    BTW I've tried a few different media players,and it's the same. I've also
    downloaded Gspot and it says the codec isnt installed to play the movie. (
    that's after i uninstalled the codecs)

    Bulld0g, Oct 26, 2003

  2. Bulld0g

    Bulld0g Guest

    "Bulld0g" <> wrote in message
    news:bnh9p6$e2h$...
    > I downloaded the latest nimo codec pack and xvid codec.When i play a movie
    > it has a green cast over it.I've uninstalled the codecs but it's still the
    > same.Is it possible i havent completely deleted the codecs.I've look in

    the
    > registery and there are no entries pointing toward the codec that i can

    see.
    > Movies played ok before i installed xvid and updated nimo. Anyone any idea
    > what it can be.
    > BTW I've tried a few different media players,and it's the same. I've also
    > downloaded Gspot and it says the codec isnt installed to play the movie. (
    > that's after i uninstalled the codecs)

    That stumped a lot of people that question

    Bulld0g, Oct 26, 2003

  3. Bulld0g

    Ionizer Guest

    "Bulld0g" <> wrote in message
    > I downloaded the latest nimo codec pack and xvid codec.When i play a movie
    > it has a green cast over it.I've uninstalled the codecs but it's still the
    > same.Is it possible i havent completely deleted the codecs.I've look in

    the
    > registery and there are no entries pointing toward the codec that i can

    see.
    > Movies played ok before i installed xvid and updated nimo. Anyone any idea
    > what it can be.
    > BTW I've tried a few different media players,and it's the same. I've also
    > downloaded Gspot and it says the codec isnt installed to play the movie. (
    > that's after i uninstalled the codecs)

    Try this, now that you've uninstalled all the codec packs. Just install
    this one codec and see how the movie file plays:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow/ Let me know how that works out, as
    there is another possible solution when it comes to XVID movies..

    Regards,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Oct 26, 2003
  4. Bulld0g

    Rob Guest

    "Bulld0g" <> wrote in message
    > I downloaded the latest nimo codec pack and xvid codec.When i play a movie
    > it has a green cast over it.

    [snip]

    What do you expect when you watch "The Matrix"?

    Rob, Oct 27, 2003
  5. Bulld0g

    MrToad Guest

    "Bulld0g" <> Ran in the back door and shouted

    > "Ionizer" <> wrote in message
    >> "Bulld0g" <> wrote in message
    >> > I downloaded the latest nimo codec pack and xvid codec.When i play

    > movie
    >> > it has a green cast over it.I've uninstalled the codecs but it's
    >> > still

    > the
    >> > same.Is it possible i havent completely deleted the codecs.I've
    >> > look in

    >> the
    >> > registery and there are no entries pointing toward the codec that i
    >> > can

    >> see.
    >> > Movies played ok before i installed xvid and updated nimo. Anyone
    >> > any

    > idea
    >> > what it can be.
    >> > BTW I've tried a few different media players,and it's the same.
    >> > I've

    > also
    >> > downloaded Gspot and it says the codec isnt installed to play the
    >> > movie.

    > (
    >> > that's after i uninstalled the codecs)

    >> Try this, now that you've uninstalled all the codec packs. Just
    >> install this one codec and see how the movie file plays:
    >> http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow/ Let me know how that works
    >> out,

    > as
    >> there is another possible solution when it comes to XVID movies..
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> Ian.

    > It's still the same Ian.

    Have you tried resetting the video overlay controls for your vid card
    back to default?
    Maybe the codec altered the default settings....

    --
    MrToad

    MrToad, Oct 27, 2003
  6. Bulld0g

    Bulld0g Guest

    "Ionizer" <> wrote in message
    > "Bulld0g" <> wrote in message
    > > It's still the same Ian.

    > The other thing, which did work for me in a couple of instances, was to

    open
    > the movie file with this utility:
    > http://www.divx-digest.com/software/avifourcc.html and change both entries
    > from "XVID" to "DIVX." I am at a loss to explain what this does, but if

    it
    > doesn't work on your file you can simply re-open the file with the FourCC
    > changer and set both entries back to XVID.
    >
    > This procedure was recommended to me by someone in another newsgroup and

    it
    > did enable me to play some previously-problematic avi files. The "FourCC
    > Code Changer," as I recall, is a standalone utility requiring no install.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Ian.

    Nope that doesn't work neither. It's as if the codec hasn't been deleted
    properly.

    Bulld0g, Oct 27, 2003
  7. Bulld0g

    BW Guest

    could the video itself is damage? try to play some other videos and see what
    happens.

    BW, Oct 31, 2003