    doubts about this claim, if I need to replace the compressed air can I
    would not want to have to go to the hassle of tracking down a GREEN CLEAN
    can where I can buy a JESSOPS can from the shop near my house.
    nigel, Sep 8, 2007

  2. On Sat, 8 Sep 2007 20:09:30 +0100, "nigel" <> wrote:

    >Brought a sensor cleaning kit to go with my new SLR. It's the GREEN CLEAN
    >kit with a mini vacuum\cleaner. It came from Jessops and they told me that
    >the compressed air powered vacuum cleaner will work with most types of
    >compressed air cans. Just checking here to see if anybody has any serious
    >doubts about this claim, if I need to replace the compressed air can I
    >would not want to have to go to the hassle of tracking down a GREEN CLEAN
    >can where I can buy a JESSOPS can from the shop near my house.

    After cleaning costs and time, I hope that all DSLR owners have enough left over
    to actually take some photos. If they can change their lenses fast enough to get
    that shot, that is, and only if the amount of atmospheric particulates allow for
    changing of those lenses. :)

    I am now starting to understand the fascination with DSLRs. They're like the
    expensive sports-car that remains safe in the collector's display garage. Only
    to be admired and maintained for the owner's pride. They serve very little other
    useful purpose. Because they can't actually be used for their intended purpose
    without fear of destroying what is valued. An enigmatic projection of the most
    meaningless and useless of human values. Though, on rare-occasion, they are
    taken out of their garages to be paraded around other sports-car owners at
    special events to see whose has the best carnauba wax-job. And only if that
    arena of trite shallowness and superficiality has been dusted to perfection
    prior to the event, of course.

    Absurdity Rules
    Absurdity Rules, Sep 8, 2007

  3. nigel

    JohnR66 Guest

    "Absurdity Rules" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 8 Sep 2007 20:09:30 +0100, "nigel" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Brought a sensor cleaning kit to go with my new SLR. It's the GREEN CLEAN
    >>kit with a mini vacuum\cleaner. It came from Jessops and they told me
    >>that
    >>the compressed air powered vacuum cleaner will work with most types of
    >>compressed air cans. Just checking here to see if anybody has any serious
    >>doubts about this claim, if I need to replace the compressed air can I
    >>would not want to have to go to the hassle of tracking down a GREEN CLEAN
    >>can where I can buy a JESSOPS can from the shop near my house.
    >>

    > After cleaning costs and time, I hope that all DSLR owners have enough
    > left over
    > to actually take some photos. If they can change their lenses fast enough
    > to get
    > that shot, that is, and only if the amount of atmospheric particulates
    > allow for
    > changing of those lenses. :)
    >
    > I am now starting to understand the fascination with DSLRs. They're like
    > the
    > expensive sports-car that remains safe in the collector's display garage.
    > Only
    > to be admired and maintained for the owner's pride. They serve very little
    > other
    > useful purpose. Because they can't actually be used for their intended
    > purpose
    > without fear of destroying what is valued. An enigmatic projection of the
    > most
    > meaningless and useless of human values. Though, on rare-occasion, they
    > are
    > taken out of their garages to be paraded around other sports-car owners at
    > special events to see whose has the best carnauba wax-job. And only if
    > that
    > arena of trite shallowness and superficiality has been dusted to
    > perfection
    > prior to the event, of course.
    >
    > Absurdity Rules

    What are us dSLR users supposed to do? Use the the noise reduction smeared,
    color fringing super zoom crap cams?
    Ever shoot RAW with a 500mm f/4 lens?
    Ever shoot high ISOs? (don't tell me to try a Fuji F30. Compared to the
    Nikon D50 on dpreview, the SLR blew it away at high ISOs).
    Ever shoot super wideangle?

    dSLRs are versetile, much more so than some sports car. Bad analogy.
    John
    JohnR66, Sep 8, 2007
  4. nigel

    Mark B. Guest

    > After cleaning costs and time, I hope that all DSLR owners have enough
    > left over
    > to actually take some photos. If they can change their lenses fast enough
    > to get
    > that shot, that is, and only if the amount of atmospheric particulates
    > allow for
    > changing of those lenses. :)
    >
    > I am now starting to understand the fascination with DSLRs. They're like
    > the
    > expensive sports-car that remains safe in the collector's display garage.
    > Only
    > to be admired and maintained for the owner's pride. They serve very little
    > other
    > useful purpose. Because they can't actually be used for their intended
    > purpose
    > without fear of destroying what is valued. An enigmatic projection of the
    > most
    > meaningless and useless of human values. Though, on rare-occasion, they
    > are
    > taken out of their garages to be paraded around other sports-car owners at
    > special events to see whose has the best carnauba wax-job. And only if
    > that
    > arena of trite shallowness and superficiality has been dusted to
    > perfection
    > prior to the event, of course.
    >
    > Absurdity Rules

    Yes, your statements are pretty absurd, thanks for recognizing that.
    Mark B., Sep 8, 2007
  5. nigel

    MadHatter Guest

    On Sep 8, 12:51 pm, Absurdity Rules <> wrote:
    > On Sat, 8 Sep 2007 20:09:30 +0100, "nigel" <> wrote:
    > >Brought a sensor cleaning kit to go with my new SLR. It's the GREEN CLEAN
    > >kit with a mini vacuum\cleaner. It came from Jessops and they told me that
    > >the compressed air powered vacuum cleaner will work with most types of
    > >compressed air cans. Just checking here to see if anybody has any serious
    > >doubts about this claim, if I need to replace the compressed air can I
    > >would not want to have to go to the hassle of tracking down a GREEN CLEAN
    > >can where I can buy a JESSOPS can from the shop near my house.

    > After cleaning costs and time, I hope that all DSLR owners have enough left over
    > to actually take some photos. If they can change their lenses fast enough to get
    > that shot, that is, and only if the amount of atmospheric particulates allow for
    > changing of those lenses. :)
    >
    > I am now starting to understand the fascination with DSLRs. They're like the
    > expensive sports-car that remains safe in the collector's display garage. Only
    > to be admired and maintained for the owner's pride. They serve very little other
    > useful purpose. Because they can't actually be used for their intended purpose
    > without fear of destroying what is valued. An enigmatic projection of the most
    > meaningless and useless of human values. Though, on rare-occasion, they are
    > taken out of their garages to be paraded around other sports-car owners at
    > special events to see whose has the best carnauba wax-job. And only if that
    > arena of trite shallowness and superficiality has been dusted to perfection
    > prior to the event, of course.
    >
    > Absurdity Rules

    I don't have any fear of destroying my cameras, and I've changed
    lenses thousands of times in very dusty environments. What's so
    difficult about cleaning the dust when necessary? Of course I
    wouldn't know anything about collecting fine automobiles either, since
    I only see them in terms of practical transportation.
    MadHatter, Sep 9, 2007
  6. nigel

    Allen Guest

    Yes, absurdity does rule--or tries to, by selecting a new name every
    day. Plonk.
    Allen, Sep 9, 2007