Album somewhere - all the source material
    for the samples came from the White Album.

    I just think that if you're a Beatle fan and are prepared to listen to
    anything with an open mind, it is well worth hearing. Paul did try
    half-heartedly sampling old Beatles sounds with the Super Furry Animals
    during his "Liverpool Sound Collage", but this Grey Album is a consistently
    well-crafted effort. It's very cool what they do to While My Guitar Gently
    Weeps (forming huge thunderous break-beats over the top)... and Julia is
    sampled in such a way, they cleverly construct an entirely new melody out of
    the guitar and John's voice (yes, his voice too) - forming a perfect
    backdrop for Jay-Z.

    They even create a whole new song out of "Can You Take Me Back Where I Came
    From". Inspired stuff.

    All I can say is....WOW!

    Lebowski, Feb 27, 2004
  8. Lebowski wrote:
    > All I can say is....WOW!

    yeah, it's ok.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://Dave.net.nz

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Feb 27, 2004
  9. Peter

    Robert Cooze Guest

    Lebowski wrote:

> [...]

    > sound etc all came from the White Album somewhere - all the source material
    > for the samples came from the White Album.
    >
    > I just think that if you're a Beatle fan and are prepared to listen to
    > anything with an open mind, it is well worth hearing. Paul did try
    > half-heartedly sampling old Beatles sounds with the Super Furry Animals
    > during his "Liverpool Sound Collage", but this Grey Album is a consistently
    > well-crafted effort. It's very cool what they do to While My Guitar Gently
    > Weeps (forming huge thunderous break-beats over the top)... and Julia is
    > sampled in such a way, they cleverly construct an entirely new melody out of
    > the guitar and John's voice (yes, his voice too) - forming a perfect
    > backdrop for Jay-Z.
    >
    > They even create a whole new song out of "Can You Take Me Back Where I Came

    Should not have, but I did, I downloaded it or most of it. listened to
    it and the samples sound flat mega distorted in other words just did not
    like it. :(

    there was a lot of work that has gone in to it but still has not changed
    my mind.

    music is a funny thing I have been to concerts where the performers
    stuffed up and still enjoyed my self then you hear it in recorded form
    and you think stink. you buy a couple of albums of a performer and wow
    go to there concert and think stink. Were an I leading I don't think I
    can buy this album any more thanks to the leagle troubles it is having
    and I don't think it can be preformed live ever so I cant realy go stink

    Today I am gonna listen to Bettohaven no 9 a 1970's recording that I
    have and I am gonna enjoy it. Then might listen to Jimmy Hendrix

    Robert Cooze, Feb 27, 2004