    I ordered from DeepDiscountDVD and it hasn't shipped yet. DVDEmpire shows
    that they are out of stock. Has anyone gotten theirs, or was there a delay
    in the release of it?

    JAM, Jan 17, 2004

  2. JAM

    Bill Guest

    I purchased the Green Acres set from Best Buy's website on Sunday--it
    arrived yesterday.

    Bill, Jan 17, 2004

  3. JAM

    Guest

    On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 08:43:26 GMT, "JAM" <>
    wrote:

    >I ordered from DeepDiscountDVD and it hasn't shipped yet. DVDEmpire shows
    >that they are out of stock. Has anyone gotten theirs, or was there a delay
    >in the release of it?

    I got mine from Netflix 3 days ago

    , Jan 17, 2004
  4. JAM

    jayembee Guest

    "JAM" <> wrote:

    > I ordered from DeepDiscountDVD and it hasn't shipped yet.
    > DVDEmpire shows that they are out of stock. Has anyone
    > gotten theirs, or was there a delay in the release of it?

    Both GREEN ACRES and MISTER ED were released last Tuesday
    as scheduled. I picked up my copies from a local Best Buy.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Jan 17, 2004
  5. JAM

    luminos Guest

    Amazon.com shipped mine the same day as ordered.

    luminos, Jan 17, 2004
  6. I ordered it on the Best Buy double deal with Mr. Ed and it shipped
    yesterday.

    Don't get too worried about the temporary out of stock at DDD. One of
    the ways they keep prices down is to anticipate demand and order
    accordingly. If they are wrong (like they were when I got my Space:1999
    discs from them)then they have to get more stock.

    They probabaly underordered Green Acres and now have to get more.

    Mike

    Michael Rogers, Jan 17, 2004
  7. JAM

    djskyler Guest

    Re: Green Acres - Got Mine and here are the specs

    "JAM" wrote in message news:OA6Ob.69058$...
    > I ordered from DeepDiscountDVD and it hasn't shipped yet. DVDEmpire shows
    > that they are out of stock. Has anyone gotten theirs, or was there a

    delay
    > in the release of it?

    I got mine Wednesday at a Best Buy retail outlet, couldn't resist also
    picking up the "Best of Mr. Ed" also due to the special sale they had (where
    if you buy both Mr. Ed is only about $8). I was just in time to on
    Wednesday morning as I nabbed their very last Green Acres.

    I was slightly concerned at the Green Acres packaging explaining that each
    disc featured 16 episodes, as it sounded highly compressed, video-wise.
    When I got them home I discovered that the discs are double-sided, thus each
    side has only 8 episodes.

    Of course, being double-sided, I consider these discs to be a bit more
    fragile than the single-sided variety (more danger of scratching or
    whatnot). The packaging is a foldout booklet with hard plastic
    snap-holders. On both sets, I notice the left holder holds the disc a bit
    too tightly, and taking it in and out poses a real threat of actually
    breaking the disc (which has happened to me). Thus my decision to put the
    discs into separate jewel cases and not the original package.

    The only printing on the discs is of course on the inner black ring, where
    it says the show name and disc one or two. What they forget to insert was
    whether you are looking at side A of B of the disc, so there are going to be
    some of us having to get back up from our chairs when we see we have the
    wrong menu.

    Also, it is interesting to see that although Green Acres and Mr. Ed are
    retail priced the same, the Mr. Ed set has only 21 "best of" episodes. MGM
    Home Video can do what they want, but the difference sticks out when you
    release two similar titles on the same day with near identical packaging and
    menus, but one is only 2/3 the length of the other.

    The menus are somewhat bizarre. On the first page of each, you get some
    cute little animated graphics with only one menu choice - "Episode
    Selection". I don't know if it constitutes a real menu when there is only
    one choice - of course the only possible way to move on is to hit the enter
    button. But I must add that the selection menu is quite nice, as you scroll
    across the episode numbers, you get a short description of the plot of each
    chapter.

    But beyond these minor complaints, I'm really happy with both sets. I
    wasn't planning on getting Mr. Ed, but now I remember that it is one of
    those shows where excellent direction and perfomances make up for its weak
    scenario. The Ed character is similar to Alf in that he is more clever than
    the humans, but very much like a beatnik in his ambition. It's strange to
    see how often the bewildered Wilbur will admit that he has a talking horse,
    always having to retract later with Ed's help.

    Green Acres has, of course, been my on the top of my TV want-list for years.
    Having the complete season is great because the episodes build on one
    another, so it is like watching a very long, funny movie. The Petticoat
    Junction cast appear frequently in these episodes, so I wonder if that show
    will ever make it to DVD.

    At their low prices, these sets are a must-buy.

    djskyler, Jan 19, 2004
  8. JAM

    Bill Guest

    Re: Green Acres - Got Mine and here are the specs

    > The only printing on the discs is of course on the inner black ring, where
    > it says the show name and disc one or two. What they forget to insert was
    > whether you are looking at side A of B of the disc, so there are going to

    be
    > some of us having to get back up from our chairs when we see we have the
    > wrong menu.

    Side identifiers are on the hub of the discs, but in a very hard-to-spot
    fashion. To the right of the red "STANDARD" lettering on each DVD is the
    catalog number for the release. A or B will be at the end of that number,
    denoting the side of the disc.

    Bill, Jan 19, 2004
  9. JAM

    "Bill" <> wrote in message

    > > The only printing on the discs is of course on the inner black ring,

    where
    > > it says the show name and disc one or two. What they forget to insert

    was
    > > whether you are looking at side A of B of the disc, so there are going

    > be
    > > some of us having to get back up from our chairs when we see we have the
    > > wrong menu.

    > Side identifiers are on the hub of the discs, but in a very hard-to-spot
    > fashion. To the right of the red "STANDARD" lettering on each DVD is the
    > catalog number for the release. A or B will be at the end of that number,
    > denoting the side of the disc.

    I see them now, thanks!

    djskyler, Jan 19, 2004
  10. Re: Green Acres - Got Mine and here are the specs

    I was on the fence about getting both of these (especially since I never
    really had a chance to see Green Acres)but I sort of wanted to get Mr.
    Ed and the Best Buy deal was too good to pass up.

    Mike

    Michael Rogers, Jan 19, 2004