    Was at monsters in motion 7 they're offering a set of the show,i'm
    worried it;s a hack job?,not licensed?.How does one find out these
    things?.I want pritine shows like Voyage is.

    teem, Jul 9, 2006

  2. teem

    jayembee Guest

    teem <> wrote:

    > Was at monsters in motion 7 they're offering a set of the show,
    > i'm worried it;s a hack job?,not licensed?

    It's a hack job; no licensed.

    There is no legitimate DVD release of the show, nor has there been any
    indication of one in the foreseeable future. Fox (who produced the
    show, and owns the rights to it) has only said that they don't have
    any current plans to do one. The general belief is that there are
    rights issues with the characters. Though Fox owns the series, the
    characters are still owned by George Trendle's Estate, so Fox would
    likely have to negotiate for a new license to put the show out on
    DVD.

    (The same problem is holding up BATMAN, which is owned by Fox, but
    the characters are owned by Warner subsidiary DC Comics.)

    > How does one find out these things?.I want pritine shows like
    > Voyage is.

    Rule of thumb is that if it's not available from major etailers (like
    Amazon or DVD Planet) or major retailers (like Best Buy or Wal-Mart),
    it's most likely not a legit release.

    You can also bookmark the site tvshowsondvd.com. While they do miss
    a fair number of titles (titles from Public Domain labels, for
    example, or relatively obscure non-American series), if it's a
    well-known series, and they don't have a DVD release listed, it's
    not a legit release.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Jul 9, 2006

  3. teem

    teem Guest

    On Sun, 09 Jul 2006 04:36:27 GMT, jayembee
    <> wrote:

    >teem <> wrote:
    >
    >> Was at monsters in motion 7 they're offering a set of the show,
    >> i'm worried it;s a hack job?,not licensed?

    >It's a hack job; no licensed.
    >
    >There is no legitimate DVD release of the show, nor has there been any
    >indication of one in the foreseeable future. Fox (who produced the
    >show, and owns the rights to it) has only said that they don't have
    >any current plans to do one. The general belief is that there are
    >rights issues with the characters. Though Fox owns the series, the
    >characters are still owned by George Trendle's Estate, so Fox would
    >likely have to negotiate for a new license to put the show out on
    >DVD.
    >
    >(The same problem is holding up BATMAN, which is owned by Fox, but
    >the characters are owned by Warner subsidiary DC Comics.)
    >
    >> How does one find out these things?.I want pritine shows like
    >> Voyage is.

    >Rule of thumb is that if it's not available from major etailers (like
    >Amazon or DVD Planet) or major retailers (like Best Buy or Wal-Mart),
    >it's most likely not a legit release.
    >
    >You can also bookmark the site tvshowsondvd.com. While they do miss
    >a fair number of titles (titles from Public Domain labels, for
    >example, or relatively obscure non-American series), if it's a
    >well-known series, and they don't have a DVD release listed, it's
    >not a legit release.
    >
    >-- jayembee

    So,you think this a ''at home'' job?,some dude cranking out
    dvds?,Theres gotta be some legit from this,no cable station runs all
    the Hornet eps.,where did all the epws. come from?.I'm calling
    monsters In motion tomorrow.

    teem, Jul 10, 2006
  4. teem

    jayembee Guest

    teem <> wrote:

    > jayembee <> wrote:
    >
    >> teem <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Was at monsters in motion 7 they're offering a set of the show,
    >>> i'm worried it;s a hack job?,not licensed?

    >>It's a hack job; no licensed.
    >>
    >> There is no legitimate DVD release of the show, nor has there been any
    >> indication of one in the foreseeable future. Fox (who produced the
    >> show, and owns the rights to it) has only said that they don't have
    >> any current plans to do one. The general belief is that there are
    >> rights issues with the characters. Though Fox owns the series, the
    >> characters are still owned by George Trendle's Estate, so Fox would
    >> likely have to negotiate for a new license to put the show out on
    >> DVD.
    >>
    >> (The same problem is holding up BATMAN, which is owned by Fox, but
    >> the characters are owned by Warner subsidiary DC Comics.)
    >>
    >>> How does one find out these things?.I want pritine shows like
    >>> Voyage is.

    >> Rule of thumb is that if it's not available from major etailers (like
    >> Amazon or DVD Planet) or major retailers (like Best Buy or Wal-Mart),
    >> it's most likely not a legit release.
    >>
    >> You can also bookmark the site tvshowsondvd.com. While they do miss
    >> a fair number of titles (titles from Public Domain labels, for
    >> example, or relatively obscure non-American series), if it's a
    >> well-known series, and they don't have a DVD release listed, it's
    >> not a legit release.
    >>

    > So,you think this a ''at home'' job?,some dude cranking out
    > dvds?,

    That pretty much sums it up, yes.

    > Theres gotta be some legit from this,no cable station runs all
    > the Hornet eps.,where did all the epws. come from?.

    (1) Yes, cable stations *do* run all of the episodes. I, for one,
    have tapes of all 26 episodes when they ran on FX about a dozen
    years ago. And all of them have run on Encore Action in the
    relatively recent past.

    (2) In addition to those two sources, collectors have a way of
    acquiring copies.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Jul 10, 2006
  5. teem

    gerry Guest

    Jayembee is right about the Encore Action channel showing them. I
    taped several episodes. The Green Hornet has Bruce Lee and good acting
    leads, but not much else, looking as if it were shot on a shoestring
    budget. The flat lighting and all around bad photography make the
    cheap production values look even cheaper. While Bruce Lee gets all
    the attention for his part in the show, Van Williams was well cast to
    be the Green Hornet. But it will be Bruce Lee's fame that will
    eventually get this second rate crime show (with first rate, badly used
    acting talent) on DVD. 20th Century Fox is probably already looking
    for any outtakes available of Bruce Lee as Kato on the Green Hornet,
    for inclusion on the Green Hornet DVD. Fox better rush, Van Williams
    is getting on in age, and they will need him for the background
    commentary, as most of the main people working on this series have gone
    to their reward, so they are not available.

    gerry, Jul 10, 2006
  6. teem

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <>, teem
    <> wrote:

    > So,you think this a ''at home'' job?,some dude cranking out
    > dvds?,Theres gotta be some legit from this,no cable station runs all
    > the Hornet eps.,where did all the epws. come from?.I'm calling
    > monsters In motion tomorrow.

    Could also be an overseas bootleg. Check to see if there's Chinese
    subtitles. If so, it's probably from Hong Kong.

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

    Invid Fan, Jul 11, 2006
  7. teem

    teem Guest

    On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 20:10:52 -0400, Invid Fan <>
    wrote:

    >In article <>, teem
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >> So,you think this a ''at home'' job?,some dude cranking out
    >> dvds?,Theres gotta be some legit from this,no cable station runs all
    >> the Hornet eps.,where did all the epws. come from?.I'm calling
    >> monsters In motion tomorrow.

    >Could also be an overseas bootleg. Check to see if there's Chinese
    >subtitles. If so, it's probably from Hong Kong.

    Well,I went for it.Talked to the guy,dont know if he was in charge,but
    he said the print source was good to above good,I took his word.This a
    strange tv show,some people like Williams,others like Lee,I think for
    what they had at the time & the comic craze movement,it came off
    pretty well.Anyone ever see the pilot of Dick Tracy?,with The Ventures
    playing the theme song?.

    teem, Jul 12, 2006
  8. teem

    Jordan Guest

    teem wrote:

    > So,you think this a ''at home'' job?,some dude cranking out
    > dvds?,Theres gotta be some legit from this,no cable station runs all
    > the Hornet eps.,where did all the epws. come from?.I'm calling
    > monsters In motion tomorrow.

    Most likely it's someone who downloaded the episodes from a Torrent
    file. I found several through Google using the search phrase "Green
    Hornet" +torrent

    - Jordan

    Jordan, Jul 13, 2006
  9. teem

    teem Guest

    On 13 Jul 2006 15:31:53 -0700, "Jordan" <> wrote:

    >teem wrote:
    >
    >> So,you think this a ''at home'' job?,some dude cranking out
    >> dvds?,Theres gotta be some legit from this,no cable station runs all
    >> the Hornet eps.,where did all the epws. come from?.I'm calling
    >> monsters In motion tomorrow.

    >Most likely it's someone who downloaded the episodes from a Torrent
    >file. I found several through Google using the search phrase "Green
    >Hornet" +torrent
    >
    >- Jordan

    Well,If it's real bad,back it goes.I'm trying to be pessimistic here
    fellas.

    teem, Jul 14, 2006
  10. teem

    iluvclassics

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Green Hornet DVD

    I picked up a set on ebay a few years back the set was pretty poor quality but I dealt with it. But just rececently I just picked up a new set from www.thevintageplayhouse.com Quality was good, I'm happy this should hold me over for a while!:damnmate:

    iluvclassics, Mar 11, 2008