    not mess with it?

    Thanks,

    Tom.
    Tom F, May 30, 2004

  2. Tom F

    °Mike° Guest

    If you have colour controls, either physical or on-screen,
    try them first. Otherwise, it's probably not worth the
    expense and hassle of having it looked at/repaired.

    On Sun, 30 May 2004 17:20:38 -0400, in
    <>
    Tom F scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, May 30, 2004

  3. Tom F wrote:

    > My other monitor now shows a green image, as if the blue ray gun's dead
    > (checked cable). Is there a way to fix it? Or should I buy a new monitor and
    > not mess with it?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Tom.

    Try it on another base unit/ try another monitor.

    Make sure it is nothing daft like the presets.

    Green means no red as well as no blue. So unlikely to be gun
    trouble.

    With new CRT monitors so cheap and second hand prices even
    less, it is probably not even worth an engineer's time to
    take the cover off.

    So, if you are sure it is the monitor, you will probably
    find it best to get a replacement.
    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=, May 30, 2004
  4. Tom F

    Reid Decker Guest

    I don't know where you are, but in my area, monitors sell for
    $5.00. Last Friday I bought one for $4.00 at a yard sale. I only bought one
    that didn't work, and that was with a tower, keyboard, and mouse, for
    $20.00..

    Reid Decker, May 31, 2004
  5. Tom F

    Tom F Guest

    Problem's fixed.

    While I was gone it (for some reason) got back to normal, although I'm positive
    the problem will come back.

    Also, the problem occurred instantaneously so it can't be a color profile or software
    related in general.

    It really does sound unlikely that two wouldn't work at the same time.
    What color would I have seen if only the blue gun broke?

    Thanks Mike, Palindr?me and John (who replied by email).

    Tom F, May 31, 2004
  6. Tom F

    Toolman Tim Guest

    True story ... just last week one of the women in the office had the same
    problem. She had moved her desk, rearranged her office, and the monitor was
    a sickly green. I didn't even bother calling her or crossing the street...I
    told her to plug the monitor back into the rear of the computer correctly.
    Cleared it right up. The cable was loose, and not all pins were connecting.

    It could be a bad connection or cable. Or it could be dying...

    Toolman Tim, May 31, 2004
  7. Tom F

    Tom F Guest

    Glad it worked for her :)

    But as I mentioned when first posting; I checked the cable.
    It's something with the monitor's internal working.

    Thanks, though :)

    "Toolman Tim" <ToolmanTim_at_charter_net_invalid> wrote in message news:...
    | True story ... just last week one of the women in the office had the same
    | problem. She had moved her desk, rearranged her office, and the monitor was
    | a sickly green. I didn't even bother calling her or crossing the street...I
    | told her to plug the monitor back into the rear of the computer correctly.
    | Cleared it right up. The cable was loose, and not all pins were connecting.
    |
    | It could be a bad connection or cable. Or it could be dying...
    |
    | "Tom F" <> wrote in message
    | > Problem's fixed.
    | >
    | > While I was gone it (for some reason) got back to normal, although I'm
    | positive
    | > the problem will come back.
    | >
    | > Also, the problem occurred instantaneously so it can't be a color profile
    | or software
    | > related in general.
    | >
    | > It really does sound unlikely that two wouldn't work at the same time.
    | > What color would I have seen if only the blue gun broke?
    | >
    | > Thanks Mike, Palindr?me and John (who replied by email).
    | >
    | > "Tom F" <> wrote in message
    | > | My other monitor now shows a green image, as if the blue ray gun's dead
    | > | (checked cable). Is there a way to fix it? Or should I buy a new monitor
    | and
    | > | not mess with it?
    | > |
    | > | Thanks,
    | > |
    | > | Tom.
    | > |
    | > |

    Tom F, May 31, 2004
  8. Tom F wrote:

    > It really does sound unlikely that two wouldn't work at the same time.
    > What color would I have seen if only the blue gun broke?

    Well, if you have R, G and B, and B's borked, you get R and G. That
    makes yellow with additive, rather than subtractive colorization.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    AOL Diary http://snipurl.com/aoldiary
    Blinky the Shark, May 31, 2004