    thanks,

    Don
    , Nov 10, 2005

  2. Justin Guest

    wrote on [10 Nov 2005 11:30:22 -0800]:
    > I am tempted to do a limited membership with Greencine to get films
    > netflix doesn't have. Has anyone tried it from the east coast this
    > year? A friend signed up a few years ago and the turnaround time was
    > unconscionable- watch a film on a friday and get a replacement thursday
    > or Friday of the next week- netflix may have problems, but not like
    > that. what's been your experience with Greencine from the east coast?
    > Can they do 3-4 day turnarounds now?

    What's unconscionable about a week turn around on getting films across
    the country when they tell you (or told you) when you sign up that it
    will take that long?

    As for better turn around these days, I have no idea. I was getting 4
    day turn around in Indiana.
    Justin, Nov 10, 2005

  3. Guest

    Sorry- Why is there only one warehouse in the entire country? That's
    the unconscionable part. What's the issue with not opening a second
    warehouse? That's how a company grows.

    He didn't stick with them long, I know that. I only know he was
    surprised with the turnaround.

    If you're getting 4-day turnaround time- mail on Saturday, get
    replacement Wednesday, then that's better.

    We are lucky to have an exotic video store locally, but I can't drive
    there for weekly rentals.

    Don
    , Nov 10, 2005
  4. Justin Guest

    wrote on [10 Nov 2005 11:50:58 -0800]:
    > Sorry- Why is there only one warehouse in the entire country? That's
    > the unconscionable part. What's the issue with not opening a second
    > warehouse? That's how a company grows.

    Because that's all they can afford to stock and run? Because they chose
    to grow slowly? Because the bulk of their mailings go to California
    anyway? It's not like it's free to double or triple your inventory and
    open more warehouses. Maybe they don't want to. They state pretty
    plainly on their site what to expect. It may not be how you would run
    it, but it's how they choose to and they tell you up front what is what.

    How that is unsonscionable I have no idea.

    > If you're getting 4-day turnaround time- mail on Saturday, get
    > replacement Wednesday, then that's better.

    No, I didn't say 4 day turn around, I said 4 days from when they ship.
    I was only with them a short time as well.
    Justin, Nov 10, 2005
  5. Guest

    I've used Greencine this year, and I experienced anywhere from 3 to 7
    day turnaround, depending on the day of the week. If I mailed my
    returns on Thurs or Friday, I could expect a new one on Monday or
    Tuesday. Mailing things on Mondays meant waiting until Friday or
    Saturday for the replacement. They provide good service. I used them as
    a supplement to Netflix until I had just four titles in my Greencine
    queue with orange status, so I quit. Availability status is color-coded
    on a scale of green to red.

    If I'm looking for a rare, or OOP title, a week isn't too long to wait
    for it.
    , Nov 10, 2005
  6. HellRazor Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >I am tempted to do a limited membership with Greencine to get films
    > netflix doesn't have. Has anyone tried it from the east coast this
    > year? A friend signed up a few years ago and the turnaround time was
    > unconscionable- watch a film on a friday and get a replacement thursday
    > or Friday of the next week- netflix may have problems, but not like
    > that. what's been your experience with Greencine from the east coast?
    > Can they do 3-4 day turnarounds now?
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > Don

    I live in Seattle and it takes about 4-6 days between the time I return a
    DVD and the time the next one arrives. They have a great selection but they
    are dog slow.
    HellRazor, Nov 11, 2005
  7. sanpablo Guest

    On 10 Nov 2005 11:30:22 -0800, wrote:

    >I am tempted to do a limited membership with Greencine to get films
    >netflix doesn't have. Has anyone tried it from the east coast this
    >year? A friend signed up a few years ago and the turnaround time was
    >unconscionable- watch a film on a friday and get a replacement thursday
    >or Friday of the next week- netflix may have problems, but not like
    >that. what's been your experience with Greencine from the east coast?
    >Can they do 3-4 day turnarounds now?
    >
    >thanks,
    >
    >Don

    I've been happy with their service. I'm on Long Island, NY and on the
    3 out at a time plan, I get 3 DVD's per week. It's a long wait but
    they have a good selection of hard to find titles which makes it worth
    it for me.
    sanpablo, Nov 11, 2005