    but they aren't too low either (www.resellerratings.com)
    Thanks,

    Siddhartha
    Siddhartha Jain, Oct 13, 2004

  2. Siddhartha Jain

    BandHPhoto Guest

    <I am aware that grey market carries no warranty but for me, in India, US
    warranty is as good as no warranty.>

    If the camera has a manufacturer's US warranty, it is NOT "grey market."
    - --

    regards,
    Henry Posner/B&H Photo-Video
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com
    BandHPhoto, Oct 14, 2004

  3. Siddhartha Jain

    Rudi Cheow Guest

    > If the camera has a manufacturer's
    > US warranty, it is NOT "grey market."

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the OP's point was that a
    warranty that isn't valid in India means nothing to him. So if given
    the choice between a 300D with a manufacturer's US warranty
    (regardless of source), and a cheaper 300D without any warranty
    whatsoever, it would make more sense for him to go for the latter.

    Of course the legitimacy of 300Ds without any warranties is
    questionable (stolen? refurbished? returned?), but that is a different
    conversation.

    Nobody is disputing the definition of "grey market".

    Rudi Cheow, Oct 14, 2004