Great news! Sigma SD1 is only $7000!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by RichA, May 26, 2011.

  1. RichA

    RichA Guest

    Ha ha ha!

    luminous-landscape.com

    Sigma remains in the news. Firstly, while there has been no change in
    the SD1 camera's MSLP of $9,700 the company has pointed out that (in
    the U.S at least) the retail price is actually $6,899, and some
    retailers have started listing it at this price.
     
    RichA, May 26, 2011
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. RichA

    nospam Guest

    In article
    <>,
    RichA <> wrote:

    > Ha ha ha!
    >
    > luminous-landscape.com
    >
    > Sigma remains in the news. Firstly, while there has been no change in
    > the SD1 camera's MSLP of $9,700 the company has pointed out that (in
    > the U.S at least) the retail price is actually $6,899, and some
    > retailers have started listing it at this price.


    why is this surprising?

    street price is almost always less than msrp, especially for sigma.

    the only unusual thing is that sigma feels the need to point it out,
    which means they are well aware that the price is ridiculous.
     
    nospam, May 26, 2011
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. RichA

    Mike Guest

    On 26/05/2011 6:09 PM, nospam wrote:
    > In article
    > <>,
    > RichA<> wrote:
    >
    >> Ha ha ha!
    >>
    >> luminous-landscape.com
    >>
    >> Sigma remains in the news. Firstly, while there has been no change in
    >> the SD1 camera's MSLP of $9,700 the company has pointed out that (in
    >> the U.S at least) the retail price is actually $6,899, and some
    >> retailers have started listing it at this price.

    >
    > why is this surprising?
    >
    > street price is almost always less than msrp, especially for sigma.
    >
    > the only unusual thing is that sigma feels the need to point it out,
    > which means they are well aware that the price is ridiculous.
    >

    The marketplace will actually sort this out for Sigma. When they don't
    sell at USD $7,000. The camera spec wise is a Canon Rebel, D5100 class
    camera.
     
    Mike, May 27, 2011
    #3
  4. RichA

    RichA Guest

    Re: Great news! Sigma SD1 is only $7000!

    On May 26, 7:23 pm, Mike <> wrote:
    > On 26/05/2011 6:09 PM, nospam wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > > In article
    > > <>,
    > > RichA<>  wrote:

    >
    > >> Ha ha ha!

    >
    > >> luminous-landscape.com

    >
    > >> Sigma remains in the news. Firstly, while there has been no change in
    > >> the SD1 camera's MSLP of $9,700 the company has pointed out that (in
    > >> the U.S at least) the retail price is actually $6,899, and some
    > >> retailers have started listing it at this price.

    >
    > > why is this surprising?

    >
    > > street price is almost always less than msrp, especially for sigma.

    >
    > > the only unusual thing is that sigma feels the need to point it out,
    > > which means they are well aware that the price is ridiculous.

    >
    >  >
    > The marketplace will actually sort this out for Sigma. When they don't
    > sell at USD $7,000. The camera spec wise is a Canon Rebel, D5100 class
    > camera.


    For that price, they should have provided a machined titanium body, or
    something to differentiate it from everything else, aside from the
    Foveon sensor.
     
    RichA, May 27, 2011
    #4
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. The 5th Quincunx

    Re: Zalman 7000-Cu or 7000-AlCu

    The 5th Quincunx, Jun 22, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    3,047
    KahKeeNang
    Jul 18, 2003
  2. John Smith

    Re: Zalman 7000-Cu or 7000-AlCu

    John Smith, Jun 24, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    752
    John Smith
    Jun 24, 2003
  3. George Preddy

    Sigma/Foveon change their tune (great technical article)

    George Preddy, Oct 27, 2003, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    555
    Views:
    6,839
    imbsysop
    Dec 27, 2003
  4. William Graham
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    417
    Tony Spadaro
    Aug 23, 2004
  5. floffy
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    619
    floffy
    Sep 20, 2009
Loading...

Share This Page