Green Acres - Season 2 DVD release date

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Lee Roth, Nov 23, 2004.

  1. Lee Roth

    Lee Roth Guest

    Lee Roth, Nov 23, 2004

  2. Lee Roth

    Bill Guest

    Bill, Nov 23, 2004

  3. That's great! I never even laid eyes on Green Acres until the DVD
    release and the special price pair up with Mr. Ed by Best Buy.

    I really liked the first season of GA and hoped they get to putting out
    season 2.

    Now, if only MGM would get out The Patty Duke Show.

    Mike

    Michael Rogers, Nov 23, 2004
  4. Lee Roth

    Brian Guest

    (Lee Roth) wrote:

    >March 8th, 2005 is the release date.
    >
    >See http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2489
    >(or http://tinyurl.com/6bqxr) for details, box picture,
    >etc.
    >
    >Note: I (just now) received email notification for this because
    >I signed up at http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/ and subscribed
    >to the Green Acres 'notification list'. Nice to get a
    >notice!!

    It amazing what gets released on DVD these days. I guess "Petticoat
    Junction" will be next.
    The Beverley Hillbillies and Lost in Space season 1 have also recently
    been released on DVD.

    Regards Brian
    Brian, Nov 24, 2004
  5. Brian <> wrote:
    > It amazing what gets released on DVD these days. I guess "Petticoat
    > Junction" will be next.
    > The Beverley Hillbillies and Lost in Space season 1 have also recently
    > been released on DVD.

    The collective term around here is "Shit on a Shingle"... I guess anything
    you can scoop up with a mastering station is now deemed worthy of packaging
    up.
    Shenanigunner, Nov 24, 2004
  6. Lee Roth

    luminos Guest

    "Shenanigunner" <> wrote in message
    > Brian <> wrote:
    >> It amazing what gets released on DVD these days. I guess "Petticoat
    >> Junction" will be next.
    >> The Beverley Hillbillies and Lost in Space season 1 have also recently
    >> been released on DVD.

    > The collective term around here is "Shit on a Shingle"... I guess anything
    > you can scoop up with a mastering station is now deemed worthy of
    > packaging
    > up.

    Indeed? I guess you were thrilled with the crap Matrix and crap Star Wars.
    Your comments are worthless dribble.
    luminos, Nov 24, 2004
  7. Lee Roth

    Brian Guest

    "luminos" <> wrote:

    >"Shenanigunner" <> wrote in message
    >> Brian <> wrote:
    >>> It amazing what gets released on DVD these days. I guess "Petticoat
    >>> Junction" will be next.
    >>> The Beverley Hillbillies and Lost in Space season 1 have also recently
    >>> been released on DVD.

    >> The collective term around here is "Shit on a Shingle"... I guess anything
    >> you can scoop up with a mastering station is now deemed worthy of
    >> packaging
    >> up.

    >Indeed? I guess you were thrilled with the crap Matrix and crap Star Wars.
    >Your comments are worthless dribble.

    If your refering to my comment then your misunderstanding what I said.

    Regards Brian
    Brian, Nov 24, 2004
  8. Lee Roth

    Jon Purkey Guest

    Jon Purkey, Nov 24, 2004
  9. In article <>,
    says...
    > On 22 Nov 2004 17:30:05 -0800, (Lee Roth) wrote:
    >
    > >March 8th, 2005 is the release date.
    > >
    > >See http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2489
    > >(or http://tinyurl.com/6bqxr) for details, box picture,
    > >etc.

    > Good News! I hate the way TV Land chops the 25-26 minute episodes
    > down to 22 minutes.

    Much worse than editing is time compression. Some shows are so sped up
    it's painful to watch the jerkiness, or listen to the pops on continuous
    tones. I stopped watching Get Smart because of that.

    law!!
    http://home.att.net/~andyross
    Andrew Rossmann, Nov 24, 2004
  10. Lee Roth

    Bob Flaminio Guest

    Shenanigunner wrote:
    > The collective term around here is "Shit on a Shingle"... I guess
    > anything you can scoop up with a mastering station is now deemed
    > worthy of packaging up.

    And why not? Media cost for DVDs is minimal. The shows are already done
    and in the can. Why not release whatever happens to be lying around?
    Even if you only sell a few thousand copies, it's probably still a
    profitable venture.

    The only thing precluding a DVD release for every freakin' TV show ever
    made would be a robust video-on-demand system. The actual physical
    manifestation of a "disc" is secondary to just having these programs
    available to anyone who wants to see them.

    --
    Bob
    Bob Flaminio, Nov 28, 2004
  11. Bob Flaminio wrote:
    > Shenanigunner wrote:
    >
    >>The collective term around here is "Shit on a Shingle"... I guess
    >>anything you can scoop up with a mastering station is now deemed
    >>worthy of packaging up.

    > And why not? Media cost for DVDs is minimal. The shows are already done
    > and in the can. Why not release whatever happens to be lying around?
    > Even if you only sell a few thousand copies, it's probably still a
    > profitable venture.

    Also seeing as the corporatization of UHF stations has practically wiped
    vintage syndicated reruns off our screens, and/or confined them to cable
    ghettos--
    Meaning, if you're a studio and your classic rerun doesn't happen to be
    showing on Nick TVLand or Hallmark Channel, you gotta get a square
    royalties meal from somewhere...

    Derek Janssen
    Derek Janssen, Nov 28, 2004
  12. Lee Roth

    Lee Roth Guest

    Jon Purkey <> wrote in message news:<>...

    > Good News! I hate the way TV Land chops the 25-26 minute episodes
    > down to 22 minutes.

    Yea, most cable channels aren't too kind to some of the old shows.
    Hawaii Five-O (on Hallmark irregularly) is hacked up to permit
    more commercials.
    Lee Roth, Nov 29, 2004