Great News From Avg, Update to v 7.1 coming Options

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by kenny, Oct 28, 2005.

  1. kenny

    kenny Guest

    http://help.lockergnome.com/index.php?showtopic=40160

    Some news that is interesting
    -kenny www.computerboom.com

    --- AVG Anti-Virus Update ---
    (10/20/2005)

    ********************************
    ** AVG Anti-Virus 7.0 **
    ********************************

    --- information about Update ---

    Update Summary:

    Grisoft announces the release of AVG Anti-Virus 7.1, the latest version
    of its award-winning AVG Anti-Virus software. All current AVG customers
    will able to download the upgrade to the new 7.1 version through
    the standard update process. To ensure that all customers are able
    to take advantage of the full functionality offered by AVG 7.1 as soon
    as possible, the upgrade will be available as two updates:
    a "Recommended Update" available today, which will include program
    components, and a second update available on Monday, October 24,
    which will include additional components.

    Among the most important new features you will find
    * Detection of potentially unwanted applications.
    * Support for Windows XP 64-bit Edition
    * Additional configuration options for the AVG Resident Shield
    * Improved support for screen reader programs
    * Further reduction of update package size
    * Improved automatic configuration wizard for the AVG Firewall
    * And more - extended email scanning options, additional event
    history logging, extended system area test options

    AVG Anti-Virus currently protects over 25 million computers worldwide.

    Update your AVG Anti-Virus 7.0 using one of the following methods:

    - Use the Update feature in AVG Anti-Virus 7.0 to perform your
    update - select "Internet", and AVG will prompt you with the
    update files appropriate for your installation.

    - Use the appropriate link from below to download the Update file
    to your hard drive. Then access the Update feature
    in AVG Anti-Virus 7.0 - select "Folder" and indicate the location
    of the Update file which you have downloaded.

    Update file for all Program versions (size 2262218 bytes):
    http://www.grisoft.cz/softw/70/update/u7fwf360w1.bin

    Update file for all Program versions (size 6742409 bytes):
    http://www.grisoft.cz/softw/70/update/u7f360w0.bin

    Update file for all Program versions (size 2607067 bytes):
    http://www.grisoft.cz/softw/70/update/u7lngextf359w1.bin

    Update file for all Program versions (size 1334408 bytes):
    http://www.grisoft.cz/softw/70/update/u7hlpf359w1.bin

    All available Update files, including previous versions,
    may be found at the following link:
    http://www.grisoft.com/update/index.php?lng=com

    --
    GRISOFT

    HOPE -- Desire and expectation rolled into one.
    Ambrose Bierce1842-1914

    kenny, Oct 28, 2005

  2. AVG Free ver 7.1.362 already available and does not have these capabilities.

    --
    Paul Woodsford
    Remove NOSPAM to reply.

    Paul Woodsford, Oct 28, 2005

  3. kenny

    Guest

    Paul Woodsford wrote:
    > AVG Free ver 7.1.362 already available and does not have these capabilities.

    I have 7.1.362 Free and noticed it has a PUP box in control center that
    says "not available". Is the PUP feature not available for Free users?

    -MVL

    , Oct 30, 2005