Greetings from Hove

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Jenny Raymond, Jan 31, 2004.

  1. Hi Sara, bet this is a suprise!! I've come to drop something off at Jenny's
    in this miserable weather and thought I'd try emailing you! You're probably
    going to dog club soon or have gone already - I can never remember what time
    it starts. You know what I was asking you the other day about making time up
    for appointments at work, well we've been told we have to. Needless to say
    we're all up in arms about it and Andrew (lovely man that I work with!) and
    I are asking to see something in black and white that says we must otherwise
    we're going to spend half our time making it up - pressure we don't need.
    The joys of work!! Thats my moan for the day. How are you, hope all is well,
    anyway I shall see you tonight!

    I thought you and your Mum might like this email that is going round at
    work - I can't forward it to you from there, a definite no no so I'll type
    it out for you which will take me 4 hours I'm that quick. Enjoy!!

    MEN ARE LIKE....

    Men are like........Laxatives......They irritate the shit out of you.

    Men are like........Bananas......The older they get, the less firm they are.

    Men are like........Vacations......They never seem to be long enough.

    Men are like........Weather......Nothing can be done to change them.

    Men are like........Blenders......You need one, but you're not quite sure
    why.

    Men are like........Chocolate bars.....Sweet, smooth and they usually head
    right for your hips.

    Men are like........Coffee......The best ones are rich, warm and can keep
    you up all night long.

    Men are like........Commercials......You can't believe a word they say.

    Men are like........Department Stores.....Their clothes are always half off.

    Men are like........Government Bonds......They take soooooooo long to
    mature.

    Men are like........Mascara......They usually run at the first sign of
    emotion.

    Men are like........Popcorn......They satisfy you, but only for a little
    while.

    Men are like........Snowstorms......You never know when they're coming, how
    many inches you'll get or how long it will last.

    Men are like........Lava Lamps......Fun to look at, but not very bright.

    Men are like........Parking spots......All the good ones are taken, the rest
    are handicapped.

    Only took 20 mins after all! Forward it on to Michelle and Nicola if you
    want, I don't know their addresses off hand.

    Joke courtesy of 10 year old son of a girl at work - How do you go in one
    hole and come out of three? When you put on a jumper!!
    Also, When is a fairy not a fairy? When she has her head down a pixies
    trousers and is a gobling!!

    Must go, hope this reaches you alright, let me know in case I get the urge
    to do it again! See you later this evening.
    Love Sue x.
    Jenny Raymond, Jan 31, 2004

  2. It was on Sat, 31 Jan 2004 13:28:51 +0000, just as I was halfway through a
    large jam doughnut, that Jenny Raymond wrote:

    > Hi Sara, bet this is a suprise!!

    Certainly is! Heh.

    > I've come to drop something off at Jenny's in this miserable weather
    > and thought I'd try emailing you!

    So why didn't you?

    > You're probably going to dog club soon or have gone already - I can
    > never remember what time it starts.

    3:30 last Thursday.

    > You know what I was asking you the other day about making time up for
    > appointments at work, well we've been told
    > we have to. Needless to say we're all up in arms about it and Andrew
    > (lovely man that I work with!) and I are asking to see something in
    > black and white that says we must otherwise we're going to spend half
    > our time making it up - pressure we don't need. The joys of work!! Thats
    > my moan for the day. How are you, hope all is well, anyway I shall see
    > you tonight!

    Hmmm...don't think so. I don't fancy coming all the way down to Hove for
    an evening.

    > I thought you and your Mum might like this email that is going round at
    > work - I can't forward it to you from there, a definite no no so I'll
    > type it out for you which will take me 4 hours I'm that quick. Enjoy!!

    <snip>

    > Only took 20 mins after all! Forward it on to Michelle and Nicola if you
    > want, I don't know their addresses off hand.

    You won't till tonight, & then you'll find she didn't get the email
    anyway because...you posted to a newsgroup!

    > Joke courtesy of 10 year old son of a girl at work - How do you go in
    > one hole and come out of three? When you put on a jumper!! Also, When is
    > a fairy not a fairy? When she has her head down a pixies trousers and is
    > a gobling!!

    Tsk, Tsk! What *do* they teach 10year olds these days?

    > Must go, hope this reaches you alright,

    Which it won't.....

    > let me know in case I get the urge to do it again!

    Oh, purrrlleeeese!

    >See you later this evening. Love Sue x.

    Heh.
    --
    Linux User #: 305646. http://counter.li.org/
    Using linux at home, since 1998
    William Poaster, Jan 31, 2004

  3. Jenny Raymond

    Miggsee Guest

    ~Posted and mailed (or should that be *maled*)~

    You posted this to an international newsgroup.
    <And I'm not going to say a thing about the male jokes!>

    Miggsee, Jan 31, 2004