    landscape??

    Thanks!
    Frank C.

    Frankc, May 31, 2005

  2. Frankc

    [BnH] Guest

    The 12 Apostles :)

    =bob=

    [BnH], May 31, 2005

  3. Frankc

    Jeff Guest

    The Grampians
    The Great Ocean Road
    Cape Otway

    Jeff, May 31, 2005
  4. Frankc

    Jeff R Guest

    "Frankc" <> wrote in message
    > Hi there
    >
    > Can anybody recommend great photo spots in country Victoria (Australia)

    with
    > opportunities to take pics in all photographic styles, but particularly
    > landscape??
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Frank C.

    The Hume Highway, leading to Sydney.

    (sorry - couldn't resist)

    --
    Jeff R.

    Jeff R, May 31, 2005
  5. Frankc

    Mike N Guest

    The High Country of the Alps.........but dress warmly at this time of the
    year !!

    Mike N, May 31, 2005
  6. Frankc

    Guest

    I have a few favourites, but they're kinda secret. ;) I can give you
    some generic ideas though...

    - Pick an area you like, then ask some locals if there are any
    interesting spots to visit.

    - Go for a drive and keep a keen eye out for any signs pointing to
    features. They won't necessarily be huge green or brown vicroads signs.
    Don't be afraid to explore side roads either. I've discovered a couple
    of great locations this way.

    - Buy a Vicroads country Melways which may also have some hints (it
    shows rivers and mountains, for example) and as a bonus you'll never
    get lost.

    - If you find a major feature, look around for other things too. Here's
    somewhere I visit occasionally and I've only ever concentrated on the
    waterfall. Last time there was very little water, so I had to find
    other things of interest... and I'm amazed that I had never noticed
    them before:

    http://satin.sensation.net.au/rowan/20050513_0674.jpg

    , May 31, 2005
  7. Frankc

    Mick Brown Guest

    "Frankc" <> wrote in

    > Hi there
    >
    > Can anybody recommend great photo spots in country Victoria
    > (Australia) with opportunities to take pics in all photographic
    > styles, but particularly landscape??
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Frank C.

    I always enjoy the 12 Apostles, and there are plenty of spots around Vic.

    Here are some I prepared earlier

    http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=17963

    Mick Brown
    www.photo.net/photos/mlbrown

    Mick Brown, Jun 4, 2005
  8. Frankc

    Jeff R Guest

    "Mick Brown" <> wrote in message
    > "Frankc" <> wrote in
    >
    > > Hi there
    > >
    > > Can anybody recommend great photo spots in country Victoria
    > > (Australia) with opportunities to take pics in all photographic
    > > styles, but particularly landscape??
    > >
    > > Thanks!
    > > Frank C.
    > >

    > I always enjoy the 12 Apostles, and there are plenty of spots around Vic.
    >
    > Here are some I prepared earlier
    >
    > http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=17963

    There's some really nice examples of using sunlight there.
    Great work, Michael. Congrats.

    --
    Jeff R.

    Jeff R, Jun 4, 2005
  9. Frankc

    Mick Brown Guest

    "Jeff R" <> wrote in

    > "Mick Brown" <> wrote in message
    >> "Frankc" <> wrote in
    >>
    >> > Hi there
    >> >
    >> > Can anybody recommend great photo spots in country Victoria
    >> > (Australia) with opportunities to take pics in all photographic
    >> > styles, but particularly landscape??
    >> >
    >> > Thanks!
    >> > Frank C.
    >> >

    >> I always enjoy the 12 Apostles, and there are plenty of spots around
    >> Vic.
    >>
    >> Here are some I prepared earlier
    >>
    >> http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=17963

    > There's some really nice examples of using sunlight there.
    > Great work, Michael. Congrats.
    >
    > --
    > Jeff R.

    Why thankye muchly

    Mick

    Mick Brown, Jun 4, 2005
  10. Frankc

    Jeff R Guest

    "Mick Brown" <> wrote in message
    > "Jeff R" <> wrote in
    > >> http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=17963

    > > There's some really nice examples of using sunlight there.
    > > Great work, Michael. Congrats.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Jeff R.
    > >

    > Why thankye muchly
    >
    > Mick

    Welcome.

    In that last half hour before sunset (rarely sunrise), when all the treetops
    go golden brown and the bare sandstone just *glows*...

    Where a scrubby bush scene suddenly takes on Hans Heysen-esque
    proportions...

    When the sulphur-crested white cockatoos go screaming overhead like
    amplified banshees...

    When I'm prompted to think yet again: "Gadzooks, I'm glad I live here.."

    When the *really* good light only lasts for about 5 minutes (if that)....

    How is it that I'm *always* without my camera?

    ====

    I'm guessing, Mick, that you were not there at that time by *accident*, no?

    --
    Jeff R.

    Jeff R, Jun 4, 2005

  11. >> Can anybody recommend great photo spots in country Victoria
    >> (Australia) with opportunities to take pics in all photographic
    >> styles, but particularly landscape??

    I just received the latest issue of "Royal Auto" the RACV magazine and there
    is a good article on the Otway ranges, some of the best photo ops in the
    "WORLD".

    Closer to home you could try the Dandenong's, at this time of the year
    (Autumn) the colours are fantastic.

    Next go to Gippsland and drive through the Stresleki ranges ( the range of
    hills between the Princes Hwy and the South Gippsland Hwy) mostly farming
    but some fantastic valleys and creeks.

    Wilson's Prom is usually another good spot but I'm not sure how much damage
    was done by the recent fire.

    Now going North West into the "Big Desert" not the sandy waste land most
    people expect but lots of scrub covered dunes and twisted and knarled stumpy
    trees, amazing wild flowers during spring, not like West Australia and you
    need to look for them but they are there.

    If in about 200 years you have photoed out these spots then give me a call
    and I can tell you more.

    Remember Anyone can look but only a few can SEE.

    First go to a library and find a book on art composition and pick out a few
    basic rules and apply them to your photographs

    Good luck and good shooting
    Perrian

    Perrian Robertson, Jun 4, 2005
  12. Frankc

    Mick Brown Guest

    "Jeff R" <> wrote in message

    > "Mick Brown" <> wrote in message
    > > "Jeff R" <> wrote in
    > > >

    > > > There's some really nice examples of using sunlight there.
    > > > Great work, Michael. Congrats.
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Jeff R.
    > > >

    > > Why thankye muchly
    > >
    > > Mick

    > Welcome.
    >
    > In that last half hour before sunset (rarely sunrise), when all the

    treetops
    > go golden brown and the bare sandstone just *glows*...
    >
    > Where a scrubby bush scene suddenly takes on Hans Heysen-esque
    > proportions...
    >
    > When the sulphur-crested white cockatoos go screaming overhead like
    > amplified banshees...
    >
    > When I'm prompted to think yet again: "Gadzooks, I'm glad I live here.."
    >
    > When the *really* good light only lasts for about 5 minutes (if that)....
    >
    > How is it that I'm *always* without my camera?
    >
    > ====
    >
    > I'm guessing, Mick, that you were not there at that time by *accident*,

    no?

    > --
    > Jeff R.

    I usually try to plan my visits for the right time of the day.

    Mick

    Mick Brown, Jun 4, 2005